CAVB Level I coaching course in Sierra Leone
Freetown, Sierra Leone, December 8, 2012 – A five-day Level I coaching course of the African Volleyball Confederation (CAVB), organised by the Sierra Leone Volleyball Association, ended at the National Stadium Hostel in Freetown on November 30.
There were thirty-six participants in the course, which had theoretical and practical components|
The liaison officer, Benson Bawoh, said he was pleased with the way the course was run and with the level of interactivity among participants and lecturers during the course.
Course instructor Mostafa Ahchouche from Morocco - who has vast experience in the game - was impressed with the participants' performances during the course. He appealed to them to take what they have learned seriously and msake sure to use it.
The President of the association, Christopher John, said that the association was very happy with the course. He went further, appealing to the coaches to pass the knowledge they gained to the players, who are the future of the sport in this nation.
The Minister of Youth, Employment and Sports, Paul Kamara, praised the volleyball association for the great strides it has made over the past months to develop the sport in the country.
Ahmed Khanou, who chaired the ceremony said, “We need to have more qualified
coaches to train more volleyball players, who will represent the country in future international competitions. That is why this coaching course is good.” He also appealed to participants to use what they have learned to develop the sport of volleyball.
Participants received certificates and volleyballs to take back to their various regions and clubs.
- Ze Roberto to stay on as coach of Brazil women's team
- Walsh Jennings entering the “unknown”
- At 34, Isabelle Forrer wraps up a glittering career
- Change of guard for Venezuela's men's National Team after departure of Nacci
- “It’s been a long season”
- One month on, Rio in our hearts
- China confirm Olympic supremacy with Asian Cup title
- Men's Club World Championship takes on Olympic flavour as rosters are unveiled
- Looking back: China win Olympic gold
- Notable retirements at the SWATCH FIVB World Tour Finals
- Beach volleyball players explore Toronto
- Where do beach volleyball players keep their Olympic medals?
- Olympic champions seeking SWATCH Finals validation
- “Johnny Hyden, young and getting younger.”
- Germans not thinking about the money
- High Stakes on Polson Pier Saturday
- How Aleksandrs “The Lion King” Samoilovs earned his nickname
- Former heavyweight champion Lennox Lewis watches beach volleyball match
- Epic women's SWATCH semifinals set
- Brazil, Canada, Latvia and Poland post final men's SWATCH pool wins
- Women’s elimination matches highlight Friday’s SWATCH Finals schedule
- Beach volleyball venue earning rave reviews in Toronto
- German gals add drama to their talent
- Polish Pride on Polson Pier
- Busy Beach Volleyball schedule for Polson Pier Thursday
- Hyden's clock still ticking in Toronto
- Brazilians, Canadians & Swiss post opening women’s SWATCH Finals wins
- 2017 World Grand Prix draw completed - Olympic champions China to play silver medallists Serbia in Week 3
- Increase in teams and record prize money headlines World Grand Prix Council meeting
- Referee preparation programme praised
- FIVB Volleyball House wins award for best hospitality house of Olympic Games in Legacy category
- Beach Volleyball vibes in Canada
- Olympic final rematch confirmed as 2017 World League draw completed
- Quality and consistency key to success of a global World League
- SWATCH birthday present awaits Bansley?
- Rio 2016 stars to descend on Manila for Club World Champs
- Toronto becomes the “Capital of Beach Volleyball”
- As the Mikasa Turns - Bansley & Pavan "split" conversation
- Argentina win U23 Men’s Pan American Cup
- TALKIN’ STATS: Swatch FIVB World Tour Finals Preview
- Toronto's Tuesday Trial - Pavan’s pristine picture?
- Smashed, tied, revised or still standing: The Records of Rio 2016
- Pools and schedule outlined for Men's Club World Champs
- Trentino, UPCN and Bolivar join top teams at Men’s Club World Champs
- Lupo and Nicolai staying grounded despite Rio silver
- Schedule set as World Tour Finals countdown enters final week
- A month after opening, Brazil still bask in Rio 2016 gold glory
- Relive Egypt's Olympic beach volleyball debut
- One month after first serve, memories of Rio still stay strong
- Reminiscing Rio and the delights of Copacabana