CEV Beach Volleyball Coordinators seminar opens in Milan with record-breaking attendance
Milan, Italy, December 13, 2013 – A total of 47 National Federations are currently represented at the very first seminar organized by the CEV for NF Beach Volleyball Coordinators that got underway on Friday afternoon at the Centro Pavesi in Milan. The seminar was opened by CEV Vice President and European Beach Volleyball Commission President (EBVC) Renato Arena who addressed the audience also on behalf of CEV President André Meyer, who is attending the FIVB Sports Events Council meeting in Lausanne, Switzerland.
The representatives of 47 National Federations are currently attending the CEV seminar for NF Beach Volleyball Coordinators taking place through Sunday morning at the Centro Pavesi in Milan |
Mr. Arena expressed his pride for the impressive attendance registered for the seminar that is being hosted in one out of four Regional Volleyball Development Centers officially recognized as such by FIVB and CEV in Europe (the others being located in Azerbaijan, England, and Luxembourg). The EBVC President enjoyed this opportunity to review the main facts and figures of a memorable 2013 season which featured an unprecedented number of tournaments next to the major highlight represented by the CEV Beach Volleyball European Championship Final held in Klagenfurt, Austria.
The 2013 season coincided with the launch of a special Youth Development Project funded by the FIVB and whose core is represented by the inaugural CEV Youth Beach Volleyball Continental Cup. To follow up on the Continental Cup whereby one team per gender ultimately qualified for the 2012 Olympics in London, the CEV turned into the sole Continental Confederation to set up a similar qualification process for the 2014 Youth Olympics in Nanjing, China, where Beach Volleyball will debut on the program. Mr. Arena – joined by the CEV Beach Volleyball Coordinators Dennis Passig and George Gagalis – recalled that more than 30 countries joined the Zonal Phase held from May through late August 2013 in 8 different venues, with the finals coming up in May next year to determine the six teams per gender that will compose the European contingent for Nanjing 2014.
The EBVC President also stressed that two mass festivals held in England and the Netherlands were also supported by the CEV in 2013 and presented a first draft of the calendar for next year, which includes a series of Masters tournaments, the European Championship Final in Rome as well as the first stage of the Continental Cup that is set to come to a close in 2016 thereby qualifying teams to the 2016 Olympics in Rio de Janeiro.
The 2013 season was a very successful one for Beach Volleyball in Europe but more is to come, promised Mr. Arena who also thanked the CEV Board of Administration and especially CEV President André Meyer for the support received in re-structuring and helping widen the CEV Beach Volleyball portfolio.
The seminar will continue through Sunday morning and includes also a session where three National Federations will be sharing their expertise and know-how with all attendees focusing on their respective development projects conceived for promoting Beach Volleyball in schools (Poland), working with elite teams (Germany) and supporting grassroots activities (Netherlands).
The invitation to the seminar was extended also to four North African countries within the frame of a special development project which is being coordinated by the Italian Volleyball Federation.
With a record-breaking 47 National Federations in attendance, additional international flavor is added by the Tunisian delegate, thereby showing a sense of unity and cohesion that is shared by all those who are working for the good of Beach Volleyball.
- International coaches course begins in Costa Rica
- IIRC begins in Zimbabwe
- Cameroon hosts Teachers VCP
- Tomis sets up U13 department in neighbouring city of Tulcea
- Swedish women, Norwegian men take gold at U19 NEVZA Championships
- China and Korea clash top of agenda on day 3 of Asian U20 Championships
- Iran, Qatar match highlights day two of Asian U20 Championships
- Marte Hoffiz to preside Dominican Hall of Fame induction ceremony
- Day two set to begin at Asian U20 Men’s Championship
- Hosts Thailand up against Korea, Japan set cup 2012 final rematch with China in semi-finals of Asian Girls’ U17 Championship
- Peru and Dominican Republic open with victories
- Hong Kong outclass India in playoff of Asian Girls’ U17 Championship
- Lima ready for first edition of U20 Final Four
- Peru host U20 Final Four Gatorade Cup
- Japan aim to make it three in a row at 17th Asian Men's U20 Championship
- Hosts Thailand stun world champions China in Asian Girls’ U17 playoffs
- Halkbank clinch Turkish Super Cup crown
- Congo hosts fifth Volleyball festival
- Auckland completes VCP coaching on a high note
- Russia retain first place in European women's ranking
- Sixth edition of Denitza Krivova Memorial held in France
- JaVA look forward to increased participation in Developmental Volleyball Championship
- Wiener Städtische announced as Serbian League sponsor for ninth season
- China, Japan, Korea, Thailand send rivals packing at Asian Girls’ U17 Championship
- Hosts Thailand, Japan, China, Korea top their pools at Asian Girls’ U17 Championship
- President Medina congratulates Dominican women’s team
- Brazil win South American U22 Championship
- Benfica edge Castêlo to win Portuguese Supercup
- Chinese Taipei suffer first loss at Asian Girls’ U17 Championship
- Cuba top U23 Men’s Pan Am Cup
- Strong start for competition favourites at Asian Girls’ U17 Championship in Thailand
- Danish U19s seek to set new record for most NEVZA titles
- Asian Girls’ U17 Championship to kick off in Thailand
- TVA chief elected new SEAVA president
- Cuba and Mexico punch tickets to U23 Men’s World Championship
- Mexico and Cuba continue strong run at U23 Pan Am Cup
- Parkhomenko sisters bid farewell to Azerbaijani national team
- AVC headquarters in Thailand prepare for official opening
- Three teams undefeated at U-23 Pan Am Cup
- European qualification pools for 2015 U20/U21 World Championships confirmed
- England hosts U17 NEVZA Championships
- U14 Argentine Cup champions decided
- Russians and Latvians celebrate success in Batumi
- VCP success in Martinique
- Mini Volleyball helping spread the game in Palestine
- Volleyball legend Kacharava inspires youngsters at EEVZA event
- Iran stun title-holders Japan to capture historic Asian Games men’s volleyball gold medal
- Japan upset hosts Korea to setup Iran showdown in Asian Games men’s volleyball
- Hosts Korea to challenge title-holders Japan, China up against indomitable Iran in semifinals of Asian Games men’s volleyball
- Men’s BVA Cup semifinals to take place on Saturday in Bar