President Graça welcomes Executive Committee to Rio
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, December 15, 2012 – The first FIVB Executive Committee meeting under the new presidency of Dr. Ary S. Graça F° got underway in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil on Saturday, with the FIVB President welcoming all the members, including FIVB Honorary Life President Jizhong Wei, to his home where the one-day meeting is being held.
FIVB President Graça with the members of the Executive Committee in Rio de Janeiro|
“It`s a pleasure for me receive everybody in my house with my family,” President Graça said. “Let us think and dream together, about volleyball.
“Our image is essential. We have to invest internally - we must use corporate governance methods in order to work honestly with transparency. We also have to invest externally - development of an image for the public, the spectators, the sponsors, the governments, the families and communities, which consume sport. We must continually build up our image in the best way possible. Carefully and continuously work on our image, as a flower, which, as a thing of beauty, needs the best treatment.
“Governments can often be our best partners. They can understand technically our projects and investments.
“For volleyball`s vigour, we need and must invest in managers. Managers are those fellows who consolidate and integrate the production in five points: raw material, capital, human resources, entrepreneurial talent and time. Each country must find out a way to attract, train and motivate the best volleyball managers it can maintain through its national federation. And for national federations the manager is the core of volleyball`s strategy for growth and expansion.
“Managers are a very scarce, rare commodity, so the FIVB can offer training course, seminars and meetings through the corporate universities.
“We must also invest in athletes since their earliest part of their lives, with good schools gymnasiums, sports facilities, clubs and any place were volleyball is levied and people meet and talk. Proactivity is everything.
“My last message is this one: Volleyball is a fantastic sport, but it needs your proactive energy to increase, expand and exist.”
Key items of the meeting agenda include the President's 100 day report, presentation of proposals from the Finance Commission, Sports Events Council, World League Council, World Grand Prix Council and Beach Volleyball World Tour Council.
- Beach Volleyball - Family Sport Entertainment
- Beach volleyball’s success based on hard work
- Golden era for beach volleyball
- FIVB World Continental Cup Olympic Qualification tournament to take place in Russia
- Martinez chosen for 2020 PlayTrue Torch Relay Project
- World Tour Finals in Fort Lauderdale: Saving the best for last
- Eight teams earn men’s main draw spots at FIVB Puerto Vallarta Open
- The ABCs of Beach Volleyball - Agatha, Barbara and Consistency
- Challenges Create Court Confidence
- Brazilian women capture 19th gold in South American Championship
- Australia's Bawden and Clancy defend Asian title
- The Fan Zone - SWATCH Beach Volleyball FIVB World Tour Finals - Day 6
- FIVB World Tour 2016 starts in Mexico with FIVB Puerto Vallarta Open
- 2015 FIVB Beach Volleyball World Tour update after Swatch FIVB World Tour Finals
- Brazilian Beach Clinic
- Brazil record 30th title win in Men's South American Championship
- Talita & Larissa net gold medal & “richest” prize
- Russian claim back-to-back European titles to cement status as Europe's Volleyball Queens
- Evandro & Pedro rebound for bronze medal finish
- Track stars become Beach Volleyball fans
- Brazilian world champions net SWATCH FIVB World Tour Finals bronze medal
- FIVB President Graça launches '9 goals' strategic plan
- The Fan Zone - Swatch Beach Volleyball FIVB World Tour Finals - Day 5
- Fort Lauderdale - Another key part of the beach volleyball success story
- Russia and the Netherlands to clash for European crown
- Beach Volleyball Impressions - 1981 from southern California to now in south Florida
- USA win third consecutive NORCECA title
- The Fan Zone - Swatch Beach Volleyball FIVB World Tour Finals - Day 4
- Brazil, Germany and USA pairs net Swatch FIVB World Tour Finals bracket berths
- USA face Dominican Republic in NORCECA Women’s Championship final
- Women’s EuroVolley semis are set; Russia play Serbia, Oranjes take on Turkey
- Brazilian world champions featured Wednesday
- Beach Volleyball rivalry blasts sky high
- Lost in America
- Italy, Poland, Belgium and Germany complete line-up for women’s EuroVolley quarterfinals
- “Wild Card” Tuesday at SWATCH FIVB World Tour Finals
- 2017 Beach Volleyball World Championships bidding process extended
- SWATCH FIVB World Tour Finals - Revised Side Court Schedule
- A mum who sides out
- Congress preparations in full swing as President Graça visits FeVA
- Netherlands, Russia, Serbia and Turkey progress to women's EuroVolley quarterfinals
- $500,000 Swatch FIVB Beach Volleyball World Tour Finals
this week in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA
- Brazilian city of Maceio host South American tournament calendar highlight
- Puerto Rican Aury Cruz ties own scoring record
- Russia lead men’s U21 rankings
- Dominican Republic top women’s U20 rankings
- Japan host successful outreach programme
- 2015 FIVB Beach Volleyball World Tour season update after FIVB Xiamen Open
- Eight teams vie for South American Championship crown
- First FIVB World Tour gold for Switzerland's Heidrich/Zumkehr at Xiamen Open