FIVB media, press and technical commissions highlight success of past two years
Anaheim, USA, September 21, 2012 – The presidents of the TV and new media, press, and technical commissions all presented reports to the World Congress in Anaheim, USA showing the remarkable contributions these media have made to the sport.
Professor Hiroshi Toyoda made his last presentation to the FIVB Congress after many years serving the FIVB|
The reports focused on developments over the period from 2010 to 2012.
TV and new media commission president Peter Diamond talked about the extraordinary TV success that was the London Olympic Games. Volleyball was one of the most popular sports during that prestigious event. Diamond lauded the work done by OBS for the excellent coverage of the Games.
In order to keep encouraging further progress in the future, he said TV broadcasters will be evaluated for important improvements to future production and broadcasting matters relating to all FIVB properties.
Press commission president Hiroshi Takeuchi showed the tremendous growth and increased productivity of the FIVB Department work. He discussed key initiatives that have been introduced to better serve the sport.
“2011 saw the launch of the weekly online electronic newsletter to keep volleyball people regularly updated with FIVB news on a weekly basis,” Mr Takeuchi said.
He pointed out the importance of support coming from the confederation and national federation press officers, who must provide a regular supply of news to the FIVB website and regular publications.
Mr Takeuchi demonstrated the great progress made on the FIVB website, reflected in a significant increase in visitor traffic. Publications have also shown a lot of improvement through new-look designs aimed at increasing attraction to the sport. He enumerated the recommendations approved by the FIVB Board to further facilitate press operations.
Technical commission president Professor Hiroshi Toyoda described the work done to enhance the FIVB’s wide range of technical and teaching materials – both paper and electronic formats – that have achieved highly visible and tangible results. He highlighted improvements to teaching materials that have resulted in the publication of a new coaches’ manual now available in English, French and Spanish. He also discussed FIVB homologated Sports equipment and the growing number of capable manufacturers - especially for flooring.
- Eight teams earn men’s main draw spots at FIVB Puerto Vallarta Open
- The ABCs of Beach Volleyball - Agatha, Barbara and Consistency
- Challenges Create Court Confidence
- Brazilian women capture 19th gold in South American Championship
- The Fan Zone - SWATCH Beach Volleyball FIVB World Tour Finals - Day 6
- FIVB World Tour 2016 starts in Mexico with FIVB Puerto Vallarta Open
- 2015 FIVB Beach Volleyball World Tour update after Swatch FIVB World Tour Finals
- Brazilian Beach Clinic
- Brazil record 30th title win in South American Championship
- Talita & Larissa net gold medal & “richest” prize
- Russian claim back-to-back European titles to cement status as Europe's Volleyball Queens
- Evandro & Pedro rebound for bronze medal finish
- Track stars become Beach Volleyball fans
- FIVB President Graça launches '9 goals' strategic plan
- Russia and the Netherlands to clash for European crown
- Beach Volleyball Impressions - 1981 from southern California to now in south Florida
- USA win third consecutive NORCECA title
- The Fan Zone - Swatch Beach Volleyball FIVB World Tour Finals - Day 4
- Brazil, Germany and USA pairs net Swatch FIVB World Tour Finals bracket berths
- USA face Dominican Republic in NORCECA Women’s Championship final
- Women’s EuroVolley semis are set; Russia play Serbia, Oranjes take on Turkey
- Brazilian world champions featured Wednesday
- Lost in America
- Italy, Poland, Belgium and Germany complete line-up for women’s EuroVolley quarterfinals
- “Wild Card” Tuesday at SWATCH FIVB World Tour Finals
- 2017 Beach Volleyball World Championships bidding process extended
- SWATCH FIVB World Tour Finals - Revised Side Court Schedule
- A mum who sides out
- Congress preparations in full swing as President Graça visits FeVA
- Netherlands, Russia, Serbia and Turkey progress to women's EuroVolley quarterfinals
- $500,000 Swatch FIVB Beach Volleyball World Tour Finals
this week in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA
- Brazilian city of Maceio host South American tournament calendar highlight
- Puerto Rican Aury Cruz ties own scoring record
- Russia lead men’s U21 rankings
- Dominican Republic top women’s U20 rankings
- Japan host successful outreach programme
- 2015 FIVB Beach Volleyball World Tour season update after FIVB Xiamen Open
- Eight teams vie for South American Championship crown
- First FIVB World Tour gold for Switzerland's Heidrich/Zumkehr at Xiamen Open
- Milestone Saturday for Lucena & Dalhausser
- Zumkehr/Heidrich upset top seeds Wang/Yue to enter Xiamen Open semifinal
- Milestone gold medal for USA’s Lucena/Dalhausser in Xiamen Open
- Brazilian men stay top of FIVB World Ranking
- Swatch FIVB World Tour Finals Participants Dalhausser & Lucena advance in China
- Latvia's Plavins/Regza storm to first FIVB World Tour semifinals at Xiamen Open
- Top seeds Yue/Wang unbeaten in pool play at Xiamen Open
- Swatch FIVB World Tour Finals participants beat the heat & humidity, stayin’ alive
- Nine berths still up for grabs as USA and Italy qualify for Rio
- Top seeds Wang/Yue off to good start in Main Draw at Xiamen Open
- President Graça praises outstanding World Cup