Hungarian beach volleyball champions crowned in Budapest
Budapest, Hungary, August 13, 2014 - The major event on the Hungarian beach volleyball calendar took place in the heart of Budapest. Eniko Lakatos/Eszter Lutter won the women’s Hungarian Beach Volleyball Championship and Tamas Kaszap/Gabor Nacsa celebrated victory in the men’s competition.
The Kings and the Queens of the beach triumph on the Danube island of Margaret|
The semifinals, the bronze medal matches and the finals were held on Margaret Island on the Danube river in the Hungarian capital. An amateur tournament also took place between the semifinals in the in the first part of the day and the evening session featuring the medal games. The finals were broadcast live on the PRO4 television channel.
The fantastic atmosphere at the venue was completed by Brazilian samba dancers who entertained the spectators. The Hungarian women’s national team players also gave away autographed cards to the fans.
This year’s Hungarian Beach Volleyball Championship consisted of four master tournaments and the finals in Budapest. For the first time in this sport, the U18 Championship winners Ban Viktor/Csaba Batari and Ancsin Brigitta/Jurasz Patricia were given the opportunity to play in the finals and compete with the seniors.
The bronze medal battles started with the men’s match. Izsaak Soos/Mate Leiszt got the third place again, just like in the four tournaments earlier in the year. They defeated Gergely Takacs/Zoltan Maksa 2-1. The ladies also played three sets, with Bea Demeter-Matrai/Krisztina Nagy taking third place, while the favourites Kitti Ancsin/Zsuzsanna Jozsa had to settle for fourth.
In the women's final, Eniko Lakatos/Eszter Lutter won two relatively close sets against twin sisters Szandra Szombathelyi/Kitti Szombathelyi. The two teams represented Hungary in the 1st Round of the 2014-2016 CEV Beach Volleyball Continental Cup in Portugal in June.
The men's final game between Tamas Kaszap/Gabor Nacsa and Balazs Dr. Horvath/Mate Vocsko had three very interesting and exciting sets.
The prize money of three million Hungarian forints was split between the top eight players.
Click here to watch the two finals and the award ceremony.
- Level I Coaches Course completed in Tunisia
- Countdown begins to European Volleyball Gala and Champions League drawing of lots ceremony
- Senegal's Fatou signs two-year deal with Azerbaijani club
- Brazil win Men’s U21 Pan Am Cup
- Cuba and USA crowned in Punta Cana
- Germany show nerves of steel to claim first, historic European Games gold
- Turkey’s women claim gold at first ever European Games
- Germany and Bulgaria in final at Baku 2015 European Games
- Turkey upset 4,500 home fans at European Games
- Slovaks join young players in Bratislava
- Our Side of the Net project hits Novi Sad
- Poland to play Bulgaria in European Games semis, Germany take on Russia hoping to make amends for defeat in pool play
- School teachers attend course in US Virgin Islands
- Volleyball in the Pacific wraps up for 2015
- Poland, Serbia, Turkey and hosts Azerbaijan make European Games semis
- Kenya, Algeria turn attention to World Grand Prix
- Top band The Potbelleez to entertain Australia-Brazil crowds
- Latvia's Plavins and Regza take European Games gold
- Betschart and Eiholzer win 'Alpine derby' at European Games
- Azerbaijan edge Belgium in five sets at European Games
- Russia, Netherlands win five-setters at European Games
- Red Dragons take first European Games win in tiebreak thriller
- Poland take third tiebreak win at European Games
- Egypt holds successful Level II Coaches Course
- Bahrain hosts VIS Technical Seminar
- Level I VCP Coaches Course held in Bhutan
- Kenya and Algeria ready for Women's African Championship final
- Russia open fourth day of action at European Games with show of strength
- France get first victory at European Games
- Women's competition organised in Palestine
- New version of FIVB Referee Online Course launched
- Vanuatu hosts VCP Teachers Course
- Russia win thrilling European Games clash
- Turkey upset Serbia in European Games Pool A
- Serbia team show their support
- "Our side of the net" project gathers 400 children in Novi Sad
- 1,500 kids take part in Mini-Volleyball Day in Portugal
- Level I Coaches Course held in Cordoba, Argentina
- Dutch, German and Serbian teams start European Games in top form in pool B
- Italy down 'Yellow Tigers' in Pool A opener, Azerbaijan get the party started at Crystal Hall, Poland upset Turkey at European Games
- The European Games begin
- Philippines hosts successful VCP Beach Volleyball Grassroots Course
- Level II Coaches Course hosted in Cape Verde
- Turkish Volleyball Federation appoints TSE Consulting to facilitate long-term strategy development
- FIVB/CEV Volleyball Technical Seminars a huge success in England
- 700 youngsters enjoy Gira Volei in Alentejo
- Weather cannot turn off the joy of CEV Youth Summer Festival in Gijón
- Dominican Republic and Cuba to FIVB World Cup
- 7,000 youngsters enjoy annual Power Cup in Finland
- JaVA continues push to develop coaching skills in Jamaica