FIVB Executive Committee meets prior to Board of Administration meeting
Lausanne, Switzerland, April 3, 2013 – The International Volleyball Federation (FIVB) Executive Committee met at the FIVB headquarters in Lausanne, Switzerland on Wednesday in preparation of the Board of Administration meeting on Thursday and Friday.
The FIVB Honorary Life President Jizhong Wei and the Presidents of the FIVB Commissions were in attendance at Wednesday's Executive Committee meeting|
Continued development and modernisation were the key themes as the Executive Committee approved the agenda for the Board of Administration meeting.
FIVB President Dr. Ary S. Graça F° opened the meeting, which included FIVB Honorary Life President Jizhong Wei and the President's of the FIVB Commissions in attendance, by stressing to the members how important they are in determining how to motivate up and coming federations.
“This week is about preparing new ideas to continue the good work Mr Wei started four years ago,” President Graça said. “I love volleyball, I played volleyball, I still play volleyball, I am here for the development of volleyball.
“The FIVB needs your help primarily because we need to improve. We need to change our mentality from the past. This is very important. If we don’t change we are going to lag behind because society is changing. We need to modernise.
“Our position in the sport world is a very good position today. The Olympics were very good but we must come back to reality and react accordingly. We must professionalise the FIVB. We have a long way to go but even if we reach our goals in the next four years it’s not enough, we must go further. That is why we have all kind of people, all kind of thinking in the Executive Committee and Board of Administration.”
Mr Wei added: “When I was President, the main task for me was to bring the FIVB back into the Olympic movement. We had to clean our house first. Now the FIVB is a clean house. Like that we have the confidence of the Olympic movement – the IOC and other sports federations.
"The real revolution starts with the presidency of Dr. Ary Graça. Like he said, to change the mind is sometimes difficult. I attended Rio (Executive Committee meeting in December), now I’m here and I agree with the philosophy of Dr. Ary Graça. This is why I am confident the revolution of the FIVB will continue."
The FIVB Board of Administration will take place at the FIVB headquarters on Thursday and Friday.
- Eczacibasi celebrate golden anniversary ahead of Club Worlds
- Official FIVB World Congress website now open
- Buenos Aires to welcome Volleyball Your Way festival
- Preparations in full swing at PSL Manila
- Galaxy of Olympic stars in 2016-17 Brazil Superleagues
- Brilliant Barbara, Fabulous Fernanda newest Brazilian beach duo
- Iran, China to clash in final of Men's AVC Cup
- Olympic champs Ludwig and Walkenhorst aiming for new heights
- Iran, Japan, China, Chinese Taipei reach AVC Cup semifinals
- 2017 World League Finals bidding process launched
- Angela Leyva in rising orbit ahead of 2017 World Grand Prix Group 2
- Ricardo and Andre win Brazil Tour opener
- World Championship beckons for Dominican Republic, Argentina and Cuba after U23 Pan Am Cup
- Talita/Larissa win gold at Brazil’s National Tour season opener
- Ahead of 2017 Grand Prix European squads excel in continental qualifiers
- Trentino 4th in Italian Supercup ahead of Club Worlds
- World League hopefuls all advance to European Championship finals
- China, Iran top preliminary-round pools in AVC Cup
- Ze Roberto to stay on as coach of Brazil women's team
- Walsh Jennings entering the “unknown”
- At 34, Isabelle Forrer wraps up a glittering career
- Change of guard for Venezuela's men's National Team after departure of Nacci
- One month on, Rio in our hearts
- China confirm Olympic supremacy with Asian Cup title
- Men's Club World Championship takes on Olympic flavour as rosters are unveiled
- Looking back: China win Olympic gold
- Notable retirements at the SWATCH FIVB World Tour Finals
- Beach volleyball players explore Toronto
- Where do beach volleyball players keep their Olympic medals?
- Olympic champions seeking SWATCH Finals validation
- “Johnny Hyden, young and getting younger.”
- Germans not thinking about the money
- High Stakes on Polson Pier Saturday
- How Aleksandrs “The Lion King” Samoilovs earned his nickname
- Former heavyweight champion Lennox Lewis watches beach volleyball match
- Epic women's SWATCH semifinals set
- Brazil, Canada, Latvia and Poland post final men's SWATCH pool wins
- Women’s elimination matches highlight Friday’s SWATCH Finals schedule
- Beach volleyball venue earning rave reviews in Toronto
- German gals add drama to their talent
- Polish Pride on Polson Pier
- Busy Beach Volleyball schedule for Polson Pier Thursday
- Hyden's clock still ticking in Toronto
- Brazilians, Canadians & Swiss post opening women’s SWATCH Finals wins
- 2017 World Grand Prix draw completed - Olympic champions China to play silver medallists Serbia in Week 3
- Increase in teams and record prize money headlines World Grand Prix Council meeting
- Referee preparation programme praised
- FIVB Volleyball House wins award for best hospitality house of Olympic Games in Legacy category
- Beach Volleyball vibes in Canada
- Olympic final rematch confirmed as 2017 World League draw completed