VELUX Group title sponsor 2013 CEV Men’s Volleyball European Championship
Luxembourg/Copenhagen, January 30, 2013 - The CEV and the VELUX Group have entered a title sponsorship agreement for the forthcoming 2013 CEV Volleyball European Championship – Men in Denmark and Poland.
After claiming the title in 2011 in Vienna, Serbia's national team will try to re-assert its supremacy as the final round of the 2013 European Championship sponsored by VELUX Group is coming up this September 20-29 in Denmark and Poland|
It promises to be a humdinger of an event when the best volleyball players in Europe play the Championship matches in Poland and Denmark from 20 to 29 September 2013. And the recently entered sponsorship agreement with the VELUX Group can give the European Championship a totally different dimension.
“We are extremely pleased with the partnership we have entered with the VELUX Group especially since this company has a long experience in sponsoring major sports events that have regularly turned into a terrific success” says CEV President André Meyer. “Via this sponsorship agreement we feel even more confident that the EuroVolley 2013 in Denmark and Poland will raise the profile of the European Championship to unprecedented heights thereby setting the tone also for the next editions in the years to come”.
The CEV Volleyball European Championship – Men will be played from 20 to 29 September 2013 in Poland and Denmark. Infront Sports & Media, the CEV’s long-term media rights partner, expects to achieve broadcast coverage in approximately 100 countries.
New name for tournament
The VELUX Group’s sponsorship imposes a change in the official denomination of Europe’s premiere Volleyball event which from today onwards will bear the name “2013 CEV VELUX Volleyball European Championship – Men, Final Round”.
The VELUX Group, which is already title sponsor of VELUX EHF Champions League in handball, is delighted to be able to sponsor yet another international sporting event.
“Volleyball is hugely popular in many of our key markets. The sponsorship of the CEV Volleyball European Championship – Men in 2013 is a wonderful opportunity to expand our sponsorship portfolio with a sport that is energetic, passionate and one of the most widely-played sports in the world,” says Michael K. Rasmussen, Marketing Director of the VELUX Group.
The Volleyball sponsorship - that was facilitated by Infront - will run from now until the European Championship comes to an end on 29 September 2013.
About CEV VELUX Volleyball European Championship – Men, Final Round
Matches will be played in both Poland and Denmark on a co-host basis. The tournament will end in Denmark, with the semi-finals and finals being played in Parken, the Danish national stadium in Copenhagen.
Serbia is currently European Champion and Russia Olympic Champion.
Group A, matches to be played in Odense, Denmark, consists of Denmark, Italy, Belarus and the winner of the play-off between Greece and Belgium.
Group B, matches to be played in Gdansk, Poland, consists of France, Slovakia, Poland and the winner of the play-off between Turkey and Latvia.
Group C, matches to be played in Herning, Denmark, consists of Serbia, Finland, the Netherlands and the winner of the play-off between Croatia and Slovenia.
Group D, matches to be played in Gdynia, Poland, consists of Russia, Germany, the Czech Republic and Bulgaria.
The CEV VELUX Volleyball European Championship can be followed at www.cev.lu and eurovolley2013.dk
- Level I Coaches Course completed in Tunisia
- Countdown begins to European Volleyball Gala and Champions League drawing of lots ceremony
- Senegal's Fatou signs two-year deal with Azerbaijani club
- Brazil win Men’s U21 Pan Am Cup
- Cuba and USA crowned in Punta Cana
- Germany show nerves of steel to claim first, historic European Games gold
- Turkey’s women claim gold at first ever European Games
- Germany and Bulgaria in final at Baku 2015 European Games
- Turkey upset 4,500 home fans at European Games
- Slovaks join young players in Bratislava
- Our Side of the Net project hits Novi Sad
- Poland to play Bulgaria in European Games semis, Germany take on Russia hoping to make amends for defeat in pool play
- School teachers attend course in US Virgin Islands
- Volleyball in the Pacific wraps up for 2015
- Poland, Serbia, Turkey and hosts Azerbaijan make European Games semis
- Kenya, Algeria turn attention to World Grand Prix
- Top band The Potbelleez to entertain Australia-Brazil crowds
- Latvia's Plavins and Regza take European Games gold
- Betschart and Eiholzer win 'Alpine derby' at European Games
- Azerbaijan edge Belgium in five sets at European Games
- Russia, Netherlands win five-setters at European Games
- Red Dragons take first European Games win in tiebreak thriller
- Poland take third tiebreak win at European Games
- Egypt holds successful Level II Coaches Course
- Bahrain hosts VIS Technical Seminar
- Level I VCP Coaches Course held in Bhutan
- Kenya and Algeria ready for Women's African Championship final
- Russia open fourth day of action at European Games with show of strength
- France get first victory at European Games
- Women's competition organised in Palestine
- New version of FIVB Referee Online Course launched
- Vanuatu hosts VCP Teachers Course
- Russia win thrilling European Games clash
- Turkey upset Serbia in European Games Pool A
- Serbia team show their support
- "Our side of the net" project gathers 400 children in Novi Sad
- 1,500 kids take part in Mini-Volleyball Day in Portugal
- Level I Coaches Course held in Cordoba, Argentina
- Dutch, German and Serbian teams start European Games in top form in pool B
- Italy down 'Yellow Tigers' in Pool A opener, Azerbaijan get the party started at Crystal Hall, Poland upset Turkey at European Games
- The European Games begin
- Philippines hosts successful VCP Beach Volleyball Grassroots Course
- Level II Coaches Course hosted in Cape Verde
- Turkish Volleyball Federation appoints TSE Consulting to facilitate long-term strategy development
- FIVB/CEV Volleyball Technical Seminars a huge success in England
- 700 youngsters enjoy Gira Volei in Alentejo
- Weather cannot turn off the joy of CEV Youth Summer Festival in Gijón
- Dominican Republic and Cuba to FIVB World Cup
- 7,000 youngsters enjoy annual Power Cup in Finland
- JaVA continues push to develop coaching skills in Jamaica