President Graça welcomes Executive Committee to Rio
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, December 15, 2012 – The first FIVB Executive Committee meeting under the new presidency of Dr. Ary S. Graça F° got underway in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil on Saturday, with the FIVB President welcoming all the members, including FIVB Honorary Life President Jizhong Wei, to his home where the one-day meeting is being held.
FIVB President Graça with the members of the Executive Committee in Rio de Janeiro|
“It`s a pleasure for me receive everybody in my house with my family,” President Graça said. “Let us think and dream together, about volleyball.
“Our image is essential. We have to invest internally - we must use corporate governance methods in order to work honestly with transparency. We also have to invest externally - development of an image for the public, the spectators, the sponsors, the governments, the families and communities, which consume sport. We must continually build up our image in the best way possible. Carefully and continuously work on our image, as a flower, which, as a thing of beauty, needs the best treatment.
“Governments can often be our best partners. They can understand technically our projects and investments.
“For volleyball`s vigour, we need and must invest in managers. Managers are those fellows who consolidate and integrate the production in five points: raw material, capital, human resources, entrepreneurial talent and time. Each country must find out a way to attract, train and motivate the best volleyball managers it can maintain through its national federation. And for national federations the manager is the core of volleyball`s strategy for growth and expansion.
“Managers are a very scarce, rare commodity, so the FIVB can offer training course, seminars and meetings through the corporate universities.
“We must also invest in athletes since their earliest part of their lives, with good schools gymnasiums, sports facilities, clubs and any place were volleyball is levied and people meet and talk. Proactivity is everything.
“My last message is this one: Volleyball is a fantastic sport, but it needs your proactive energy to increase, expand and exist.”
Key items of the meeting agenda include the President's 100 day report, presentation of proposals from the Finance Commission, Sports Events Council, World League Council, World Grand Prix Council and Beach Volleyball World Tour Council.
- Alison and Bruno continue impressive form
- FIVB World Tour champs hitting top form
- Sada Cruzeiro take Superliga title on their way to Club World Championship in May
- Serbian Beach Volleyball duo to celebrate FIVB Grand Slam debut in Shanghai
- Chinese Taipei, Iraq's South Gas Club Sports to fight for fifth place of Asian Men’s Club Champs
- Organisers of Moscow Grand Slam unveil plans for a memorable 2014 edition
- Kovac looking forward to getting to grips with Iranian national team
- Kondensat-Zhaikmunay, Matin Varamin, Al-Rayyan, Baic Motor cruise to semis of Asian club championship
- Argentina and Chile take gold in Tucuman stop of South American Beach Tour
- Zurich glory for Swiss and German duos
- Match times announced for FIVB Volleyball Men’s World Championship first round
- CEV President signs agreement with Danish Federation to establish Europe’s fifth Regional Volleyball Development Centre
- Field takes shape as more teams book ticket to Youth Olympic Games
- Watch skilled young athletes and training videos on FIVB Development YouTube
- Puerto Rican and American boys ticketed to Nanjing
- Puerto Rican and Canadian girls grab spots to Nanjing
- Top New Zealand pair out to boost beach volleyball’s profile before taking on world
- Volero Zurich leads national teams, as preparations begin for FIVB Women's Club Championship
- American duo breezes past opponents in day one in Carolina
- Canadian twins steal the show in Carolina
- South Gas Club Sports, Matin Varamin, Al-Rayyan, Baic Motor top their pools in Asian Club preliminary round
- Aussie pair takes important first step before FIVB World Tour
- Qatar, Vanuatu share honours at Khanom Asian Beach Volleyball Tour
- Al-Rayyan on course to a clean sweep in the preliminaries
- Iraq, Iran, Lebanon, Qatar, China clubs remain unbeaten after Day 3 of Asian Men's Club Volleyball Championship
- FIVB stars on show as Swiss Tour gets underway
- Lases Cup comes to another successful end in Latvia
- Iran's Matin Varamin overcome Oita Miyoshi Weisse Adler at Asian Men’s Club Championship
- President completes important SportAccord visit
- Brazil confirms Grand Slam event in September
- Polish Volleyball hero Mariusz Wlazly returns to national team
- Brazil's Mineirinho arena shaping up for a big month
- Philippines, Lebanon, Qatar, Kazakhstan, Chinese Taipei win on first day of Asian Club Championship
- Nakhon Pathom ready to host Asian Women’s Club Championship
- Puerto Rico hosts NORCECA Final Qualifiers to Nanjing
- Germany’s mentor Vital Heynen shares goals and vision ahead of international season
- Rules of the Game Volleyball Case Book available for download
- Underdogs hope to pull of surprises in Asian Men's Club Championship
- One million dollars in prize money up for grabs at Transavia and Long Beach Grand Slams
- Palestine stages mini-volleyball festival in Bethlehem
- Venezuela and Paraguay take gold in third stage of Youth Olympic Games qualification
- Indonesia, Kazakhstan, Thailand claim two berths apiece for Nanjing Youth Olympics
- Celebrating the power of sport
- Volleyball will have a big role to play – President Graça
- Board praises FIVB direction under President Graça’s leadership
- FIVB Men’s World Championship ticket sales begin Monday
- Belgium women's coach receives Sport Science Award
- Board backs key World Championships
- World Championships medallists lead German teams at Shanghai Grand Slam
- Board puts volleyball on the path to greater success