Women’s 2012 Olympic technical evaluations now available
Lausanne, Switzerland, January 11, 2013 – The FIVB Technical and Development department has announced the completion, by the FIVB’s Technical Evaluations Team, of the technical evaluations from the Women’s London Olympic Games. The Men’s evaluations will follow shortly. These tools, which are freely available for use here on the Technical/Coach page of fivb.org, highlight the latest trends and techniques of the world’s best players and teams.
The evaluation explores a wide range of topics important for coaches, such as the roles of height and experience for different player positions|
The educational kit includes video clips from the semifinal and final matches at the London Olympics, selected to help coaches and players learn the skills and drills of the world’s best teams. The videos each highlight specific lessons and can be streamed online or downloaded, played at full speed or in slow motion. For the first time, the selection of videos includes recordings of the teams’ pre-match warmups.
The depth of detail and data contained in these evaluations gives coaches and players unique insight into how different teams succeed at volleyball, right down to their players’ physical characteristics and how that relates to the tactics they use.
The London 2012 technical evaluations have a slightly different focus than previous editions. More attention is now devoted to group and team tactics, rather than individual techniques. The material is divided into five overall sections: Personal Data, comparing the team compositions of the four finalist squads; Complex I (First Ball Side Out); Complex II (Transition); Team Characteristics, comparing each squad’s tactical approach; and a link to each team’s Lineups.
Coaches, teachers and players are encouraged to explore the materials and download them for use in training. The FIVB Technical and Development department has committed to helping grassroots development by giving anyone with the desire to learn access to high-quality, professional coaching aids, free of charge. All video demonstrations are made available in high- and low-quality versions to account for different internet connection speeds.
"These evaluations are the result of the efforts of the FIVB Technical Evaluation Team, which has poured countless hours into this project over the past few months," said FIVB Technical and Development director Helgi Thorsteinsson. "This project would be impossible without that team, led by Berthold Fröhner, who has provided valuable expertise to the FIVB for the past three decades."
- President Graça: "FIVB World Congress an opportunity to reflect, celebrate and look ahead"
- Josh Binstock comes full circle in Toronto ahead of retirement
- Rio 2016 Volleyball House legacy starting to be felt
- Japan to host its first-ever FIVB Volleyball Women’s Club World Championship in Kobe
- 35th FIVB Congress to open in period of unprecedented growth for volleyball
- Eczacibasi celebrate golden anniversary ahead of Club Worlds
- Official FIVB World Congress website now open
- Buenos Aires to welcome Volleyball Your Way festival
- Preparations in full swing at PSL Manila
- Galaxy of Olympic stars in 2016-17 Brazil Superleagues
- Brilliant Barbara, Fabulous Fernanda newest Brazilian beach duo
- Olympic champs Ludwig and Walkenhorst aiming for new heights
- Iran, Japan, China, Chinese Taipei reach AVC Cup semifinals
- 2017 World League Finals bidding process launched
- Angela Leyva in rising orbit ahead of 2017 World Grand Prix Group 2
- Ricardo and Andre win Brazil Tour opener
- World Championship beckons for Dominican Republic, Argentina and Cuba after U23 Pan Am Cup
- Talita/Larissa win gold at Brazil’s National Tour season opener
- Ahead of 2017 Grand Prix European squads excel in continental qualifiers
- Trentino 4th in Italian Supercup ahead of Club Worlds
- World League hopefuls all advance to European Championship finals
- Ze Roberto to stay on as coach of Brazil women's team
- Walsh Jennings entering the “unknown”
- At 34, Isabelle Forrer wraps up a glittering career
- Change of guard for Venezuela's men's National Team after departure of Nacci
- One month on, Rio in our hearts
- China confirm Olympic supremacy with Asian Cup title
- Men's Club World Championship takes on Olympic flavour as rosters are unveiled
- Looking back: China win Olympic gold
- Notable retirements at the SWATCH FIVB World Tour Finals
- Beach volleyball players explore Toronto
- Where do beach volleyball players keep their Olympic medals?
- Olympic champions seeking SWATCH Finals validation
- “Johnny Hyden, young and getting younger.”
- Germans not thinking about the money
- High Stakes on Polson Pier Saturday
- How Aleksandrs “The Lion King” Samoilovs earned his nickname
- Former heavyweight champion Lennox Lewis watches beach volleyball match
- Epic women's SWATCH semifinals set
- Brazil, Canada, Latvia and Poland post final men's SWATCH pool wins
- Women’s elimination matches highlight Friday’s SWATCH Finals schedule
- Beach volleyball venue earning rave reviews in Toronto
- German gals add drama to their talent
- Polish Pride on Polson Pier
- Busy Beach Volleyball schedule for Polson Pier Thursday
- Hyden's clock still ticking in Toronto
- Brazilians, Canadians & Swiss post opening women’s SWATCH Finals wins
- 2017 World Grand Prix draw completed - Olympic champions China to play silver medallists Serbia in Week 3
- Increase in teams and record prize money headlines World Grand Prix Council meeting
- Referee preparation programme praised