NORCECA Beach Circuit will have 17 stops in 2013
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic, December 8, 2012 – The NORCECA Beach Volleyball Commission decided to increase the 2013 NORCECA Beach Volleyball Circuit to a total of 17 stops, including seven in Mexico, during the second day of meetings at the organisation’s headquarters in Santo Domingo on Saturday.
Members of NORCECA's Beach Volleyball Commission at their meeting in Santo Domingo. |
The season will start in the Cayman Islands (March 20-25), continuing in the Dominican Republic (March 21-April 1) and then Guatemala (April 17-22). The circuit will then move to Mexico for stops in the cities of Tampico (May 1-6), Chiapas (May 8-13), Morelia (May 15-20), Toluca (June 5-10) and Acapulco (June 12-17).
Puerto Rico will host the next stop (August 14-19), then Cuba (August 21-26) and San Diego, USA (September 25-30), before the circuit turns back to Mexico for tournaments in Mazatlan (October 2-7) and Colima (October 9-14).
The season will conclude with events in Saint Lucia (October 23-28), Costa Rica (October 30-November 4), Trinidad & Tobago (November 13-18) and Aruba (November 27-December 2).
The commission voted on a proposal to increase the prize money for the events to $16,000 for the double-gender tournaments, as was the case for the last tournament of 2012 held in Aruba.
During the meeting, members of the commission received reports from the different regional zones – CAZOVA, ECVA and AFECAVOL – as well as a general report from Arnaldo Sanchez, president of the commission. It covered the eleven competitions of 2012 and also the events of the Continental Cup, prior to the Olympic Games, which were held in the Cayman Islands, Costa Rica, Nicaragua and Mexico.
NORCECA’s president, Cristobal Marte Hoffiz, presented the first-round tentative calendar for the Continental Cup leading to the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro, which will start next year if approved by the FIVB.
Hoffiz also confirmed NORCECA’s commitment to organise qualification tournaments for the FIVB Youth, Junior and Under-23 Beach Volleyball World Championships, and also qualifiers for the 2014 Youth Olympic Games in Nanjing, China.
The double-gender Youth and U-23 qualification tournaments will be held in Puerto Rico, while the double-gender Junior tournament will take place in Costa Rica. All these events will take place in March.
The following proposals were also submitted for approval by the NORCECA Board of Administration and Executive Committee:
- Three open tournaments to be held in NORCECA countries, with financial assistance from the FIVB and at sites to be decided by January 12, 2013.
- The number of referees for the events will be increased to nine, including three neutrals.
- The minimum number of courts for an event to receive authorisation for an official competition will be three.
- The arrival date for the referee supervisor and the technical director for events taking place on weekends will be the preceding Tuesday.
- To adopt the pool-play format with a consolation round in order to guarantee the participating teams at least four matches per tournament.
- Prize money for top-ranked National Federations at the end of the year will be increased from $5,000 to $10,000 per gender.
- The Regional Development Centre in Dominican Republic to organise international courses for coaches and referees in 2013.
- Russia and the Netherlands to clash for European crown
- Beach Volleyball Impressions - 1981 from southern California to now in south Florida
- USA win third consecutive NORCECA title
- Brazil, Germany and USA pairs net Swatch FIVB World Tour Finals bracket berths
- USA face Dominican Republic in NORCECA Women’s Championship final
- Women’s EuroVolley semis are set; Russia play Serbia, Oranjes take on Turkey
- Brazilian world champions featured Wednesday
- Lost in America
- Italy, Poland, Belgium and Germany complete line-up for women’s EuroVolley quarterfinals
- “Wild Card” Tuesday at SWATCH FIVB World Tour Finals
- 2017 Beach Volleyball World Championships bidding process extended
- SWATCH FIVB World Tour Finals - Revised Side Court Schedule
- A mum who sides out
- Congress preparations in full swing as President Graça visits FeVA
- Netherlands, Russia, Serbia and Turkey progress to women's EuroVolley quarterfinals
- $500,000 Swatch FIVB Beach Volleyball World Tour Finals
this week in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA
- Brazilian city of Maceio host South American tournament calendar highlight
- Puerto Rican Aury Cruz ties own scoring record
- Russia lead men’s U21 rankings
- Dominican Republic top women’s U20 rankings
- Japan host successful outreach programme
- 2015 FIVB Beach Volleyball World Tour season update after FIVB Xiamen Open
- Eight teams vie for South American Championship crown
- First FIVB World Tour gold for Switzerland's Heidrich/Zumkehr at Xiamen Open
- Milestone Saturday for Lucena & Dalhausser
- Zumkehr/Heidrich upset top seeds Wang/Yue to enter Xiamen Open semifinal
- Milestone gold medal for USA’s Lucena/Dalhausser in Xiamen Open
- Brazilian men stay top of FIVB World Ranking
- Swatch FIVB World Tour Finals Participants Dalhausser & Lucena advance in China
- Latvia's Plavins/Regza storm to first FIVB World Tour semifinals at Xiamen Open
- Top seeds Yue/Wang unbeaten in pool play at Xiamen Open
- Swatch FIVB World Tour Finals participants beat the heat & humidity, stayin’ alive
- Nine berths still up for grabs as USA and Italy qualify for Rio
- Top seeds Wang/Yue off to good start in Main Draw at Xiamen Open
- President Graça praises outstanding World Cup
- Samoilovs/Smedins, Lucena/ Dalhausser reach last 16 at Xiamen Open
- As It Happened - FIVB Volleyball Men's World Cup Japan 2015 - Final Day
- USA’s Anderson heads Men’s World Cup Dream Team
- USA wrap up historic World Cup as Italy join them on road to Rio
- Russia crowns outstanding year with Men's U21 victory
- Dominican Republic celebrates historic success
- Top seeds Samoilovs/Smedins lead pool in Xiamen Open Main Draw
- Germany's Mersmann/Schneider lead eight teams into women's Main Draw at Xiamen Open
- As It Happened - FIVB Volleyball Men's World Cup Japan 2015 - Day 10
- President Graça meets Peruvian congresswoman Chihuan
- Three teams to battle for Rio 2016 berth on final day of World Cup
- USA's Crabb brothers reach 2015 Xiamen Open Main Draw in first major tournament
- Day & Kessy jet-setting around the world - SoCal to China to FLA to SoCal
- As It Happened - FIVB Volleyball Men's World Cup Japan 2015 - Day 9
- Poland prevail to take control on first day of final round