Tanzania holds course for secondary school teachers in Mwanza
Mwanza, Tanzania, October 25, 2012 – The Tanzania Volleyball Association (TAVA) organised a volleyball course in the Mwanza region specially tailored to training secondary school sports teachers.
This is the sixth in a series of courses for teachers, which TAVA expects will reach a total of 600 participants|
About 25 teachers participated in the course.
The National Coaches Programme for Secondary School Sports Teachers, run with sponsorship from the FIVB, aims to reach a total of 600 teachers nationwide. To that end, TAVA has run courses in Manyara Arusha, Tanga, Zanzibar, Dodoma and Morogoro, as well as Mwanza.
According to TAVA president Israel Agapa, the programme was endorsed through an FIVB development plan with the expectation that, by passing the volleyball knowledge and skills learned in the course to 20 youths each, the 600 secondary school teachers will end up reaching more than 10,000 youths.
The local course instructor, Fred Selengia, is also TAVA chairman for Regional Development and Planning.
Preparations for next month’s Mwalimu Nyerere Memorial Volleyball Cup are also already in full swing. The tournament will be held in Moshi Hindu Mandal Volleyball Court, and the event is expected to excite volleyball fans across Tanzania and in nearby countries. Foreign teams that have confirmed participation include Kenya Prisons, Migudini Ladies, Mombasa Refinery and Cup holders Jacaranda.
- FIVB Women's World Championship - Day 10 - LIVE
- Leaders maintain edge after second round opens
- USA continue their winning streak to stay on full points at 2014 Women’s World Champs
- FIVB Women's World Championship - Day 9 - As It Happened
- Talking Stats: 2014 FIVB Beach Volleyball World Tour - Oct 1
- Second round has arrived with promises of more exciting matches
- Video challenge eyes the court in second and final round
- FIVB Women's World Championship - Day 8 - As It Happened
- Introducing Round 2: Russia, USA, Turkey and Bulgaria seek a pass to the Final Six
- Coaches in Trieste expect a close affair
- 2014 FIVB Beach Volleyball World Tour update after 14 events
- FIVB Women's World Championship - Day 7 - As It Happened
- Vargas has memory to cherish
- Sheilla: In the heart of Italian fans
- Asian Games favourites show determination in men's tournament
- First round concludes with thrilling matches across Italy
- Ma-Xia win beach volleyball gold at Asian Games
- First FIVB World Tour medal bittersweet for Italy's Menegatti/Orsi Toth
- Call brings old Brazilian friends back together on the beach
- Turkey, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Belgium claim last second round tickets
- President Medina visits Dominican compatriots in Italy
- FIVB Women's World Championship - Day 6 - As It Happened
- Brazil holds off Italy to win women’s gold at FIVB São Paulo Grand Slam
- Netherlands stops Brazil for men’s gold medal at FIVB São Paulo Grand Slam
- China’s Ma-Xia to face Thailand’s Udomchavee-Radarong in the final of Asian Games beach volleyball tournament
- Final four spots into Women's World Championship 2nd Round to be settled Sunday
- Korea, Japan, Iran, China men top pools in Asian Games
- Varenhorst calls in the Experience to FIVB Sao Paulo Grand Slam
- Beach growing in the land of Volleyball
- Korea, China, Thailand, Japan advance to Asian Games semis
- Fourth day capped by exciting action, big crowds
- Brazil, Netherlands to tangle for men’s gold Sunday at FIVB São Paulo Grand Slam
- China keep a clean sheet; four second round spots still open
- Brazil to meet Italy for women’s gold at FIVB São Paulo Grand Slam
- FIVB Women's World Championship - Day 5 - As It Happened
- Last-minute invite leads Popp to fifth place at FIVB Sao Paulo Grand Slam
- Four China teams make Asian Games beach volleyball semis
- Teams scramble for open spots into the second round
- Men’s final four set for Saturday’s semifinals at FIVB São Paulo Grand Slam
- Women’s final four set for Saturday’s semis at FIVB São Paulo Grand Slam
- Slow end doesn't dull Czech Republic's Slukova/Kolocova breakthrough year
- FIVB Women's World Championship - Day 4 - As It Happened
- “Catherine the Great” sets sights on title hat-trick
- Twenty-four men’s duos advance from pool play Thursday at FIVB São Paulo Grand Slam
- Down to seven undefeated teams in Italy
- Canada's Binstock/Schachter earn memorable triple in São Paulo
- Women’s field reduced to 24 teams at FIVB São Paulo Grand Slam
- Seven teams claim second round tickets at FIVB Women’s World Championship
- FIVB Women's World Championship - Day 3 - As it Happened
- Were you at the final?