Klagenfurt to host 2013 Beach Volleyball European Championships
Luxembourg, Luxembourg, November 2, 2012 - After the memorable edition celebrated this past June in The Hague, the European Volleyball Confederation has chosen the city of Klagenfurt as the venue of the 2013 CEV Beach Volleyball European Championships Final that will run from July 29 through to August 4, 2013.
The centre court is always filled up to full capacity whenever the beach volleyball elite square off in Klagenfurt |
Klagenfurt is internationally known as a real beach volleyball “Mecca” having hosted major international events for the past 16 years, with the last editions of the FIVB Grand Slam having been visited – on average – by some 130,000 people.
This time Klagenfurt will play host to the real highlight of the European summer season with 32 duos per gender that will be fighting for the medals as well as for the always appealing prize money at stake. The local promoter ACTS guided by its chairman Hannes Jagerhofer will quite evidently do its utmost to deliver a world-class show similarly to what was regularly done for the previous editions of a tournament that has regularly attracted the attention of media and fans from all over the world.
“It is evidently a real honor for the CEV to be able to organize the next Beach Volleyball European Championships in Klagenfurt,” CEV President André Meyer said proudly. “The unique atmosphere and the incredible audience that every year comes together there in Klagenfurt to follow the competition are known worldwide. After the very successful European Championships we celebrated this past summer in The Hague, I am absolutely convinced that via the first-class work delivered by the local organizers Klagenfurt will provide us with a memorable competition. I already look forward to the days where Europe’s beach volleyball elite will be battling for the medals in the splendid scenario of the Wörthersee”.
- Bidding process for 2017 World League Finals launched
- Ricardo and Andre win Brazil Tour opener
- World Championship beckons for Dominican Republic, Argentina and Cuba after U23 Pan Am Cup
- Talita/Larissa win gold at Brazil’s National Tour season opener
- Ahead of 2017 Grand Prix European squads excel in continental qualifiers
- Trentino 4th in Italian Supercup ahead of Club Worlds
- World League hopefuls all advance to European Championship finals
- China, Iran top preliminary-round pools in AVC Cup
- Ze Roberto to stay on as coach of Brazil women's team
- Walsh Jennings entering the “unknown”
- At 34, Isabelle Forrer wraps up a glittering career
- Change of guard for Venezuela's men's National Team after departure of Nacci
- “It’s been a long season”
- One month on, Rio in our hearts
- China confirm Olympic supremacy with Asian Cup title
- Men's Club World Championship takes on Olympic flavour as rosters are unveiled
- Looking back: China win Olympic gold
- Notable retirements at the SWATCH FIVB World Tour Finals
- Beach volleyball players explore Toronto
- Where do beach volleyball players keep their Olympic medals?
- Olympic champions seeking SWATCH Finals validation
- “Johnny Hyden, young and getting younger.”
- Germans not thinking about the money
- High Stakes on Polson Pier Saturday
- How Aleksandrs “The Lion King” Samoilovs earned his nickname
- Former heavyweight champion Lennox Lewis watches beach volleyball match
- Epic women's SWATCH semifinals set
- Brazil, Canada, Latvia and Poland post final men's SWATCH pool wins
- Women’s elimination matches highlight Friday’s SWATCH Finals schedule
- Beach volleyball venue earning rave reviews in Toronto
- German gals add drama to their talent
- Polish Pride on Polson Pier
- Busy Beach Volleyball schedule for Polson Pier Thursday
- Hyden's clock still ticking in Toronto
- Brazilians, Canadians & Swiss post opening women’s SWATCH Finals wins
- 2017 World Grand Prix draw completed - Olympic champions China to play silver medallists Serbia in Week 3
- Increase in teams and record prize money headlines World Grand Prix Council meeting
- Referee preparation programme praised
- FIVB Volleyball House wins award for best hospitality house of Olympic Games in Legacy category
- Beach Volleyball vibes in Canada
- Olympic final rematch confirmed as 2017 World League draw completed
- Quality and consistency key to success of a global World League
- SWATCH birthday present awaits Bansley?
- Rio 2016 stars to descend on Manila for Club World Champs
- Toronto becomes the “Capital of Beach Volleyball”
- As the Mikasa Turns - Bansley & Pavan "split" conversation
- Argentina win U23 Men’s Pan American Cup
- TALKIN’ STATS: Swatch FIVB World Tour Finals Preview
- Toronto's Tuesday Trial - Pavan’s pristine picture?
- Smashed, tied, revised or still standing: The Records of Rio 2016