New Year’s Volleyball Festival in Novi Sad gathers 128 teams from seven countries
Novi Sad, Serbia, January 10, 2013 – The third international New Year's Volleyball Festival was held in Novi Sad, and as in the previous two years included pre-youth (“pioneer”) and youth competitions.
The best male and female players, in addition to the trophy, received a pair of sneakers – a gift from one of the sponsors of the tournament|
After three days of play, 400 matches had been held on 20 courts in eight Sports Halls across the city. A total of 128 teams took part, coming from Serbia, Russia, Greece, Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina and FYR Macedonia. On the last day of the tournament, the semifinals, final match and bronze medal match were played. Prizes were presented to the best male and female players.
Among the female “pioneers”, the winning team was “Vrbas”, who defeated “Blok Aut” in the final match 2-0 (25-21, 25-16). In the match for third place, “Cemp 07” beat “Prvi Tempo” 2-0. Marina Vitas from “Vrbas” was named the Best Player in the competition of female “pioneers”.
Among the male “pioneers”, the winners are “Zeleznicar”, who defeated “As” in the final match 2-0 (25-16, 25-19). The third place went to “Spartak Ljig” who beat “Futog” 2-0 (25-22, 25-19). Marko Avramovic, player of “Zeleznicar”, was named the Best Player of the tournament in the category of male “pioneers”.
In the youth girls’ competition, “Vojvodina” from Novi Sad beat “Ruma” in the final 2-1 (23-25, 25-18, 15-9). The third sport went to “Iton Srem Tempo” from Sremska Mitrovica, who defeated “Klek” in the consolation match 2-0 (25-22, 25-19). Marija Vujnovic from “Vojvodina” was named the Best Player of the tournament in the youth girls’ competition.
“Vojvodina NS Seme” triumphed in the youth boys’ competition after defeating “As” in the final 2-1 (25-12, 19-25, 15-5). In the match for the consolation prize, “Srem Iton” from Sremska Mitrovica beat “Spartak Ljig” 2-1 (15-25, 25-14, 15-11). Nedjeljko Radovic from “Vojvodina NS Seme” was named the Best Player of the tournament in the youth boys’ category, and the prize was presented to him by Mr. Aleksandar Boricic, president of the Volleyball Federation of Serbia and FIVB executive vice-president.
“The Volleyball Federation of Serbia supported the idea for this project, carried out by the Volleyball Federation of Vojvodina, right from the beginning,” Mr Boricic said. “We will continue to do so in the future because this is an excellent example of good organisation and work by the people in our sport. All together, we should make huge effort to gather more participants next year so the Festival can get a significant place in the CEV calendar. Then we can talk about some kind of unofficial European Championship for the younger categories in Novi Sad.”
The best male and female players, in addition to the trophy, received a pair of sneakers – a gift from one of the sponsors of the tournament.
- FIVB Volleyball World Grand Prix, Day 5: Brazil, China, USA all two-from-two in Group 1 to start 2015 tournament
- FIVB Volleyball World League Day 25 - USA secure top spot in Pool B, France finish Pool play with a perfect 12 wins
- Montenegro and Egypt to play for the gold in Group 3 Finals
- FIVB Beach Volleyball World Championships Day Nine - As It Happened
- USA’s Brunner/Lucena Trying to Capture Magic from Season’s Past
- World Grand Prix in full swing with start of Groups 1 and 2
- World League highlights three superb five-setters on Day 24
- FIVB Beach Volleyball World Championships 2015 Day Eight - As It Happened
- Brazilian Semifinal Victories Net Olympic Berth
- 50/50 chances for semifinal Holtwick/Semmler versus Lima/Fernanda
- Heartbreak for brave Bawden and Clancy at World Championships
- Australia competing to stay among volleyball's best
- World League Group 3 finalists have their say
- Smejkal: "Second place in pool D is our goal"
- Turkey hosts USA, Belgium, Italy in World Grand Prix
- Vercesi: "Securing a spot at the Finals remains our main objective"
- Getting Social: FIVB Beach Volleyball World Championships 2015 Day 7
- FIVB Beach Volleyball World Championships 2015 Day Seven - As It Happened
- Brazil captures both quarterfinals Thursday in amazing Apeldoorn
- Day 23 sees Brazil and France extend their lead after both record straight sets victories
- Lucena and Brunner lead semifinals charges as Amsterdam closes for business
- Peru, Colombia, Cuba and Kazakhstan prepare for Pool P encounters in Trujillo
- U20 Drawing of Lots ceremony held in Puerto Rico
- Antiga: "We are now playing for a ticket to the Finals in Rio"
- Alluring Apeldoorn anxiously awaits awesome aria of Quarterfinals tonight
- Australia take on Serbia and Turkey play USA, live on YouTube
- Juliana and Maria Antonelli win Brazilian battle to advance
- Poland and USA prepare for Pool B climax
- Sanderson ready for emotional homecoming
- Qataris move on to quarter-finals
- World Grand Prix Pool A coaches expect challenging weekend
- Americans, Dutch, Germans & Russian Post Elimination Wins
- FIVB Beach Volleyball World Championships Day Six - As It Happened
- Getting Social: FIVB Beach Volleyball World Championships 2015 Day 6
- Awesome Apeldoorn angst approaching Thursday’s Round of 16, quarterfinals
- Qataris upset the form book to advance in Amsterdam
- FIVB President congratulates Amsterdam on spectacular event
- World champs live stream opens
- Predictable Women Winners Wednesday
- Amiable Apeldoorn absolutely awesome area for elimination rounds
- Paraguay's Michelle/Filippo incredible experience in Apeldoorn
- Juliana and Larissa set up Amsterdam showdown
- World Grand Prix Week 2 preview: All 28 teams play in thrilling matches around the world
- World League Week 8 preview: Group 3 finalists in the spotlight
- Three Dutch men’s teams advance to elimination rounds
- Artacho and Laird out to cause an upset in Amsterdam
- Getting Social: FIVB Beach Volleyball World Championships 2015 Day 5
- FIVB Beach Volleyball World Championships 2015 Day 5 - Day 5 As It Happened
- World champs has huge social media impact
- Dutch & Germans Net The Hague Pool Titles