Argentina arrive in Mexico for FIVB Boys U19 World Championship
Tijuana, Mexico, June 19 2013 - The National team of Argentina to compete at the FIVB Youth Boys’ U19 World Championship arrived to Baja California High Performance Center on Wednesday.
Players from Argentina joined Cuba as teams already in Tijuana to train ahead of the Boys' World Championship|
The Argentinean team, coached by Julian Alvarez, will play against Cuba, Japan, Chile and Turkey in the city of Mexicali.
“We are very glad and delighted, Alvarez said. “This is our first time in Mexico, with great expectations to compete here and to finish among the best teams of the championship.
“We want play a good game and we are very focused in having a good tournament collectively, as a unit,” Alvarez added. “We don’t have stars and the most important thing for us is our teamwork”.
Alvarez worked as statistician for the female teams with Guillermo Orduña, in his first stint as National Coach.
“That really helped me a lot and I learned a lot. I also had the chance to coach some good players that are now part of the national senior team, like Lucia Fresco, who won the bronze medal at the last edition of the Pan Am Cup,” he said.
The South American squad is the second team to start a mini-camp at the High Performance Center previous to the world championship, following the arrival of Cuba last Saturday.
This team also played at the Volleygrad Cup in Anapa, Russia, along with Mexico, who has had also some training sessions at the same stage in Baja California, prior to the FIVB competition scheduled from June 27 to July 7.
- CEV goes social, with new Twitter, Facebook accounts
- CEV and Mikasa extend their partnership for another four years
- CEV President reviews year of success for Europe’s Volleyball family
- CEV President opens XXXV General Assembly in Antalya
- Northern Marianas turn to Cool Volley for growth
- CEV BoA sends message of unity and cohesion on eve of XXXV General Assembly
- CAVB Referees Course ends in Burkina Faso
- ExCom meeting opens busy week for CEV
- Grankin inducted into elite Sergey Tetyukhin Club
- VakifBank adds Super Cup glory
- Myanmar hosts Technical Seminar
- Coaches course completed in Chennai
- Peru win gold medal at U20 Final Four Cup
- International coaches course begins in Costa Rica
- IRCC begins in Zimbabwe
- Cameroon hosts Teachers VCP
- Tomis sets up U13 department in neighbouring city of Tulcea
- Swedish women, Norwegian men take gold at U19 NEVZA Championships
- China and Korea clash top of agenda on day 3 of Asian U20 Championships
- Iran, Qatar match highlights day two of Asian U20 Championships
- Marte Hoffiz to preside Dominican Hall of Fame induction ceremony
- Day two set to begin at Asian U20 Men’s Championship
- Hosts Thailand up against Korea, Japan set cup 2012 final rematch with China in semi-finals of Asian Girls’ U17 Championship
- Peru and Dominican Republic open with victories
- Hong Kong outclass India in playoff of Asian Girls’ U17 Championship
- Lima ready for first edition of U20 Final Four
- Peru host U20 Final Four Gatorade Cup
- Japan aim to make it three in a row at 17th Asian Men's U20 Championship
- Hosts Thailand stun world champions China in Asian Girls’ U17 playoffs
- Halkbank clinch Turkish Super Cup crown
- Congo hosts fifth Volleyball festival
- Auckland completes VCP coaching on a high note
- Russia retain first place in European women's ranking
- Sixth edition of Denitza Krivova Memorial held in France
- JaVA look forward to increased participation in Developmental Volleyball Championship
- Wiener Städtische announced as Serbian League sponsor for ninth season
- China, Japan, Korea, Thailand send rivals packing at Asian Girls’ U17 Championship
- Hosts Thailand, Japan, China, Korea top their pools at Asian Girls’ U17 Championship
- President Medina congratulates Dominican women’s team
- Brazil win South American U22 Championship
- Benfica edge Castêlo to win Portuguese Supercup
- Chinese Taipei suffer first loss at Asian Girls’ U17 Championship
- Cuba top U23 Men’s Pan Am Cup
- Strong start for competition favourites at Asian Girls’ U17 Championship in Thailand
- Danish U19s seek to set new record for most NEVZA titles
- Asian Girls’ U17 Championship to kick off in Thailand
- TVA chief elected new SEAVA president
- Cuba and Mexico punch tickets to U23 Men’s World Championship
- Mexico and Cuba continue strong run at U23 Pan Am Cup
- Parkhomenko sisters bid farewell to Azerbaijani national team