FIVB Executive Committee meets prior to Board of Administration meeting
Lausanne, Switzerland, April 3, 2013 – The International Volleyball Federation (FIVB) Executive Committee met at the FIVB headquarters in Lausanne, Switzerland on Wednesday in preparation of the Board of Administration meeting on Thursday and Friday.
The FIVB Honorary Life President Jizhong Wei and the Presidents of the FIVB Commissions were in attendance at Wednesday's Executive Committee meeting|
Continued development and modernisation were the key themes as the Executive Committee approved the agenda for the Board of Administration meeting.
FIVB President Dr. Ary S. Graça F° opened the meeting, which included FIVB Honorary Life President Jizhong Wei and the President's of the FIVB Commissions in attendance, by stressing to the members how important they are in determining how to motivate up and coming federations.
“This week is about preparing new ideas to continue the good work Mr Wei started four years ago,” President Graça said. “I love volleyball, I played volleyball, I still play volleyball, I am here for the development of volleyball.
“The FIVB needs your help primarily because we need to improve. We need to change our mentality from the past. This is very important. If we don’t change we are going to lag behind because society is changing. We need to modernise.
“Our position in the sport world is a very good position today. The Olympics were very good but we must come back to reality and react accordingly. We must professionalise the FIVB. We have a long way to go but even if we reach our goals in the next four years it’s not enough, we must go further. That is why we have all kind of people, all kind of thinking in the Executive Committee and Board of Administration.”
Mr Wei added: “When I was President, the main task for me was to bring the FIVB back into the Olympic movement. We had to clean our house first. Now the FIVB is a clean house. Like that we have the confidence of the Olympic movement – the IOC and other sports federations.
"The real revolution starts with the presidency of Dr. Ary Graça. Like he said, to change the mind is sometimes difficult. I attended Rio (Executive Committee meeting in December), now I’m here and I agree with the philosophy of Dr. Ary Graça. This is why I am confident the revolution of the FIVB will continue."
The FIVB Board of Administration will take place at the FIVB headquarters on Thursday and Friday.
- 360° images recreate finals magic
- Agatha and Barbara top rankings after Netherlands heroics
- Brazil dominates podium in The Hague
- FIVB World Tour resumes in Switzerland at Swatch FIVB Gstaad Major
- Brazil, China and USA complete weekend sweep in Group 1
- 2015 FIVB Beach Volleyball World Tour season update following
FIVB Beach Volleyball World Championships the Netherlands 2015
- Australians get second win in Group 1, Finns and Argentines grab 3-1 wins in Group 2
- Egypt win World League Group 3 Finals to advance in Group 2 next year
- Brazilian World Champions Show Improvement
- FIVB President applauds the Netherlands as beach volleyball embarks on new era
- Silver medal finish boasts Fernanda & Lima’s FIVB World Tour rankings
- FIVB Volleyball World Grand Prix, Day 5: Brazil, China, USA all two-from-two in Group 1 to start 2015 tournament
- FIVB Volleyball World League Day 25 - USA secure top spot in Pool B, France finish Pool play with a perfect 12 wins
- Montenegro and Egypt to play for the gold in Group 3 Finals
- FIVB Beach Volleyball World Championships Day Nine - As It Happened
- USA’s Brunner/Lucena Trying to Capture Magic from Season’s Past
- World Grand Prix in full swing with start of Groups 1 and 2
- World League highlights three superb five-setters on Day 24
- FIVB Beach Volleyball World Championships 2015 Day Eight - As It Happened
- Brazilian Semifinal Victories Net Olympic Berth
- 50/50 chances for semifinal Holtwick/Semmler versus Lima/Fernanda
- Heartbreak for brave Bawden and Clancy at World Championships
- Australia competing to stay among volleyball's best
- World League Group 3 finalists have their say
- Smejkal: "Second place in pool D is our goal"
- Turkey hosts USA, Belgium, Italy in World Grand Prix
- Vercesi: "Securing a spot at the Finals remains our main objective"
- Getting Social: FIVB Beach Volleyball World Championships 2015 Day 7
- FIVB Beach Volleyball World Championships 2015 Day Seven - As It Happened
- Brazil captures both quarterfinals Thursday in amazing Apeldoorn
- Day 23 sees Brazil and France extend their lead after both record straight sets victories
- Lucena and Brunner lead semifinals charges as Amsterdam closes for business
- Peru, Colombia, Cuba and Kazakhstan prepare for Pool P encounters in Trujillo
- U20 Drawing of Lots ceremony held in Puerto Rico
- Antiga: "We are now playing for a ticket to the Finals in Rio"
- Alluring Apeldoorn anxiously awaits awesome aria of Quarterfinals tonight
- Australia take on Serbia and Turkey play USA, live on YouTube
- Juliana and Maria Antonelli win Brazilian battle to advance
- Poland and USA prepare for Pool B climax
- Sanderson ready for emotional homecoming
- Qataris move on to quarter-finals
- World Grand Prix Pool A coaches expect challenging weekend
- Americans, Dutch, Germans & Russian Post Elimination Wins
- FIVB Beach Volleyball World Championships Day Six - As It Happened
- Getting Social: FIVB Beach Volleyball World Championships 2015 Day 6
- Awesome Apeldoorn angst approaching Thursday’s Round of 16, quarterfinals
- Qataris upset the form book to advance in Amsterdam
- FIVB President congratulates Amsterdam on spectacular event
- World champs live stream opens
- Predictable Women Winners Wednesday