NORCECA Beach Circuit will have 17 stops in 2013
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic, December 8, 2012 – The NORCECA Beach Volleyball Commission decided to increase the 2013 NORCECA Beach Volleyball Circuit to a total of 17 stops, including seven in Mexico, during the second day of meetings at the organisation’s headquarters in Santo Domingo on Saturday.
Members of NORCECA's Beach Volleyball Commission at their meeting in Santo Domingo. |
The season will start in the Cayman Islands (March 20-25), continuing in the Dominican Republic (March 21-April 1) and then Guatemala (April 17-22). The circuit will then move to Mexico for stops in the cities of Tampico (May 1-6), Chiapas (May 8-13), Morelia (May 15-20), Toluca (June 5-10) and Acapulco (June 12-17).
Puerto Rico will host the next stop (August 14-19), then Cuba (August 21-26) and San Diego, USA (September 25-30), before the circuit turns back to Mexico for tournaments in Mazatlan (October 2-7) and Colima (October 9-14).
The season will conclude with events in Saint Lucia (October 23-28), Costa Rica (October 30-November 4), Trinidad & Tobago (November 13-18) and Aruba (November 27-December 2).
The commission voted on a proposal to increase the prize money for the events to $16,000 for the double-gender tournaments, as was the case for the last tournament of 2012 held in Aruba.
During the meeting, members of the commission received reports from the different regional zones – CAZOVA, ECVA and AFECAVOL – as well as a general report from Arnaldo Sanchez, president of the commission. It covered the eleven competitions of 2012 and also the events of the Continental Cup, prior to the Olympic Games, which were held in the Cayman Islands, Costa Rica, Nicaragua and Mexico.
NORCECA’s president, Cristobal Marte Hoffiz, presented the first-round tentative calendar for the Continental Cup leading to the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro, which will start next year if approved by the FIVB.
Hoffiz also confirmed NORCECA’s commitment to organise qualification tournaments for the FIVB Youth, Junior and Under-23 Beach Volleyball World Championships, and also qualifiers for the 2014 Youth Olympic Games in Nanjing, China.
The double-gender Youth and U-23 qualification tournaments will be held in Puerto Rico, while the double-gender Junior tournament will take place in Costa Rica. All these events will take place in March.
The following proposals were also submitted for approval by the NORCECA Board of Administration and Executive Committee:
- Three open tournaments to be held in NORCECA countries, with financial assistance from the FIVB and at sites to be decided by January 12, 2013.
- The number of referees for the events will be increased to nine, including three neutrals.
- The minimum number of courts for an event to receive authorisation for an official competition will be three.
- The arrival date for the referee supervisor and the technical director for events taking place on weekends will be the preceding Tuesday.
- To adopt the pool-play format with a consolation round in order to guarantee the participating teams at least four matches per tournament.
- Prize money for top-ranked National Federations at the end of the year will be increased from $5,000 to $10,000 per gender.
- The Regional Development Centre in Dominican Republic to organise international courses for coaches and referees in 2013.
- Anderson announces break from volleyball
- Closing Ceremony ends IRCC in Zimbabwe
- Beach volleyball coaching course completed in Qatar
- Coaches course begins in Cameroon
- CEV President delighted at successful General Assembly
- Cool Volley takes off in Cordoba
- 2014 Fair Play Award presented to Romanian Beach Volleyballers Ordean and Melniciuc
- CEV launches “Green Way” campaign
- CEV announces organisers of European Championships
- CEV goes social, with new Twitter, Facebook accounts
- CEV and Mikasa extend their partnership for another four years
- CEV President reviews year of success for Europe’s Volleyball family
- CEV President opens XXXV General Assembly in Antalya
- Northern Marianas turn to Cool Volley for growth
- CEV BoA sends message of unity and cohesion on eve of XXXV General Assembly
- CAVB Referees Course ends in Burkina Faso
- ExCom meeting opens busy week for CEV
- Grankin inducted into elite Sergey Tetyukhin Club
- VakifBank adds Super Cup glory
- Myanmar hosts Technical Seminar
- Coaches course completed in Chennai
- Peru win gold medal at U20 Final Four Cup
- International coaches course begins in Costa Rica
- IRCC begins in Zimbabwe
- Cameroon hosts Teachers VCP
- Tomis sets up U13 department in neighbouring city of Tulcea
- Swedish women, Norwegian men take gold at U19 NEVZA Championships
- China and Korea clash top of agenda on day 3 of Asian U20 Championships
- Iran, Qatar match highlights day two of Asian U20 Championships
- Marte Hoffiz to preside Dominican Hall of Fame induction ceremony
- Day two set to begin at Asian U20 Men’s Championship
- Hosts Thailand up against Korea, Japan set cup 2012 final rematch with China in semi-finals of Asian Girls’ U17 Championship
- Peru and Dominican Republic open with victories
- Hong Kong outclass India in playoff of Asian Girls’ U17 Championship
- Lima ready for first edition of U20 Final Four
- Peru host U20 Final Four Gatorade Cup
- Japan aim to make it three in a row at 17th Asian Men's U20 Championship
- Hosts Thailand stun world champions China in Asian Girls’ U17 playoffs
- Halkbank clinch Turkish Super Cup crown
- Congo hosts fifth Volleyball festival
- Auckland completes VCP coaching on a high note
- Russia retain first place in European women's ranking
- Sixth edition of Denitza Krivova Memorial held in France
- JaVA look forward to increased participation in Developmental Volleyball Championship
- Wiener Städtische announced as Serbian League sponsor for ninth season
- China, Japan, Korea, Thailand send rivals packing at Asian Girls’ U17 Championship
- Hosts Thailand, Japan, China, Korea top their pools at Asian Girls’ U17 Championship
- President Medina congratulates Dominican women’s team
- Brazil win South American U22 Championship
- Benfica edge Castêlo to win Portuguese Supercup