FIVB Executive Committee meets prior to Board of Administration meeting
Lausanne, Switzerland, April 3, 2013 – The International Volleyball Federation (FIVB) Executive Committee met at the FIVB headquarters in Lausanne, Switzerland on Wednesday in preparation of the Board of Administration meeting on Thursday and Friday.
The FIVB Honorary Life President Jizhong Wei and the Presidents of the FIVB Commissions were in attendance at Wednesday's Executive Committee meeting|
Continued development and modernisation were the key themes as the Executive Committee approved the agenda for the Board of Administration meeting.
FIVB President Dr. Ary S. Graça F° opened the meeting, which included FIVB Honorary Life President Jizhong Wei and the President's of the FIVB Commissions in attendance, by stressing to the members how important they are in determining how to motivate up and coming federations.
“This week is about preparing new ideas to continue the good work Mr Wei started four years ago,” President Graça said. “I love volleyball, I played volleyball, I still play volleyball, I am here for the development of volleyball.
“The FIVB needs your help primarily because we need to improve. We need to change our mentality from the past. This is very important. If we don’t change we are going to lag behind because society is changing. We need to modernise.
“Our position in the sport world is a very good position today. The Olympics were very good but we must come back to reality and react accordingly. We must professionalise the FIVB. We have a long way to go but even if we reach our goals in the next four years it’s not enough, we must go further. That is why we have all kind of people, all kind of thinking in the Executive Committee and Board of Administration.”
Mr Wei added: “When I was President, the main task for me was to bring the FIVB back into the Olympic movement. We had to clean our house first. Now the FIVB is a clean house. Like that we have the confidence of the Olympic movement – the IOC and other sports federations.
"The real revolution starts with the presidency of Dr. Ary Graça. Like he said, to change the mind is sometimes difficult. I attended Rio (Executive Committee meeting in December), now I’m here and I agree with the philosophy of Dr. Ary Graça. This is why I am confident the revolution of the FIVB will continue."
The FIVB Board of Administration will take place at the FIVB headquarters on Thursday and Friday.
- Anderson announces break from volleyball
- Closing Ceremony ends IRCC in Zimbabwe
- Beach volleyball coaching course completed in Qatar
- Coaches course begins in Cameroon
- CEV President delighted at successful General Assembly
- Cool Volley takes off in Cordoba
- 2014 Fair Play Award presented to Romanian Beach Volleyballers Ordean and Melniciuc
- CEV launches “Green Way” campaign
- CEV announces organisers of European Championships
- CEV goes social, with new Twitter, Facebook accounts
- CEV and Mikasa extend their partnership for another four years
- CEV President reviews year of success for Europe’s Volleyball family
- CEV President opens XXXV General Assembly in Antalya
- Northern Marianas turn to Cool Volley for growth
- CEV BoA sends message of unity and cohesion on eve of XXXV General Assembly
- CAVB Referees Course ends in Burkina Faso
- ExCom meeting opens busy week for CEV
- Grankin inducted into elite Sergey Tetyukhin Club
- VakifBank adds Super Cup glory
- Myanmar hosts Technical Seminar
- Coaches course completed in Chennai
- Peru win gold medal at U20 Final Four Cup
- International coaches course begins in Costa Rica
- IRCC begins in Zimbabwe
- Cameroon hosts Teachers VCP
- Tomis sets up U13 department in neighbouring city of Tulcea
- Swedish women, Norwegian men take gold at U19 NEVZA Championships
- China and Korea clash top of agenda on day 3 of Asian U20 Championships
- Iran, Qatar match highlights day two of Asian U20 Championships
- Marte Hoffiz to preside Dominican Hall of Fame induction ceremony
- Day two set to begin at Asian U20 Men’s Championship
- Hosts Thailand up against Korea, Japan set cup 2012 final rematch with China in semi-finals of Asian Girls’ U17 Championship
- Peru and Dominican Republic open with victories
- Hong Kong outclass India in playoff of Asian Girls’ U17 Championship
- Lima ready for first edition of U20 Final Four
- Peru host U20 Final Four Gatorade Cup
- Japan aim to make it three in a row at 17th Asian Men's U20 Championship
- Hosts Thailand stun world champions China in Asian Girls’ U17 playoffs
- Halkbank clinch Turkish Super Cup crown
- Congo hosts fifth Volleyball festival
- Auckland completes VCP coaching on a high note
- Russia retain first place in European women's ranking
- Sixth edition of Denitza Krivova Memorial held in France
- JaVA look forward to increased participation in Developmental Volleyball Championship
- Wiener Städtische announced as Serbian League sponsor for ninth season
- China, Japan, Korea, Thailand send rivals packing at Asian Girls’ U17 Championship
- Hosts Thailand, Japan, China, Korea top their pools at Asian Girls’ U17 Championship
- President Medina congratulates Dominican women’s team
- Brazil win South American U22 Championship
- Benfica edge Castêlo to win Portuguese Supercup