President Graça welcomes Executive Committee to Rio
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, December 15, 2012 – The first FIVB Executive Committee meeting under the new presidency of Dr. Ary S. Graça F° got underway in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil on Saturday, with the FIVB President welcoming all the members, including FIVB Honorary Life President Jizhong Wei, to his home where the one-day meeting is being held.
FIVB President Graça with the members of the Executive Committee in Rio de Janeiro|
“It`s a pleasure for me receive everybody in my house with my family,” President Graça said. “Let us think and dream together, about volleyball.
“Our image is essential. We have to invest internally - we must use corporate governance methods in order to work honestly with transparency. We also have to invest externally - development of an image for the public, the spectators, the sponsors, the governments, the families and communities, which consume sport. We must continually build up our image in the best way possible. Carefully and continuously work on our image, as a flower, which, as a thing of beauty, needs the best treatment.
“Governments can often be our best partners. They can understand technically our projects and investments.
“For volleyball`s vigour, we need and must invest in managers. Managers are those fellows who consolidate and integrate the production in five points: raw material, capital, human resources, entrepreneurial talent and time. Each country must find out a way to attract, train and motivate the best volleyball managers it can maintain through its national federation. And for national federations the manager is the core of volleyball`s strategy for growth and expansion.
“Managers are a very scarce, rare commodity, so the FIVB can offer training course, seminars and meetings through the corporate universities.
“We must also invest in athletes since their earliest part of their lives, with good schools gymnasiums, sports facilities, clubs and any place were volleyball is levied and people meet and talk. Proactivity is everything.
“My last message is this one: Volleyball is a fantastic sport, but it needs your proactive energy to increase, expand and exist.”
Key items of the meeting agenda include the President's 100 day report, presentation of proposals from the Finance Commission, Sports Events Council, World League Council, World Grand Prix Council and Beach Volleyball World Tour Council.
- Ze Roberto to stay on as coach of Brazil women's team
- Walsh Jennings entering the “unknown”
- At 34, Isabelle Forrer wraps up a glittering career
- Change of guard for Venezuela's men's National Team after departure of Nacci
- “It’s been a long season”
- One month on, Rio in our hearts
- China confirm Olympic supremacy with Asian Cup title
- Men's Club World Championship takes on Olympic flavour as rosters are unveiled
- Looking back: China win Olympic gold
- Notable retirements at the SWATCH FIVB World Tour Finals
- Beach volleyball players explore Toronto
- Where do beach volleyball players keep their Olympic medals?
- Olympic champions seeking SWATCH Finals validation
- “Johnny Hyden, young and getting younger.”
- Germans not thinking about the money
- High Stakes on Polson Pier Saturday
- How Aleksandrs “The Lion King” Samoilovs earned his nickname
- Former heavyweight champion Lennox Lewis watches beach volleyball match
- Epic women's SWATCH semifinals set
- Brazil, Canada, Latvia and Poland post final men's SWATCH pool wins
- Women’s elimination matches highlight Friday’s SWATCH Finals schedule
- Beach volleyball venue earning rave reviews in Toronto
- German gals add drama to their talent
- Polish Pride on Polson Pier
- Busy Beach Volleyball schedule for Polson Pier Thursday
- Hyden's clock still ticking in Toronto
- Brazilians, Canadians & Swiss post opening women’s SWATCH Finals wins
- 2017 World Grand Prix draw completed - Olympic champions China to play silver medallists Serbia in Week 3
- Increase in teams and record prize money headlines World Grand Prix Council meeting
- Referee preparation programme praised
- FIVB Volleyball House wins award for best hospitality house of Olympic Games in Legacy category
- Beach Volleyball vibes in Canada
- Olympic final rematch confirmed as 2017 World League draw completed
- Quality and consistency key to success of a global World League
- SWATCH birthday present awaits Bansley?
- Rio 2016 stars to descend on Manila for Club World Champs
- Toronto becomes the “Capital of Beach Volleyball”
- As the Mikasa Turns - Bansley & Pavan "split" conversation
- Argentina win U23 Men’s Pan American Cup
- TALKIN’ STATS: Swatch FIVB World Tour Finals Preview
- Toronto's Tuesday Trial - Pavan’s pristine picture?
- Smashed, tied, revised or still standing: The Records of Rio 2016
- Pools and schedule outlined for Men's Club World Champs
- Trentino, UPCN and Bolivar join top teams at Men’s Club World Champs
- Lupo and Nicolai staying grounded despite Rio silver
- Schedule set as World Tour Finals countdown enters final week
- A month after opening, Brazil still bask in Rio 2016 gold glory
- Relive Egypt's Olympic beach volleyball debut
- One month after first serve, memories of Rio still stay strong
- Reminiscing Rio and the delights of Copacabana