Drawing of lots for 2013 Asian Club Championship
Beijing, China, February 4, 2013 – The drawing of lots for the 2013 Asian men’s and women’s Club Volleyball Championships took place under the supervision of the AVC Sport Events Council Chairman, Mr Shanrit Wongprasert at the International Hotel on Friday, February 1, in Beijing, China. The top team of each gender will qualify for the 2013 World Club Championship.
Defending champions Al- Arabi from Qatar will be looking to keep their place on the podium at the tournament to be held in Tehran, Iran in April 2013|
As the national leagues are still on going, the draw was conducted under the names of the AVC members.
Qatar, as defending champion, will meet China and hosts Iran in the men’s club tournament scheduled to be held from April 21 to 29 in Tehran, Iran. China and Iran finished second and third respectively in last edition of the championship held in Shanghai, China.
A total of 14 teams, drawn into four preliminary pools, will take part in the championships. Iran will play against Kuwait, UAE and Chinese Taipei in pool A while defending champion Qatar will meet club teams from Uzbekistan and Iraq in pool B. Pool C consists of China, India and Lebanon, while pool D comprises Kazakhstan, Japan, Oman and the Maldives.
The Women’s Club Championship will be held in Dac Lac of Vietnam from April 24 to May 3, comprising eight teams divided into two pools for the preliminary round. Host Vietnam will meet Thailand, Kazakhstan and Chinese Taipei in pool A. China, Japan, Iran and the People’s Democratic Republic of Korea will play against each other in pool B.
In the 2012 edition, Tianjin Bohai Bank of China, Toray Arrows of Japan and Chang of Thailand finished in the top three spots in the women’s event, while Al-Arabi of Qatar, Shanghai Tang Dynasty of China and Kaleh Mazandaran of Iran won the gold, silver and bronze medals respectively in the men’s tournament.
- Kantor and Losiak use home comforts to continue rapid development
- LIVE - FIVB Volleyball Women's World Cup Japan 2015 - Day 5
- Walsh keeping Olympic dream alive in Olsztyn
- Russia top World Cup first round rankings
- Nine clubs to compete for Asian title
- Cheeky Swiss pair upsets Pedro & Evandro
- Russia, Cuba, Italy and Turkey secure top 8 spots at Men's U23
- Canadians hit stride early in Olsztyn
- Austrians and Aussies progress in Olsztyn
- Van Gestel and van der Vlist hit form after injury break
- Top favourites succeed in Day 4 of World Cup
- President Graça commends Fuji TV’s excellent World Cup coverage
- As It Happened - FIVB Volleyball Women's World Cup Japan 2015 - Day 4
- Bawden and Clancy dare to dream of Copacabana Beach
- Poland celebrates first U19 World Championship title
- Finding a foothold
- Russia win clash of Titans at Men's U23 World Championship
- President Graça welcomes new JVA management to volleyball family
- Lima and Fernanda survive qualification to reach Olsztyn main draw
- New partner, new options for Marketa Slukova
- SoCal sojourn inspires Squeo
- Rankings, rankings and rankings
- Brazil’s next big thing!
- As It Happened - FIVB Volleyball Women's World Cup Japan 2015 - Day 3
- Favourites start victorious at Men's U23 World Championship
- VOTE: Will Russia get their reward?
- Russia stand as lone unbeaten team on Day 3 of World Cup
- Follow the Men's U23 World Championship in the United Arab Emirates
- World champs lead the way in Olsztyn
- FIVB World Tour heading to Poland for FIVB Olsztyn Grand Slam
- 2015 FIVB Beach Volleyball World Tour update following FIVB Long Beach Grand Slam in SoCal, USA
- Keeping it simple for world champions!
- Alison & Bruno continue winning ways on FIVB World Tour
- As It Happened - FIVB Volleyball Women's World Cup Japan 2015 - Day 2
- Talita & Larissa SoCal Golden Girls
- Coaches name Brazil, Russia and Italy as Men's U23 favourites
- China and Russia score back-to-back wins on Day 2 of World Cup
- Austrians' magical sand
- As It Happened - FIVB Volleyball Women's World Cup Japan 2015 - Day 1
- Russia, Cuba, USA, China, Peru and Japan seal victories in World Cup opener
- Taichung Bank capture maiden Asian Men’s Club title
- The future is bright for Women's U23 champions Brazil
- Teams in Tokyo all set for World Cup opening day
- VOTE: Top of the class?
- Rising star Souza takes Brazil forward
- Walking in illustrious footsteps
- Taichung Bank and Al Arabi ready for Asian Men’s Club Championship final
- Moim expects Kenya to surprise
- Defending ASICS World Series of Beach Volleyball champions net pool title
- The telephone call!