VELUX Group title sponsor 2013 CEV Men’s Volleyball European Championship
Luxembourg/Copenhagen, January 30, 2013 - The CEV and the VELUX Group have entered a title sponsorship agreement for the forthcoming 2013 CEV Volleyball European Championship – Men in Denmark and Poland.
After claiming the title in 2011 in Vienna, Serbia's national team will try to re-assert its supremacy as the final round of the 2013 European Championship sponsored by VELUX Group is coming up this September 20-29 in Denmark and Poland|
It promises to be a humdinger of an event when the best volleyball players in Europe play the Championship matches in Poland and Denmark from 20 to 29 September 2013. And the recently entered sponsorship agreement with the VELUX Group can give the European Championship a totally different dimension.
“We are extremely pleased with the partnership we have entered with the VELUX Group especially since this company has a long experience in sponsoring major sports events that have regularly turned into a terrific success” says CEV President André Meyer. “Via this sponsorship agreement we feel even more confident that the EuroVolley 2013 in Denmark and Poland will raise the profile of the European Championship to unprecedented heights thereby setting the tone also for the next editions in the years to come”.
The CEV Volleyball European Championship – Men will be played from 20 to 29 September 2013 in Poland and Denmark. Infront Sports & Media, the CEV’s long-term media rights partner, expects to achieve broadcast coverage in approximately 100 countries.
New name for tournament
The VELUX Group’s sponsorship imposes a change in the official denomination of Europe’s premiere Volleyball event which from today onwards will bear the name “2013 CEV VELUX Volleyball European Championship – Men, Final Round”.
The VELUX Group, which is already title sponsor of VELUX EHF Champions League in handball, is delighted to be able to sponsor yet another international sporting event.
“Volleyball is hugely popular in many of our key markets. The sponsorship of the CEV Volleyball European Championship – Men in 2013 is a wonderful opportunity to expand our sponsorship portfolio with a sport that is energetic, passionate and one of the most widely-played sports in the world,” says Michael K. Rasmussen, Marketing Director of the VELUX Group.
The Volleyball sponsorship - that was facilitated by Infront - will run from now until the European Championship comes to an end on 29 September 2013.
About CEV VELUX Volleyball European Championship – Men, Final Round
Matches will be played in both Poland and Denmark on a co-host basis. The tournament will end in Denmark, with the semi-finals and finals being played in Parken, the Danish national stadium in Copenhagen.
Serbia is currently European Champion and Russia Olympic Champion.
Group A, matches to be played in Odense, Denmark, consists of Denmark, Italy, Belarus and the winner of the play-off between Greece and Belgium.
Group B, matches to be played in Gdansk, Poland, consists of France, Slovakia, Poland and the winner of the play-off between Turkey and Latvia.
Group C, matches to be played in Herning, Denmark, consists of Serbia, Finland, the Netherlands and the winner of the play-off between Croatia and Slovenia.
Group D, matches to be played in Gdynia, Poland, consists of Russia, Germany, the Czech Republic and Bulgaria.
The CEV VELUX Volleyball European Championship can be followed at www.cev.lu and eurovolley2013.dk
- 2014 Fair Play Award presented to Romanian Beach Volleyballers Ordean and Melniciuc
- CEV launches “Green Way” campaign
- CEV announces organisers of European Championships
- CEV goes social, with new Twitter, Facebook accounts
- CEV and Mikasa extend their partnership for another four years
- CEV President reviews year of success for Europe’s Volleyball family
- CEV President opens XXXV General Assembly in Antalya
- Northern Marianas turn to Cool Volley for growth
- CEV BoA sends message of unity and cohesion on eve of XXXV General Assembly
- CAVB Referees Course ends in Burkina Faso
- ExCom meeting opens busy week for CEV
- Grankin inducted into elite Sergey Tetyukhin Club
- VakifBank adds Super Cup glory
- Myanmar hosts Technical Seminar
- Coaches course completed in Chennai
- Peru win gold medal at U20 Final Four Cup
- International coaches course begins in Costa Rica
- IRCC begins in Zimbabwe
- Cameroon hosts Teachers VCP
- Tomis sets up U13 department in neighbouring city of Tulcea
- Swedish women, Norwegian men take gold at U19 NEVZA Championships
- China and Korea clash top of agenda on day 3 of Asian U20 Championships
- Iran, Qatar match highlights day two of Asian U20 Championships
- Marte Hoffiz to preside Dominican Hall of Fame induction ceremony
- Day two set to begin at Asian U20 Men’s Championship
- Hosts Thailand up against Korea, Japan set cup 2012 final rematch with China in semi-finals of Asian Girls’ U17 Championship
- Peru and Dominican Republic open with victories
- Hong Kong outclass India in playoff of Asian Girls’ U17 Championship
- Lima ready for first edition of U20 Final Four
- Peru host U20 Final Four Gatorade Cup
- Japan aim to make it three in a row at 17th Asian Men's U20 Championship
- Hosts Thailand stun world champions China in Asian Girls’ U17 playoffs
- Halkbank clinch Turkish Super Cup crown
- Congo hosts fifth Volleyball festival
- Auckland completes VCP coaching on a high note
- Russia retain first place in European women's ranking
- Sixth edition of Denitza Krivova Memorial held in France
- JaVA look forward to increased participation in Developmental Volleyball Championship
- Wiener Städtische announced as Serbian League sponsor for ninth season
- China, Japan, Korea, Thailand send rivals packing at Asian Girls’ U17 Championship
- Hosts Thailand, Japan, China, Korea top their pools at Asian Girls’ U17 Championship
- President Medina congratulates Dominican women’s team
- Brazil win South American U22 Championship
- Benfica edge Castêlo to win Portuguese Supercup
- Chinese Taipei suffer first loss at Asian Girls’ U17 Championship
- Cuba top U23 Men’s Pan Am Cup
- Strong start for competition favourites at Asian Girls’ U17 Championship in Thailand
- Danish U19s seek to set new record for most NEVZA titles
- Asian Girls’ U17 Championship to kick off in Thailand
- TVA chief elected new SEAVA president