Barbados Development Centre stages first FIVB course of the year
The 15 young men and 20 young women taking part were all from the host country.
With three courts available, the instructor decided to divide the participants into three groups according to their levels in order to focus more on their practical skills. A spacious lecture room was available to run the theoretical lessons.
All the participants agreed to follow the instructor with the S.M.A.R.T volleyball principle:
1. Specification of the objectives
2. Measuring all the personal execution skills
3. Achievable for each group
4. Reasonable to execute and not impossible
5. Within an acceptable Time frame
Everybody was very enthusiastic and satisfied, and the results reflected this, with all the participants passing the exam.
The instructor appreciated the good cooperation received by coach Patrick Oxley and the secretary of the Development Centre.