Volley All Festival brings two days of fun to Chapadmalal
Chapadmalal, Argentina, October 23, 2012 – October 12 was the first day of a Volley All Minivolley Festival in Chapadmalal. Nearly 150 children from Mendoza, Jujuy and Balcarce started the event, and were joined on Saturday by another group from Buenos Aires.
In all, over 500 youngsters took part in the festivities|
A video recap showing what happened can be viewed here.
The event was jointly organised by the FeVA and Regional Volleyball Development Centre. Out in the sun of Chapadmalal, the kids enjoyed recreational games and then played 2 v 2, 3 v 3 and 4 v 4 matches before finishing with a 6 v 6 minivolley tournament for the more advanced. There was no shortage of music, entertainment and even a FeVA mascot to add colour to the experience.
The delegation from Mendoza, representing four municipalities, consisted of more than one hundred children. The Spanish Society of Jujuy was represented by a group of girls. Balcarce was the other delegation participating in the first day of Minivolley – they also arrived in large numbers.
The arrival of the Buenos Aires group brought the total participants up to more than 500 kids.
Among the dignitaries present was Gabriel Salvia, director of development, and director of the event Diego Ramirez. They lauded the tireless work of FeVA staff and thanked representatives of Mar del Plata for their contributrions.
- Ahead of 2017 Grand Prix European squads excel in continental qualifiers
- Trentino 4th in Italian Supercup ahead of Club Worlds
- World League hopefuls all advance to European Championship finals
- China, Iran top preliminary-round pools in AVC Cup
- Ze Roberto to stay on as coach of Brazil women's team
- Walsh Jennings entering the “unknown”
- At 34, Isabelle Forrer wraps up a glittering career
- Change of guard for Venezuela's men's National Team after departure of Nacci
- “It’s been a long season”
- One month on, Rio in our hearts
- China confirm Olympic supremacy with Asian Cup title
- Men's Club World Championship takes on Olympic flavour as rosters are unveiled
- Looking back: China win Olympic gold
- Notable retirements at the SWATCH FIVB World Tour Finals
- Beach volleyball players explore Toronto
- Where do beach volleyball players keep their Olympic medals?
- Olympic champions seeking SWATCH Finals validation
- “Johnny Hyden, young and getting younger.”
- Germans not thinking about the money
- High Stakes on Polson Pier Saturday
- How Aleksandrs “The Lion King” Samoilovs earned his nickname
- Former heavyweight champion Lennox Lewis watches beach volleyball match
- Epic women's SWATCH semifinals set
- Brazil, Canada, Latvia and Poland post final men's SWATCH pool wins
- Women’s elimination matches highlight Friday’s SWATCH Finals schedule
- Beach volleyball venue earning rave reviews in Toronto
- German gals add drama to their talent
- Polish Pride on Polson Pier
- Busy Beach Volleyball schedule for Polson Pier Thursday
- Hyden's clock still ticking in Toronto
- Brazilians, Canadians & Swiss post opening women’s SWATCH Finals wins
- 2017 World Grand Prix draw completed - Olympic champions China to play silver medallists Serbia in Week 3
- Increase in teams and record prize money headlines World Grand Prix Council meeting
- Referee preparation programme praised
- FIVB Volleyball House wins award for best hospitality house of Olympic Games in Legacy category
- Beach Volleyball vibes in Canada
- Olympic final rematch confirmed as 2017 World League draw completed
- Quality and consistency key to success of a global World League
- SWATCH birthday present awaits Bansley?
- Rio 2016 stars to descend on Manila for Club World Champs
- Toronto becomes the “Capital of Beach Volleyball”
- As the Mikasa Turns - Bansley & Pavan "split" conversation
- Argentina win U23 Men’s Pan American Cup
- TALKIN’ STATS: Swatch FIVB World Tour Finals Preview
- Toronto's Tuesday Trial - Pavan’s pristine picture?
- Smashed, tied, revised or still standing: The Records of Rio 2016
- Pools and schedule outlined for Men's Club World Champs
- Trentino, UPCN and Bolivar join top teams at Men’s Club World Champs
- Lupo and Nicolai staying grounded despite Rio silver
- Schedule set as World Tour Finals countdown enters final week