FIVB media, press and technical commissions highlight success of past two years
Anaheim, USA, September 21, 2012 – The presidents of the TV and new media, press, and technical commissions all presented reports to the World Congress in Anaheim, USA showing the remarkable contributions these media have made to the sport.
Professor Hiroshi Toyoda made his last presentation to the FIVB Congress after many years serving the FIVB|
The reports focused on developments over the period from 2010 to 2012.
TV and new media commission president Peter Diamond talked about the extraordinary TV success that was the London Olympic Games. Volleyball was one of the most popular sports during that prestigious event. Diamond lauded the work done by OBS for the excellent coverage of the Games.
In order to keep encouraging further progress in the future, he said TV broadcasters will be evaluated for important improvements to future production and broadcasting matters relating to all FIVB properties.
Press commission president Hiroshi Takeuchi showed the tremendous growth and increased productivity of the FIVB Department work. He discussed key initiatives that have been introduced to better serve the sport.
“2011 saw the launch of the weekly online electronic newsletter to keep volleyball people regularly updated with FIVB news on a weekly basis,” Mr Takeuchi said.
He pointed out the importance of support coming from the confederation and national federation press officers, who must provide a regular supply of news to the FIVB website and regular publications.
Mr Takeuchi demonstrated the great progress made on the FIVB website, reflected in a significant increase in visitor traffic. Publications have also shown a lot of improvement through new-look designs aimed at increasing attraction to the sport. He enumerated the recommendations approved by the FIVB Board to further facilitate press operations.
Technical commission president Professor Hiroshi Toyoda described the work done to enhance the FIVB’s wide range of technical and teaching materials – both paper and electronic formats – that have achieved highly visible and tangible results. He highlighted improvements to teaching materials that have resulted in the publication of a new coaches’ manual now available in English, French and Spanish. He also discussed FIVB homologated Sports equipment and the growing number of capable manufacturers - especially for flooring.
- Agatha and Barbara top rankings after Netherlands heroics
- Brazil dominates podium in The Hague
- FIVB World Tour resumes in Switzerland at Swatch FIVB Gstaad Major
- Brazil, China and USA complete weekend sweep in Group 1
- 2015 FIVB Beach Volleyball World Tour season update following
FIVB Beach Volleyball World Championships the Netherlands 2015
- Australians get second win in Group 1, Finns and Argentines grab 3-1 wins in Group 2
- Egypt win World League Group 3 Finals to advance in Group 2 next year
- Brazilian World Champions Show Improvement
- FIVB President applauds the Netherlands as beach volleyball embarks on new era
- Silver medal finish boasts Fernanda & Lima’s FIVB World Tour rankings
- FIVB Volleyball World Grand Prix, Day 5: Brazil, China, USA all two-from-two in Group 1 to start 2015 tournament
- FIVB Volleyball World League Day 25 - USA secure top spot in Pool B, France finish Pool play with a perfect 12 wins
- Montenegro and Egypt to play for the gold in Group 3 Finals
- FIVB Beach Volleyball World Championships Day Nine - As It Happened
- USA’s Brunner/Lucena Trying to Capture Magic from Season’s Past
- World Grand Prix in full swing with start of Groups 1 and 2
- World League highlights three superb five-setters on Day 24
- FIVB Beach Volleyball World Championships 2015 Day Eight - As It Happened
- Brazilian Semifinal Victories Net Olympic Berth
- 50/50 chances for semifinal Holtwick/Semmler versus Lima/Fernanda
- Heartbreak for brave Bawden and Clancy at World Championships
- Australia competing to stay among volleyball's best
- World League Group 3 finalists have their say
- Smejkal: "Second place in pool D is our goal"
- Turkey hosts USA, Belgium, Italy in World Grand Prix
- Vercesi: "Securing a spot at the Finals remains our main objective"
- Getting Social: FIVB Beach Volleyball World Championships 2015 Day 7
- FIVB Beach Volleyball World Championships 2015 Day Seven - As It Happened
- Brazil captures both quarterfinals Thursday in amazing Apeldoorn
- Day 23 sees Brazil and France extend their lead after both record straight sets victories
- Lucena and Brunner lead semifinals charges as Amsterdam closes for business
- Peru, Colombia, Cuba and Kazakhstan prepare for Pool P encounters in Trujillo
- U20 Drawing of Lots ceremony held in Puerto Rico
- Antiga: "We are now playing for a ticket to the Finals in Rio"
- Alluring Apeldoorn anxiously awaits awesome aria of Quarterfinals tonight
- Australia take on Serbia and Turkey play USA, live on YouTube
- Juliana and Maria Antonelli win Brazilian battle to advance
- Poland and USA prepare for Pool B climax
- Sanderson ready for emotional homecoming
- Qataris move on to quarter-finals
- World Grand Prix Pool A coaches expect challenging weekend
- Americans, Dutch, Germans & Russian Post Elimination Wins
- FIVB Beach Volleyball World Championships Day Six - As It Happened
- Getting Social: FIVB Beach Volleyball World Championships 2015 Day 6
- Awesome Apeldoorn angst approaching Thursday’s Round of 16, quarterfinals
- Qataris upset the form book to advance in Amsterdam
- FIVB President congratulates Amsterdam on spectacular event
- World champs live stream opens
- Predictable Women Winners Wednesday
- Amiable Apeldoorn absolutely awesome area for elimination rounds