2014 List of Prohibited Substances and Methods online
Lausanne, Switzerland, January 16, 2014
– The 2014 List of Prohibited Substances and Methods, published by the World
Anti-Doping Agency (WADA), and which is now available to all FIVB volleyball
and beach volleyball athletes, as well as their Team Support Personnel, came into
force on January 1, 2014.
· Changes to the nomenclature of some substances on the List, which has been updated to International Non-proprietary Names (INN).
· A reclassification of drugs that metabolise to amphetamine or methamphetamine on account of improved analytical techniques, which permit the identification of the administered drug and corresponding metabolites.
· Changes made to the wording describing the blood alcohol threshold of athletes.
· The addition of mitragynine to the Narcotics class of the Monitoring Program in order to detect potential patterns of abuse.
Similar to the 2013 Prohibited List, the
List and its related documents is now available for mobile devices and as an
iPhone/iPad application in addition to the print and PDF formats.
For more detailed information on the 2014 List of Prohibited Substances and Methods and its changes for 2014 visit the medical section on the FIVB Website.