Drawing of lots for 2013 Asian Club Championship
Beijing, China, February 4, 2013 – The drawing of lots for the 2013 Asian men’s and women’s Club Volleyball Championships took place under the supervision of the AVC Sport Events Council Chairman, Mr Shanrit Wongprasert at the International Hotel on Friday, February 1, in Beijing, China. The top team of each gender will qualify for the 2013 World Club Championship.
Defending champions Al- Arabi from Qatar will be looking to keep their place on the podium at the tournament to be held in Tehran, Iran in April 2013|
As the national leagues are still on going, the draw was conducted under the names of the AVC members.
Qatar, as defending champion, will meet China and hosts Iran in the men’s club tournament scheduled to be held from April 21 to 29 in Tehran, Iran. China and Iran finished second and third respectively in last edition of the championship held in Shanghai, China.
A total of 14 teams, drawn into four preliminary pools, will take part in the championships. Iran will play against Kuwait, UAE and Chinese Taipei in pool A while defending champion Qatar will meet club teams from Uzbekistan and Iraq in pool B. Pool C consists of China, India and Lebanon, while pool D comprises Kazakhstan, Japan, Oman and the Maldives.
The Women’s Club Championship will be held in Dac Lac of Vietnam from April 24 to May 3, comprising eight teams divided into two pools for the preliminary round. Host Vietnam will meet Thailand, Kazakhstan and Chinese Taipei in pool A. China, Japan, Iran and the People’s Democratic Republic of Korea will play against each other in pool B.
In the 2012 edition, Tianjin Bohai Bank of China, Toray Arrows of Japan and Chang of Thailand finished in the top three spots in the women’s event, while Al-Arabi of Qatar, Shanghai Tang Dynasty of China and Kaleh Mazandaran of Iran won the gold, silver and bronze medals respectively in the men’s tournament.
- Talita/Larissa win gold at Brazil’s National Tour season opener
- Ahead of 2017 Grand Prix European squads excel in continental qualifiers
- Trentino 4th in Italian Supercup ahead of Club Worlds
- World League hopefuls all advance to European Championship finals
- China, Iran top preliminary-round pools in AVC Cup
- Ze Roberto to stay on as coach of Brazil women's team
- Walsh Jennings entering the “unknown”
- At 34, Isabelle Forrer wraps up a glittering career
- Change of guard for Venezuela's men's National Team after departure of Nacci
- “It’s been a long season”
- One month on, Rio in our hearts
- China confirm Olympic supremacy with Asian Cup title
- Men's Club World Championship takes on Olympic flavour as rosters are unveiled
- Looking back: China win Olympic gold
- Notable retirements at the SWATCH FIVB World Tour Finals
- Beach volleyball players explore Toronto
- Where do beach volleyball players keep their Olympic medals?
- Olympic champions seeking SWATCH Finals validation
- “Johnny Hyden, young and getting younger.”
- Germans not thinking about the money
- High Stakes on Polson Pier Saturday
- How Aleksandrs “The Lion King” Samoilovs earned his nickname
- Former heavyweight champion Lennox Lewis watches beach volleyball match
- Epic women's SWATCH semifinals set
- Brazil, Canada, Latvia and Poland post final men's SWATCH pool wins
- Women’s elimination matches highlight Friday’s SWATCH Finals schedule
- Beach volleyball venue earning rave reviews in Toronto
- German gals add drama to their talent
- Polish Pride on Polson Pier
- Busy Beach Volleyball schedule for Polson Pier Thursday
- Hyden's clock still ticking in Toronto
- Brazilians, Canadians & Swiss post opening women’s SWATCH Finals wins
- 2017 World Grand Prix draw completed - Olympic champions China to play silver medallists Serbia in Week 3
- Increase in teams and record prize money headlines World Grand Prix Council meeting
- Referee preparation programme praised
- FIVB Volleyball House wins award for best hospitality house of Olympic Games in Legacy category
- Beach Volleyball vibes in Canada
- Olympic final rematch confirmed as 2017 World League draw completed
- Quality and consistency key to success of a global World League
- SWATCH birthday present awaits Bansley?
- Rio 2016 stars to descend on Manila for Club World Champs
- Toronto becomes the “Capital of Beach Volleyball”
- As the Mikasa Turns - Bansley & Pavan "split" conversation
- Argentina win U23 Men’s Pan American Cup
- TALKIN’ STATS: Swatch FIVB World Tour Finals Preview
- Toronto's Tuesday Trial - Pavan’s pristine picture?
- Smashed, tied, revised or still standing: The Records of Rio 2016
- Pools and schedule outlined for Men's Club World Champs
- Trentino, UPCN and Bolivar join top teams at Men’s Club World Champs
- Lupo and Nicolai staying grounded despite Rio silver