Claudia Galindo interrupts beach volleyball tour to collect university degree
Bogota, Colombia, October 12, 2012 – Colombian Beach Volleyball player Claudia Patricia Galindo took some
time between the Paf Open in Aland, Finland and her next stop at the
Bangsaen Thailand Open Powered by PPT to achieve one more of her life’s
goals. The outstanding player from Cundinamarca Province completed her
degree in biology at the Universidad Pedagogica Nacional after returning
to the country from Europe, where she had been dividing her time
between playing and her ongoing studies.
Claudia Galindo and her sister, Andrea, represented Colombia in Stare Jablonki and Aland|
Galindo and her sister, Andrea, are playing just their fourth SWATCH World Tour event in Bangsaen, the last tournament on the 2012 calendar, but they are one of the South American tour’s most outstanding pairs. They represented their country last month at the Stare Jablonki Grand Slam in Poland and the Paf Open in Aland, Finland, and are ranked 89th on the SWATCH World Tour.
“We had the chance to gain experience with different pairs from different countries in both tournaments, and between playing and training we participated in 11 international top-level matches. We could compete, train and play with teams from Spain, the Netherlands, Latvia, Lituania, Greece, Canada, Brazil, Switzerland, Slovenia, Poland, Germany, and many others,” said Galindo after returning to Colombia.
“We want to thank everyone for supporting us and we hope to keep representing Colombia in South America and around the World,” said Galindo.
Obtaining a university degree has been one of this athlete most cherished dreams. Galindo received special congratulations from the president of the Colombian Volleyball Federation, Taylor Lozada, for this important achievement.
“It is a great achievement that makes us feel proud – not just for hers but for the whole federation,” said Lozada, wishing Galindo success in everything she chooses to do. “It is very important that our ahtletes to also think about their careers and their personal development outside volleyball.”
- Kantor and Losiak use home comforts to continue rapid development
- LIVE - FIVB Volleyball Women's World Cup Japan 2015 - Day 5
- Walsh keeping Olympic dream alive in Olsztyn
- Russia top World Cup first round rankings
- Nine clubs to compete for Asian title
- Cheeky Swiss pair upsets Pedro & Evandro
- Russia, Cuba, Italy and Turkey secure top 8 spots at Men's U23
- Canadians hit stride early in Olsztyn
- Austrians and Aussies progress in Olsztyn
- Van Gestel and van der Vlist hit form after injury break
- Top favourites succeed in Day 4 of World Cup
- President Graça commends Fuji TV’s excellent World Cup coverage
- As It Happened - FIVB Volleyball Women's World Cup Japan 2015 - Day 4
- Bawden and Clancy dare to dream of Copacabana Beach
- Poland celebrates first U19 World Championship title
- Finding a foothold
- Russia win clash of Titans at Men's U23 World Championship
- President Graça welcomes new JVA management to volleyball family
- Lima and Fernanda survive qualification to reach Olsztyn main draw
- New partner, new options for Marketa Slukova
- SoCal sojourn inspires Squeo
- Rankings, rankings and rankings
- Brazil’s next big thing!
- As It Happened - FIVB Volleyball Women's World Cup Japan 2015 - Day 3
- Favourites start victorious at Men's U23 World Championship
- VOTE: Will Russia get their reward?
- Russia stand as lone unbeaten team on Day 3 of World Cup
- Follow the Men's U23 World Championship in the United Arab Emirates
- World champs lead the way in Olsztyn
- FIVB World Tour heading to Poland for FIVB Olsztyn Grand Slam
- 2015 FIVB Beach Volleyball World Tour update following FIVB Long Beach Grand Slam in SoCal, USA
- Keeping it simple for world champions!
- Alison & Bruno continue winning ways on FIVB World Tour
- As It Happened - FIVB Volleyball Women's World Cup Japan 2015 - Day 2
- Talita & Larissa SoCal Golden Girls
- Coaches name Brazil, Russia and Italy as Men's U23 favourites
- China and Russia score back-to-back wins on Day 2 of World Cup
- Austrians' magical sand
- As It Happened - FIVB Volleyball Women's World Cup Japan 2015 - Day 1
- Russia, Cuba, USA, China, Peru and Japan seal victories in World Cup opener
- Taichung Bank capture maiden Asian Men’s Club title
- The future is bright for Women's U23 champions Brazil
- Teams in Tokyo all set for World Cup opening day
- VOTE: Top of the class?
- Rising star Souza takes Brazil forward
- Walking in illustrious footsteps
- Taichung Bank and Al Arabi ready for Asian Men’s Club Championship final
- Moim expects Kenya to surprise
- Defending ASICS World Series of Beach Volleyball champions net pool title
- The telephone call!