President Graça welcomes Executive Committee to Rio
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, December 15, 2012 – The first FIVB Executive Committee meeting under the new presidency of Dr. Ary S. Graça F° got underway in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil on Saturday, with the FIVB President welcoming all the members, including FIVB Honorary Life President Jizhong Wei, to his home where the one-day meeting is being held.
FIVB President Graça with the members of the Executive Committee in Rio de Janeiro|
“It`s a pleasure for me receive everybody in my house with my family,” President Graça said. “Let us think and dream together, about volleyball.
“Our image is essential. We have to invest internally - we must use corporate governance methods in order to work honestly with transparency. We also have to invest externally - development of an image for the public, the spectators, the sponsors, the governments, the families and communities, which consume sport. We must continually build up our image in the best way possible. Carefully and continuously work on our image, as a flower, which, as a thing of beauty, needs the best treatment.
“Governments can often be our best partners. They can understand technically our projects and investments.
“For volleyball`s vigour, we need and must invest in managers. Managers are those fellows who consolidate and integrate the production in five points: raw material, capital, human resources, entrepreneurial talent and time. Each country must find out a way to attract, train and motivate the best volleyball managers it can maintain through its national federation. And for national federations the manager is the core of volleyball`s strategy for growth and expansion.
“Managers are a very scarce, rare commodity, so the FIVB can offer training course, seminars and meetings through the corporate universities.
“We must also invest in athletes since their earliest part of their lives, with good schools gymnasiums, sports facilities, clubs and any place were volleyball is levied and people meet and talk. Proactivity is everything.
“My last message is this one: Volleyball is a fantastic sport, but it needs your proactive energy to increase, expand and exist.”
Key items of the meeting agenda include the President's 100 day report, presentation of proposals from the Finance Commission, Sports Events Council, World League Council, World Grand Prix Council and Beach Volleyball World Tour Council.
- Brazil, Russia get big opening wins in World Grand Prix
- FIVB U19 World Championships in Porto move into knockout phase
- USA’s DeFalco/Richard bounce back to move into second round in Porto
- 16 Men’s teams still standing Friday at FIVB Klagenfurt A1 Grand Slam
- Puerto Rico and Paraguay girls into last 16 at the U19 World Championships
- Women’s final four ready for Saturday’s finale at FIVB Klagenfurt A1 Grand Slam
- Venezuela tops the pool with swinging beach volleyball at the U19
- Caps, cake and first place for the McNamara twins
- Early pool winners at the FIVB U19 World Championships
- Big game ahead for France and Argentina in pool C
- Brazil’s Arthur and George Wanderley love the art of beach volleyball
- Women’s field set for round of 16, quarterfinals at FIVB Klagenfurt A1 Grand Slam
- Men’s pool play nets 12 undefeated teams at FIVB Klagenfurt A1 Grand Slam
- Early birthday present for Brazil’s Eduarda at the U19 in Porto
- World Grand Prix 'Match of the week' programme focuses on Turkey-Russia
- 1990: Last World Championship title for the Soviet Union and first for Italy
- Gamova changes her mind, joins Russian national team for World Championship
- José Jardim, a promising player on and off the sand
- Top teams on track on the opening day of the U19 World Championships
- Perfect start for German and Russian girls at the U19 in Porto
- Venezuela takes early pool lead at the U19 World Championships
- Eleven unbeaten teams in women’s main draw at FIVB Klagenfurt A1 Grand Slam
- Eight teams earn men’s main draw spots at FIVB Klagenfurt A1 Grand Slam
- Lucky losers from Lithuania happy with second chance at the U19 in Porto
- Statistical preview: Brazil begin quest for tenth World Grand Prix title
- FIVB Men's World Championship draws near
- Eight qualifiers and six lucky losers into U19 World Championships main draw
- Welsch/Bieneck into U19 main draw with a little help from ‘big sis’ Victoria
- Eight teams advance to women’s main draw at FIVB Klagenfurt A1 Grand Slam
- Australia’s Guehrer and Hunter take first stepping-stone at U19
- Vlado Nikolov returns to the fold for World Championships
- Iconic $800,000 FIVB Klagenfurt A1 Grand Slam starts in Austria
- “Jenny” Lang Ping: a legendary wanderer between worlds
- World Grand Prix Week 2: Big twelve begin title chase
- Puerto Rico: “Soto-Man” makes experience count
- Talking Stats: FIVB Beach Volleyball World Tour—July 29
- Medal winners return to Porto for the U19 World Championships
- Poland, Netherlands, Czech Republic, Bulgaria assume early pool leadership in World Grand Prix
- FIVB Beach Volleyball World Tour update after 11 events
- Elisa Togut looks ahead to Women's World Championship
- Social Timeline: Golden fun in the Long Beach sun
- Social Timeline: New format, same excitement as 2014 Grand Prix begins
- Historic success for Mexico
- USA’s Dalhausser & Rosenthal net third 2014 World Tour gold
- Ross/Walsh Jennings capture women’s gold on home sand
- Back-to-back Larnaka gold for Poland’s Bryl and Kujawiak
- Four European teams keep spotless win-records in World Grand Prix
- Brazil to battle USA Sunday for Long Beach women’s gold
- Men’s Long Beach final between Poland, USA
- U21 World Championships in Larnaka down to last eight