FIVB media, press and technical commissions highlight success of past two years
Anaheim, USA, September 21, 2012 – The presidents of the TV and new media, press, and technical commissions all presented reports to the World Congress in Anaheim, USA showing the remarkable contributions these media have made to the sport.
Professor Hiroshi Toyoda made his last presentation to the FIVB Congress after many years serving the FIVB|
The reports focused on developments over the period from 2010 to 2012.
TV and new media commission president Peter Diamond talked about the extraordinary TV success that was the London Olympic Games. Volleyball was one of the most popular sports during that prestigious event. Diamond lauded the work done by OBS for the excellent coverage of the Games.
In order to keep encouraging further progress in the future, he said TV broadcasters will be evaluated for important improvements to future production and broadcasting matters relating to all FIVB properties.
Press commission president Hiroshi Takeuchi showed the tremendous growth and increased productivity of the FIVB Department work. He discussed key initiatives that have been introduced to better serve the sport.
“2011 saw the launch of the weekly online electronic newsletter to keep volleyball people regularly updated with FIVB news on a weekly basis,” Mr Takeuchi said.
He pointed out the importance of support coming from the confederation and national federation press officers, who must provide a regular supply of news to the FIVB website and regular publications.
Mr Takeuchi demonstrated the great progress made on the FIVB website, reflected in a significant increase in visitor traffic. Publications have also shown a lot of improvement through new-look designs aimed at increasing attraction to the sport. He enumerated the recommendations approved by the FIVB Board to further facilitate press operations.
Technical commission president Professor Hiroshi Toyoda described the work done to enhance the FIVB’s wide range of technical and teaching materials – both paper and electronic formats – that have achieved highly visible and tangible results. He highlighted improvements to teaching materials that have resulted in the publication of a new coaches’ manual now available in English, French and Spanish. He also discussed FIVB homologated Sports equipment and the growing number of capable manufacturers - especially for flooring.
- Fuzhou Open Q&A: Get to know China's beach volleyball stars
- Birarelli eyes successful Club World Championship comeback
- 2014 FIVB Beach Volleyball Media Guide now available
- Tianjin, Taipei enjoy second win in Asian Women’s Club Volleyball Championship
- Top players on form for clubs ahead of World League
- Tsvetan Sokolov dreams of becoming Bulgaria's champion with Marek one day
- Venezuelans back in tandem for Fuzhou Open
- Favourites have field day at Asia Volleyball Women’s Club Championship
- Makowski announces Polish 22 player roster for the year ahead
- Thailand and Iraq claim gold at latest Asian Beach Volleyball Tour event
- VolleyWorld reflects on a truly Italian affair with the Women’s World Championship Drawing of Lots
- England looks forward to hosting CEV Continental Cup tournament
- "ThrowbackThursday" recognizes anniversary of FIVB Constitutional Congress
- Poland announces men’s national team roster for 2014 season
- Wallace boosts Sada Cruzeiro ahead of Club World Championship
- FIVB Volleyball Men’s Club World Championship wild cards go to Trentino and Al-Rayyan
- Kids Beach Festival praised as fantastic experience
- Matin Varamin claim Asian Club Championship title, ticket to FIVB Men's Club Championship
- Baic Motor claim third spot with win over Kondensat-Zhaikmunay at Asian Men’s Club Championhip
- Beach Volleyball Seminar sets scene for season ahead
- Chinese Taipei finish fifth, host place seventh at Asian Men’s Club Championship
- Sierra Leone men and Rwanda women top podium of African qualifiers for Youth Olympic Games
- Al-Rayyan, Matin Varamin in finals of Asian Club Championship for ticket to FIVB Men's Club Championship
- Alison and Bruno continue impressive form
- FIVB World Tour champs hitting top form
- Sada Cruzeiro take Superliga title on their way to Club World Championship in May
- Serbian Beach Volleyball duo to celebrate FIVB Grand Slam debut in Shanghai
- Chinese Taipei, Iraq's South Gas Club Sports to fight for fifth place of Asian Men’s Club Champs
- Organisers of Moscow Grand Slam unveil plans for a memorable 2014 edition
- Kovac looking forward to getting to grips with Iranian national team
- Kondensat-Zhaikmunay, Matin Varamin, Al-Rayyan, Baic Motor cruise to semis of Asian club championship
- Argentina and Chile take gold in Tucuman stop of South American Beach Tour
- Zurich glory for Swiss and German duos
- Match times announced for FIVB Volleyball Men’s World Championship first round
- CEV President signs agreement with Danish Federation to establish Europe’s fifth Regional Volleyball Development Centre
- Field takes shape as more teams book ticket to Youth Olympic Games
- Watch skilled young athletes and training videos on FIVB Development YouTube
- Puerto Rican and American boys ticketed to Nanjing
- Puerto Rican and Canadian girls grab spots to Nanjing
- Top New Zealand pair out to boost beach volleyball’s profile before taking on world
- Volero Zurich leads national teams, as preparations begin for FIVB Women's Club Championship
- American duo breezes past opponents in day one in Carolina
- Canadian twins steal the show in Carolina
- South Gas Club Sports, Matin Varamin, Al-Rayyan, Baic Motor top their pools in Asian Club preliminary round
- Aussie pair takes important first step before FIVB World Tour
- Qatar, Vanuatu share honours at Khanom Asian Beach Volleyball Tour
- Al-Rayyan on course to a clean sweep in the preliminaries
- Iraq, Iran, Lebanon, Qatar, China clubs remain unbeaten after Day 3 of Asian Men's Club Volleyball Championship
- FIVB stars on show as Swiss Tour gets underway
- Lases Cup comes to another successful end in Latvia