NORCECA Beach Circuit will have 17 stops in 2013
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic, December 8, 2012 – The NORCECA Beach Volleyball Commission decided to increase the 2013 NORCECA Beach Volleyball Circuit to a total of 17 stops, including seven in Mexico, during the second day of meetings at the organisation’s headquarters in Santo Domingo on Saturday.
Members of NORCECA's Beach Volleyball Commission at their meeting in Santo Domingo. |
The season will start in the Cayman Islands (March 20-25), continuing in the Dominican Republic (March 21-April 1) and then Guatemala (April 17-22). The circuit will then move to Mexico for stops in the cities of Tampico (May 1-6), Chiapas (May 8-13), Morelia (May 15-20), Toluca (June 5-10) and Acapulco (June 12-17).
Puerto Rico will host the next stop (August 14-19), then Cuba (August 21-26) and San Diego, USA (September 25-30), before the circuit turns back to Mexico for tournaments in Mazatlan (October 2-7) and Colima (October 9-14).
The season will conclude with events in Saint Lucia (October 23-28), Costa Rica (October 30-November 4), Trinidad & Tobago (November 13-18) and Aruba (November 27-December 2).
The commission voted on a proposal to increase the prize money for the events to $16,000 for the double-gender tournaments, as was the case for the last tournament of 2012 held in Aruba.
During the meeting, members of the commission received reports from the different regional zones – CAZOVA, ECVA and AFECAVOL – as well as a general report from Arnaldo Sanchez, president of the commission. It covered the eleven competitions of 2012 and also the events of the Continental Cup, prior to the Olympic Games, which were held in the Cayman Islands, Costa Rica, Nicaragua and Mexico.
NORCECA’s president, Cristobal Marte Hoffiz, presented the first-round tentative calendar for the Continental Cup leading to the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro, which will start next year if approved by the FIVB.
Hoffiz also confirmed NORCECA’s commitment to organise qualification tournaments for the FIVB Youth, Junior and Under-23 Beach Volleyball World Championships, and also qualifiers for the 2014 Youth Olympic Games in Nanjing, China.
The double-gender Youth and U-23 qualification tournaments will be held in Puerto Rico, while the double-gender Junior tournament will take place in Costa Rica. All these events will take place in March.
The following proposals were also submitted for approval by the NORCECA Board of Administration and Executive Committee:
- Three open tournaments to be held in NORCECA countries, with financial assistance from the FIVB and at sites to be decided by January 12, 2013.
- The number of referees for the events will be increased to nine, including three neutrals.
- The minimum number of courts for an event to receive authorisation for an official competition will be three.
- The arrival date for the referee supervisor and the technical director for events taking place on weekends will be the preceding Tuesday.
- To adopt the pool-play format with a consolation round in order to guarantee the participating teams at least four matches per tournament.
- Prize money for top-ranked National Federations at the end of the year will be increased from $5,000 to $10,000 per gender.
- The Regional Development Centre in Dominican Republic to organise international courses for coaches and referees in 2013.
- 16 clubs compete for African queen's title
- Tianjin, Taipei enjoy second win in Asian Women’s Club Volleyball Championship
- Top players on form for clubs ahead of World League
- Tsvetan Sokolov dreams of becoming Bulgaria's champion with Marek one day
- Venezuelans back in tandem for Fuzhou Open
- Favourites have field day at Asia Volleyball Women’s Club Championship
- Makowski announces Polish 22 player roster for the year ahead
- Thailand and Iraq claim gold at latest Asian Beach Volleyball Tour event
- VolleyWorld reflects on a truly Italian affair with the Women’s World Championship Drawing of Lots
- England looks forward to hosting CEV Continental Cup tournament
- "ThrowbackThursday" recognizes anniversary of FIVB Constitutional Congress
- Poland announces men’s national team roster for 2014 season
- Wallace boosts Sada Cruzeiro ahead of Club World Championship
- FIVB Volleyball Men’s Club World Championship wild cards go to Trentino and Al-Rayyan
- Kids Beach Festival praised as fantastic experience
- Matin Varamin claim Asian Club Championship title, ticket to FIVB Men's Club Championship
- Baic Motor claim third spot with win over Kondensat-Zhaikmunay at Asian Men’s Club Championhip
- Beach Volleyball Seminar sets scene for season ahead
- Chinese Taipei finish fifth, host place seventh at Asian Men’s Club Championship
- Sierra Leone men and Rwanda women top podium of African qualifiers for Youth Olympic Games
- Al-Rayyan, Matin Varamin in finals of Asian Club Championship for ticket to FIVB Men's Club Championship
- Alison and Bruno continue impressive form
- FIVB World Tour champs hitting top form
- Sada Cruzeiro take Superliga title on their way to Club World Championship in May
- Serbian Beach Volleyball duo to celebrate FIVB Grand Slam debut in Shanghai
- Chinese Taipei, Iraq's South Gas Club Sports to fight for fifth place of Asian Men’s Club Champs
- Organisers of Moscow Grand Slam unveil plans for a memorable 2014 edition
- Kovac looking forward to getting to grips with Iranian national team
- Kondensat-Zhaikmunay, Matin Varamin, Al-Rayyan, Baic Motor cruise to semis of Asian club championship
- Argentina and Chile take gold in Tucuman stop of South American Beach Tour
- Zurich glory for Swiss and German duos
- Match times announced for FIVB Volleyball Men’s World Championship first round
- CEV President signs agreement with Danish Federation to establish Europe’s fifth Regional Volleyball Development Centre
- Field takes shape as more teams book ticket to Youth Olympic Games
- Watch skilled young athletes and training videos on FIVB Development YouTube
- Puerto Rican and American boys ticketed to Nanjing
- Puerto Rican and Canadian girls grab spots to Nanjing
- Top New Zealand pair out to boost beach volleyball’s profile before taking on world
- Volero Zurich leads national teams, as preparations begin for FIVB Women's Club Championship
- American duo breezes past opponents in day one in Carolina
- Canadian twins steal the show in Carolina
- South Gas Club Sports, Matin Varamin, Al-Rayyan, Baic Motor top their pools in Asian Club preliminary round
- Aussie pair takes important first step before FIVB World Tour
- Qatar, Vanuatu share honours at Khanom Asian Beach Volleyball Tour
- Al-Rayyan on course to a clean sweep in the preliminaries
- Iraq, Iran, Lebanon, Qatar, China clubs remain unbeaten after Day 3 of Asian Men's Club Volleyball Championship
- FIVB stars on show as Swiss Tour gets underway
- Lases Cup comes to another successful end in Latvia
- Iran's Matin Varamin overcome Oita Miyoshi Weisse Adler at Asian Men’s Club Championship
- President completes important SportAccord visit