Argentina arrive in Mexico for FIVB Boys U19 World Championship
Tijuana, Mexico, June 19 2013 - The National team of Argentina to compete at the FIVB Youth Boys’ U19 World Championship arrived to Baja California High Performance Center on Wednesday.
Players from Argentina joined Cuba as teams already in Tijuana to train ahead of the Boys' World Championship|
The Argentinean team, coached by Julian Alvarez, will play against Cuba, Japan, Chile and Turkey in the city of Mexicali.
“We are very glad and delighted, Alvarez said. “This is our first time in Mexico, with great expectations to compete here and to finish among the best teams of the championship.
“We want play a good game and we are very focused in having a good tournament collectively, as a unit,” Alvarez added. “We don’t have stars and the most important thing for us is our teamwork”.
Alvarez worked as statistician for the female teams with Guillermo Orduña, in his first stint as National Coach.
“That really helped me a lot and I learned a lot. I also had the chance to coach some good players that are now part of the national senior team, like Lucia Fresco, who won the bronze medal at the last edition of the Pan Am Cup,” he said.
The South American squad is the second team to start a mini-camp at the High Performance Center previous to the world championship, following the arrival of Cuba last Saturday.
This team also played at the Volleygrad Cup in Anapa, Russia, along with Mexico, who has had also some training sessions at the same stage in Baja California, prior to the FIVB competition scheduled from June 27 to July 7.
- Countdown begins to European Volleyball Gala and Champions League drawing of lots ceremony
- Senegal's Fatou signs two-year deal with Azerbaijani club
- Brazil win Men’s U21 Pan Am Cup
- Cuba and USA crowned in Punta Cana
- Germany show nerves of steel to claim first, historic European Games gold
- Turkey’s women claim gold at first ever European Games
- Germany and Bulgaria in final at Baku 2015 European Games
- Turkey upset 4,500 home fans at European Games
- Slovaks join young players in Bratislava
- Our Side of the Net project hits Novi Sad
- Poland to play Bulgaria in European Games semis, Germany take on Russia hoping to make amends for defeat in pool play
- School teachers attend course in US Virgin Islands
- Volleyball in the Pacific wraps up for 2015
- Poland, Serbia, Turkey and hosts Azerbaijan make European Games semis
- Kenya, Algeria turn attention to World Grand Prix
- Top band The Potbelleez to entertain Australia-Brazil crowds
- Latvia's Plavins and Regza take European Games gold
- Betschart and Eiholzer win 'Alpine derby' at European Games
- Azerbaijan edge Belgium in five sets at European Games
- Russia, Netherlands win five-setters at European Games
- Red Dragons take first European Games win in tiebreak thriller
- Poland take third tiebreak win at European Games
- Egypt holds successful Level II Coaches Course
- Bahrain hosts VIS Technical Seminar
- Level I VCP Coaches Course held in Bhutan
- Kenya and Algeria ready for Women's African Championship final
- Russia open fourth day of action at European Games with show of strength
- France get first victory at European Games
- Women's competition organised in Palestine
- New version of FIVB Referee Online Course launched
- Vanuatu hosts VCP Teachers Course
- Russia win thrilling European Games clash
- Turkey upset Serbia in European Games Pool A
- Serbia team show their support
- "Our side of the net" project gathers 400 children in Novi Sad
- 1,500 kids take part in Mini-Volleyball Day in Portugal
- Level I Coaches Course held in Cordoba, Argentina
- Dutch, German and Serbian teams start European Games in top form in pool B
- Italy down 'Yellow Tigers' in Pool A opener, Azerbaijan get the party started at Crystal Hall, Poland upset Turkey at European Games
- The European Games begin
- Philippines hosts successful VCP Beach Volleyball Grassroots Course
- Level II Coaches Course hosted in Cape Verde
- Turkish Volleyball Federation appoints TSE Consulting to facilitate long-term strategy development
- FIVB/CEV Volleyball Technical Seminars a huge success in England
- 700 youngsters enjoy Gira Volei in Alentejo
- Weather cannot turn off the joy of CEV Youth Summer Festival in Gijón
- Dominican Republic and Cuba to FIVB World Cup
- 7,000 youngsters enjoy annual Power Cup in Finland
- JaVA continues push to develop coaching skills in Jamaica
- AVC concludes successful Board of Administration Meeting