Kenya announce squad for upcoming season
Nairobi, Kenya, July 14, 2011 – The Kenya Volleyball Federation (KVF) named their extended squad for the Africa Women’s Nations Championship on Wednesday.
Celebrated setter Janet Wanja returns to the Kenyan side again this year|
The squad consists of 19 players in total.
The side will now begin training in Nairobi in preparation for both this tournament, which will also be played in the Kenyan capital during August, as well as the All Africa Games set to take place in Maputo in September. KVF Sec Gen Evans Wasike released the names during Memorial tournament in Kisumu this week.
Notable inclusions are celebrated setter Janet Wanja who plays in Rwanda and Pipeline right attacker Lucy Chege.
The selected players were:
Setters: Jane Wacu (Prisons), Janet Wanja (APR), Rose Magoi (Pipeline).
Liberos: Mildred Odwako (Pipeline), Judy Tarus, Elizabeth Nafula (Prisons).
Left attackers: Mercy Moim, Esther Mwombe, Everline Makuto (Prisons), Ednah Rotich (Ulinzi), Esther Wangeci (Pipeline).
Right attackers: Lydia Maiyo (Prisons), Lucy Chege (Pipeline).
Centres: Bracksides Agala, Diana Khisa (Prisons), Jacky Barasa (Ulinzi), Ruth Chepletich (Pipeline), Roselyne Odhiambo (Pipeline), Joan Chelagat (Prisons).
- Watch: Highlights of 2014 FIVB World Grand Prix Draw
- Legendary coach Karpol visits FIVB
- Germany ready to battle for ticket to 2014 World Champs
- And the countdown begins to the Durban Open
- Ghana, Nigeria in final phase of Women's World Championship qualification
- Record 28 teams for 2014 World Grand Prix
- Celebrating Czech Republic's 'Mini volleyball in colours'
- Mini volleyball fever takes hold of Palestine
- World League expands to 28 countries
- VIS seminar concludes in Trinidad and Tobago
- Rwanda, Kenya join Egypt to World Champs final qualification phase
- World Tour Council meets in Lausanne
- Egypt claim gold at World Champs zone 5 qualifier
- Talita and Lima confirmed as women’s rankings champs
- Alison and Emanuel announce split
- 5 teams share immaculate record after CEV Champions League third round comes to a close
- Egypt continue with another win as Rwanda edge Kenya in World Champs qualifier
- Jamaicans Hutchinson, Bryan book China ticket in style
- Trinidadian girls Ward, Davidson seal Youth Olympic spot
- Fruitful meeting for Beach Volleyball Commission
- Yet another successful year for Brazil's VivaVolei festival
- Beach Volleyball tour starts in Sierra Leone
- Impressive 56-54 set score at Korean V-League match
- Jamaica, Barbados surprise top teams for China chance
- Watch: The best of 2013 FIVB World Tour now online
- Egypt lead with second victory as Uganda register first win in World Champs qualifier
- Russian dominance ends as Brazil back at number one
- Level II coaches course gets underway in Mauritius
- One step forward for beach volleyball in Indonesia
- Egypt struggle past Kenya as Rwanda ease past Burundi in World Champs qualifier
- FIVB flourishes on Chinese social media
- Zorzi evaluates World Grand Champions Cup performances
- Volleyball workshop boosts sport in Palestine
- Media accreditation reminder for Durban Open
- Trinidad & Tobago host successful setter seminar
- Brazil win fourth World Grand Champions Cup title, Russia and Italy settle for silver and bronze
- Brazil, Russia, Italy all have a shot at Grand Champions Cup gold before last round
- With third straight victory Brazil cement their leadership at Men’s Grand Champions Cup
- Fans flock to FIVB's YouTube following historic Thailand win
- Coaches look forward to another three days of world-class volleyball
- Natalie Cook: "I'm looking forward to 2014 and beyond"
- Andrea Zorzi: 'Size and height aren’t Japan’s only problem'
- Afghanistan gives beach volleyball a jump-start
- Brazil only team with two victories as Grand Champions Cup moves to Tokyo
- Team Japan’s improvement will take time says former volleyball star Motoko Obayashi
- Iran captain says mentality has changed dramatically under Velasco’s leadership
- Andrea Zorzi reviews World Grand Champions Cup opening day
- FIVB and Rio 2016 collaborate to ensure spectacular Olympic Games
- Italy, Brazil, USA all start Men’s Grand Champions Cup on a high note
- Japan coach Manabe draws the line after winning World Grand Champions Cup bronze