CEV beach volleyball calendar for 2013 released
Klagenfurt will be the venue of this year's CEV Beach Volleyball European Championship - Final, the major highlight on the 2013 European beach volleyball calendar
Luxembourg, Luxembourg, March 4, 2013 - The European 2013 beach volleyball season will get started this coming April 2-6 in Antalya, Turkey, via a Satellite tournament that will break all figures as the main draw and the qualification are open to a total of 32 pairs per gender.
The opening of this year’s campaign will run along with a seminar whereby the European Volleyball Confederation (CEV) will contribute to the education of those who, in their respective countries, are responsible for the coordination and development of beach volleyball refereeing.
Elite beach volleyball returns back to Turkey after this country – and namely the neighboring city of Alanya – had played host in June 2012 to the very last stage of the inaugural Continental Cup where the winners eventually qualified for the 2012 Olympics in London. This testifies the increasing popularity of the sport in one of the world’s fastest growing economies where beach volleyball enjoys the surplus of excellent weather and climate conditions almost all year round.
The 2013 season will culminate in the much anticipated CEV Beach Volleyball European Championship Final scheduled for July 30-August 4 in Klagenfurt, Austria, the real “Mecca” of this sport where every year hundreds of thousands have got together for the annual FIVB Grand Slam. However, before Europe’s beach volleyball elite competes for the continental crown on the banks of the Wörthersee, they will be collecting ranking points via a series of other events that are placed under the authority of CEV.
The European Beach Volleyball Championship will first stop in Baden, near Vienna, on May 29-June 2 for a double-gender tournament before moving to Novi Sad, Serbia, where a Masters open only to men’s duos will take place through July 16-20.
Apart from the European Championship, the season will include also a series of additional events; Montpellier (France) will be playing host – through June 5-9 – to a Satellite tournament for the very first time while Lausanne will be prolonging its long tradition with yet another edition of the Satellite that regularly calls for elite teams and many fans there in the hometown of the Olympic movement. Vaduz (LIE) will emulate its Swiss neighbors by hosting its annual event on August 7-11 while the CEV portfolio is completed by the various age group Championships that this year will serve as qualifiers for the relevant FIVB World Champs coming up in 2014.
Molodechno (BLR), Vilnius (LTU) and Varna (BUL) will be hosting – throughout three weekends in August – the U18, U20 and U22 CEV European Champs respectively where the up-and-coming stars of the sport will be blossoming and try to lay down the foundations for their future, professional career.
To round it off, this year will also see Europe’s youngsters embark on their campaign to possibly join the 2014 Youth Olympic Games in Nanjing, China, where beach volleyball will celebrate its first appearance after missing out on the inaugural edition held in Singapore three years ago.
Similarly to what happened with the CEV Continental Cup and the qualification process for the 2012 London Olympics, teams will be playing with the format country vs. country though with only one duo per gender joining forces to carry the young Olympic hopes of their nation.
The six spots attributed to Europe will be eventually assigned in early 2014 as the qualification process will come to an end via the inaugural CEV Youth Continental Cup Final
- Brazil, China and USA complete weekend sweep in Group 1
- 2015 FIVB Beach Volleyball World Tour season update following
FIVB Beach Volleyball World Championships the Netherlands 2015
- Australians get second win in Group 1, Finns and Argentines grab 3-1 wins in Group 2
- Egypt win World League Group 3 Finals to advance in Group 2 next year
- Brazilian World Champions Show Improvement
- FIVB President applauds the Netherlands as beach volleyball embarks on new era
- Silver medal finish boasts Fernanda & Lima’s FIVB World Tour rankings
- FIVB Volleyball World Grand Prix, Day 5: Brazil, China, USA all two-from-two in Group 1 to start 2015 tournament
- FIVB Volleyball World League Day 25 - USA secure top spot in Pool B, France finish Pool play with a perfect 12 wins
- Montenegro and Egypt to play for the gold in Group 3 Finals
- FIVB Beach Volleyball World Championships Day Nine - As It Happened
- USA’s Brunner/Lucena Trying to Capture Magic from Season’s Past
- World Grand Prix in full swing with start of Groups 1 and 2
- World League highlights three superb five-setters on Day 24
- FIVB Beach Volleyball World Championships 2015 Day Eight - As It Happened
- Brazilian Semifinal Victories Net Olympic Berth
- 50/50 chances for semifinal Holtwick/Semmler versus Lima/Fernanda
- Heartbreak for brave Bawden and Clancy at World Championships
- Australia competing to stay among volleyball's best
- World League Group 3 finalists have their say
- Smejkal: "Second place in pool D is our goal"
- Turkey hosts USA, Belgium, Italy in World Grand Prix
- Vercesi: "Securing a spot at the Finals remains our main objective"
- Getting Social: FIVB Beach Volleyball World Championships 2015 Day 7
- FIVB Beach Volleyball World Championships 2015 Day Seven - As It Happened
- Brazil captures both quarterfinals Thursday in amazing Apeldoorn
- Day 23 sees Brazil and France extend their lead after both record straight sets victories
- Lucena and Brunner lead semifinals charges as Amsterdam closes for business
- Peru, Colombia, Cuba and Kazakhstan prepare for Pool P encounters in Trujillo
- U20 Drawing of Lots ceremony held in Puerto Rico
- Antiga: "We are now playing for a ticket to the Finals in Rio"
- Alluring Apeldoorn anxiously awaits awesome aria of Quarterfinals tonight
- Australia take on Serbia and Turkey play USA, live on YouTube
- Juliana and Maria Antonelli win Brazilian battle to advance
- Poland and USA prepare for Pool B climax
- Sanderson ready for emotional homecoming
- Qataris move on to quarter-finals
- World Grand Prix Pool A coaches expect challenging weekend
- Americans, Dutch, Germans & Russian Post Elimination Wins
- FIVB Beach Volleyball World Championships Day Six - As It Happened
- Getting Social: FIVB Beach Volleyball World Championships 2015 Day 6
- Awesome Apeldoorn angst approaching Thursday’s Round of 16, quarterfinals
- Qataris upset the form book to advance in Amsterdam
- FIVB President congratulates Amsterdam on spectacular event
- World champs live stream opens
- Predictable Women Winners Wednesday
- Amiable Apeldoorn absolutely awesome area for elimination rounds
- Paraguay's Michelle/Filippo incredible experience in Apeldoorn
- Juliana and Larissa set up Amsterdam showdown
- World Grand Prix Week 2 preview: All 28 teams play in thrilling matches around the world