FIVB Medical Commission highlights success
Lausanne, Switzerland, January 28, 2013 – The FIVB Medical Commission held their annual two-day meeting in Lausanne, Switzerland Saturday and Sunday to discuss the federation’s ongoing role in protecting players’ health and keeping the sport clean.
FIVB President Dr. Ary S. Graça F° and Medical Commission President Dr. Yuichiro Hamu led discussions on the FIVB's health and anti-doping agendas|
Topics examined during sessions overseen by FIVB President Dr. Ary S. Graça F° and Medical Commission President Dr. Yuichiro Hamu included the FIVB's Injury Surveillance System, Heat Stress Monitoring, Referee Health Management Programme and the Medical & Anti-Doping programme.
The FIVB wants to make all efforts possible to educate volleyball and beach volleyball players, medical personnel, doctors and physiotherapists on the rules concerning Anti-Doping, and the launch of the Anti-Doping Education Programme is among the FIVB Medical Department’s initiatives to that end. Since the launch of this initiative in 2010, over 7,400 users have completed it.
The FIVB is pleased to announce that the Education Programme is now available in German, Russian and Portuguese, in addition to the existing languages of English, French and Spanish.
The FIVB firmly believes that it is vital for athletes and medical personnel to be aware of the rules concerning Anti-Doping. The online Anti-Doping education programme provides an interactive learning experience made up of videos and questions on a range of Doping topics, including Therapeutic Use Exemptions (TUEs), Whereabouts and Dietary Supplements. Real-life situations form the basis of the scenarios and users are tested with engaging exercises.
Once players have completed the programme they are presented with an Anti-Doping certificate to prove they have been informed and educated on the rules and regulations regarding testing. Athletes wishing to play in FIVB volleyball competitions or on the FIVB Beach Volleyball World Tour must acquire this certificate to confirm they have gained knowledge in the important subject of Anti-Doping.
- Ze Roberto to stay on as coach of Brazil women's team
- Walsh Jennings entering the “unknown”
- At 34, Isabelle Forrer wraps up a glittering career
- Change of guard for Venezuela's men's National Team after departure of Nacci
- “It’s been a long season”
- One month on, Rio in our hearts
- China confirm Olympic supremacy with Asian Cup title
- Men's Club World Championship takes on Olympic flavour as rosters are unveiled
- Looking back: China win Olympic gold
- Notable retirements at the SWATCH FIVB World Tour Finals
- Beach volleyball players explore Toronto
- Where do beach volleyball players keep their Olympic medals?
- Olympic champions seeking SWATCH Finals validation
- “Johnny Hyden, young and getting younger.”
- Germans not thinking about the money
- High Stakes on Polson Pier Saturday
- How Aleksandrs “The Lion King” Samoilovs earned his nickname
- Former heavyweight champion Lennox Lewis watches beach volleyball match
- Epic women's SWATCH semifinals set
- Brazil, Canada, Latvia and Poland post final men's SWATCH pool wins
- Women’s elimination matches highlight Friday’s SWATCH Finals schedule
- Beach volleyball venue earning rave reviews in Toronto
- German gals add drama to their talent
- Polish Pride on Polson Pier
- Busy Beach Volleyball schedule for Polson Pier Thursday
- Hyden's clock still ticking in Toronto
- Brazilians, Canadians & Swiss post opening women’s SWATCH Finals wins
- 2017 World Grand Prix draw completed - Olympic champions China to play silver medallists Serbia in Week 3
- Increase in teams and record prize money headlines World Grand Prix Council meeting
- Referee preparation programme praised
- FIVB Volleyball House wins award for best hospitality house of Olympic Games in Legacy category
- Beach Volleyball vibes in Canada
- Olympic final rematch confirmed as 2017 World League draw completed
- Quality and consistency key to success of a global World League
- SWATCH birthday present awaits Bansley?
- Rio 2016 stars to descend on Manila for Club World Champs
- Toronto becomes the “Capital of Beach Volleyball”
- As the Mikasa Turns - Bansley & Pavan "split" conversation
- Argentina win U23 Men’s Pan American Cup
- TALKIN’ STATS: Swatch FIVB World Tour Finals Preview
- Toronto's Tuesday Trial - Pavan’s pristine picture?
- Smashed, tied, revised or still standing: The Records of Rio 2016
- Pools and schedule outlined for Men's Club World Champs
- Trentino, UPCN and Bolivar join top teams at Men’s Club World Champs
- Lupo and Nicolai staying grounded despite Rio silver
- Schedule set as World Tour Finals countdown enters final week
- A month after opening, Brazil still bask in Rio 2016 gold glory
- Relive Egypt's Olympic beach volleyball debut
- One month after first serve, memories of Rio still stay strong
- Reminiscing Rio and the delights of Copacabana