FIVB media, press and technical commissions highlight success of past two years
Anaheim, USA, September 21, 2012 – The presidents of the TV and new media, press, and technical commissions all presented reports to the World Congress in Anaheim, USA showing the remarkable contributions these media have made to the sport.
Professor Hiroshi Toyoda made his last presentation to the FIVB Congress after many years serving the FIVB|
The reports focused on developments over the period from 2010 to 2012.
TV and new media commission president Peter Diamond talked about the extraordinary TV success that was the London Olympic Games. Volleyball was one of the most popular sports during that prestigious event. Diamond lauded the work done by OBS for the excellent coverage of the Games.
In order to keep encouraging further progress in the future, he said TV broadcasters will be evaluated for important improvements to future production and broadcasting matters relating to all FIVB properties.
Press commission president Hiroshi Takeuchi showed the tremendous growth and increased productivity of the FIVB Department work. He discussed key initiatives that have been introduced to better serve the sport.
“2011 saw the launch of the weekly online electronic newsletter to keep volleyball people regularly updated with FIVB news on a weekly basis,” Mr Takeuchi said.
He pointed out the importance of support coming from the confederation and national federation press officers, who must provide a regular supply of news to the FIVB website and regular publications.
Mr Takeuchi demonstrated the great progress made on the FIVB website, reflected in a significant increase in visitor traffic. Publications have also shown a lot of improvement through new-look designs aimed at increasing attraction to the sport. He enumerated the recommendations approved by the FIVB Board to further facilitate press operations.
Technical commission president Professor Hiroshi Toyoda described the work done to enhance the FIVB’s wide range of technical and teaching materials – both paper and electronic formats – that have achieved highly visible and tangible results. He highlighted improvements to teaching materials that have resulted in the publication of a new coaches’ manual now available in English, French and Spanish. He also discussed FIVB homologated Sports equipment and the growing number of capable manufacturers - especially for flooring.
- Iconic $800,000 FIVB Klagenfurt A1 Grand Slam starts in Austria
- “Jenny” Lang Ping: a legendary wanderer between worlds
- World Grand Prix Week 2: Big twelve begin title chase
- Puerto Rico: “Soto-Man” makes experience count
- Talking Stats: FIVB Beach Volleyball World Tour—July 29
- Medal winners return to Porto for the U19 World Championships
- Poland, Netherlands, Czech Republic, Bulgaria assume early pool leadership in World Grand Prix
- FIVB Beach Volleyball World Tour update after 11 events
- Elisa Togut looks ahead to Women's World Championship
- Social Timeline: Golden fun in the Long Beach sun
- Social Timeline: New format, same excitement as 2014 Grand Prix begins
- Historic success for Mexico
- USA’s Dalhausser & Rosenthal net third 2014 World Tour gold
- Ross/Walsh Jennings capture women’s gold on home sand
- Back-to-back Larnaka gold for Poland’s Bryl and Kujawiak
- Four European teams keep spotless win-records in World Grand Prix
- Brazil to battle USA Sunday for Long Beach women’s gold
- Men’s Long Beach final between Poland, USA
- U21 World Championships in Larnaka down to last eight
- Collin cites competition
- Kenya stand as sole debutant winner on World Grand Prix opener
- Two USA duos along with Germany, Poland win quarterfinals Friday in Long Beach
- Women’s elite eight ready for quarterfinals and semis in Long Beach
- Top teams thrive at U21 World Championships
- Lima is ready for the World Grand Prix
- Akers applies authentic accentuate
- Africa Queens land in Mexico for FIVB World Grand Prix
- Mexico to stage first weekend of FIVB World Grand Prix Pool Q matches
- 24 Men’s teams set for Long Beach single-elimination rounds
- Women’s field reduced to 24 for single-elimination rounds in Long Beach
- Main draw of the FIVB U21 World Championships on its way
- Beach Volleyball under the Big “T.O.P.”
- World Grand Prix statistical preview: Brazil eye back-to-back titles
- 2014 FIVB World Grand Prix Media Guide online
- Peru intensify workouts ahead of World Grand Prix
- Kazakhstan bring in experience for World Grand Prix opening weekend in Almaty
- Argentina prepare for first weekend of World Grand Prix
- Five teams make their debuts as record-breaking FIVB World Grand Prix gets underway
- World Grand Prix: Bigger and better than ever
- 1986: USA bring a halt to East European dominance
- World League's top four USA, Brazil, Italy and Iran contribute to Dream Team
- 13 Women’s duos win first two of three rounds of Pool Play Wednesday at Alamitos Beach
- Men complete first of three rounds of Pool Play at Long Beach
- Researcher reaps rewards
- Eight qualification winners and five lucky losers make it into U21 main draw
- FIVB President holds FIVB Volleyball Women’s World Championship talks with JVA and TBS
- “Best ever”: USA and the sport of volleyball are winners as the FIVB World League celebrates its 25th anniversary
- Italian Prime Minister attends FIVB World League Finals in Florence
- ASICS World Series of Beach Volleyball, a $1,000,000 FIVB Grand Slam in Long Beach
- Finding Stars on Alamitos Beach