AVC Beach Council Meeting Held in Jakarta
Jakarta, Indonesia, March 4, 2013 – At a meeting held in Jakarta at the end of February, the AVC Beach Council determined its beach volleyball competition calendar for 2013 and discussed proposals for the region’s qualification tournaments and the format of a new competition to be included on this year’s calendar.
Members of the AVC Beach Council meetingat their meeting in Jakarta|
A total of 18 tournaments are now scheduled to be held across the AVC region in 2013. Only nine tournaments are confirmed while the rest are still in negotiation. Of the nine confirmed events, six have a fixed date and location while the other three are pending confirmation for the dates.
The six confirmed events are as follows:
• Khanom Beach, Thailand (Open) from April 9 -11
• Samila Beach, Songkhla, Thailand (Open) from April 14-16
• Palembang, Indonesia (Open) from April 19-22
• Ha Long, Vietnam (Open) from April 25-28
• Chennai, India (U21 Championship) from May 17-19
• Xianning, China (Open) from September 26-29
The premier tournament is the fifth edition of the AVC Beach Volleyball Championship, which will be staged in Haikou China in October/November with the exact date to be confirmed by the organiser.
The 2013 season will also see the inclusion of a brand new event - the AVC Pro-Beach Tour Masters - scheduled to be held in Thailand, China and UAE with dates still pending. Unfortunately the Southeastern Asian Beach Games will not be held in in Myanmar, for the first time in the history and a decision is still to be made about its inclusion in the Islamic Solidarity Games.
The AVC Beach Council also discussed several proposals relating to the qualification tournament for the Youth Olympic Games in Nanjing in 2014, the qualification tournament for the 2013 FIVB Beach Volleyball Age specific world championship (U19/U21/U23) and the competition system for the AVC Continental Cup and Pro-Beach Tour Masters.
- Watch: Highlights of 2014 FIVB World Grand Prix Draw
- Legendary coach Karpol visits FIVB
- Germany ready to battle for ticket to 2014 World Champs
- And the countdown begins to the Durban Open
- Ghana, Nigeria in final phase of Women's World Championship qualification
- Record 28 teams for 2014 World Grand Prix
- Celebrating Czech Republic's 'Mini volleyball in colours'
- Mini volleyball fever takes hold of Palestine
- World League expands to 28 countries
- VIS seminar concludes in Trinidad and Tobago
- Rwanda, Kenya join Egypt to World Champs final qualification phase
- World Tour Council meets in Lausanne
- Egypt claim gold at World Champs zone 5 qualifier
- Talita and Lima confirmed as women’s rankings champs
- Alison and Emanuel announce split
- 5 teams share immaculate record after CEV Champions League third round comes to a close
- Egypt continue with another win as Rwanda edge Kenya in World Champs qualifier
- Jamaicans Hutchinson, Bryan book China ticket in style
- Trinidadian girls Ward, Davidson seal Youth Olympic spot
- Fruitful meeting for Beach Volleyball Commission
- Yet another successful year for Brazil's VivaVolei festival
- Beach Volleyball tour starts in Sierra Leone
- Impressive 56-54 set score at Korean V-League match
- Jamaica, Barbados surprise top teams for China chance
- Watch: The best of 2013 FIVB World Tour now online
- Egypt lead with second victory as Uganda register first win in World Champs qualifier
- Russian dominance ends as Brazil back at number one
- Level II coaches course gets underway in Mauritius
- One step forward for beach volleyball in Indonesia
- Egypt struggle past Kenya as Rwanda ease past Burundi in World Champs qualifier
- FIVB flourishes on Chinese social media
- Zorzi evaluates World Grand Champions Cup performances
- Volleyball workshop boosts sport in Palestine
- Media accreditation reminder for Durban Open
- Trinidad & Tobago host successful setter seminar
- Brazil win fourth World Grand Champions Cup title, Russia and Italy settle for silver and bronze
- Brazil, Russia, Italy all have a shot at Grand Champions Cup gold before last round
- With third straight victory Brazil cement their leadership at Men’s Grand Champions Cup
- Fans flock to FIVB's YouTube following historic Thailand win
- Coaches look forward to another three days of world-class volleyball
- Natalie Cook: "I'm looking forward to 2014 and beyond"
- Andrea Zorzi: 'Size and height aren’t Japan’s only problem'
- Afghanistan gives beach volleyball a jump-start
- Brazil only team with two victories as Grand Champions Cup moves to Tokyo
- Team Japan’s improvement will take time says former volleyball star Motoko Obayashi
- Iran captain says mentality has changed dramatically under Velasco’s leadership
- Andrea Zorzi reviews World Grand Champions Cup opening day
- FIVB and Rio 2016 collaborate to ensure spectacular Olympic Games
- Italy, Brazil, USA all start Men’s Grand Champions Cup on a high note
- Japan coach Manabe draws the line after winning World Grand Champions Cup bronze