Spanish Volleyball International Congress to feature well-known top-level coaches
Madrid, Spain, October 20, 2012 – The International Congress on Volleyball Training in Valladolid will focus the attention of volleyball fans in Spain next November, when some of the most renowned coaches in the world will travel to the Spanish city for three productive days of knowledge-sharing.
Marco Mencarelli of Italy and Argentinian Raul Lozano are two of the most experienced international coaches expected at the November training congress|
The city of Valladolid will host the eleventh edition of the Spanish International Congress on Volleyball Training November 2 to 4. High level international coaches, including Raul Lozano and Marco Mencarelli, as well as Spanish coaches Francisco Hervas, Fernando Muñoz and Ricardo Maldonado will participate.
The Argentine Raul Lozano, originally from the city of La Plata, is one of the most experienced and successful coaches on the international scene. He has successfully served in some of the top clubs and top national teams of the world, including Sisley Treviso, Lube Banca Macerata, Iveco Palermo, Iraklis Thessaloniki, and the national teams of Spain, Poland and Germany.
Italian Marco Mencarelli is the coach of the Junior Women's National Team of Italy. He has been responsible for the grass-root programmes of Italy’s teams, achieving a wide range of successes – most notably the 2011 FIVB Women's Junior World Championship and the CEV Women’s Junior European Championships in 2006, 2008 and 2010. Mencarelli has also coached the Italian women's national team, winning the Mediterranean Games in 2005.
The Congress will welcome the coach of Spain’s national men’s team, Fernando Muñoz. The Madrid-born coach will attend Valladolid having achieved third place in the 2012 CEV European League. He has also had a successful career with clubs includin Arkas Izmir, Eurosport Brutium Cosenza, Numancia Voley and Unicaja Almería.
Francisco Hervas is the coach of Spain’s women’s national team. He finished his first season with them by qualifying to play the 2013 CEV Women’s European Championship. Hervas, who was a legendary player in Spain, returned this season to lead the women's national team after coaching the national squad from 1997 to 2000 and taking a five-year stint directing the men’s national team.
Ricardo Maldonado completes the trio of Spanish national coaches participating in the Congress. The coach of Spain’s youth national team recently achieved one of the biggest successes of Spanish volleyball history, winning a silver medal in the 2012 CEV Junior European Championship. He also led the youth national team to a historic silver medal in 2011 FIVB Youth World Championship.
A large turnout of fans and volleyball professionals is expected in Valladolid for one of the most important development events held in Spain.
- Anderson announces break from volleyball
- Closing Ceremony ends IRCC in Zimbabwe
- Beach volleyball coaching course completed in Qatar
- Coaches course begins in Cameroon
- CEV President delighted at successful General Assembly
- Cool Volley takes off in Cordoba
- 2014 Fair Play Award presented to Romanian Beach Volleyballers Ordean and Melniciuc
- CEV launches “Green Way” campaign
- CEV announces organisers of European Championships
- CEV goes social, with new Twitter, Facebook accounts
- CEV and Mikasa extend their partnership for another four years
- CEV President reviews year of success for Europe’s Volleyball family
- CEV President opens XXXV General Assembly in Antalya
- Northern Marianas turn to Cool Volley for growth
- CEV BoA sends message of unity and cohesion on eve of XXXV General Assembly
- CAVB Referees Course ends in Burkina Faso
- ExCom meeting opens busy week for CEV
- Grankin inducted into elite Sergey Tetyukhin Club
- VakifBank adds Super Cup glory
- Myanmar hosts Technical Seminar
- Coaches course completed in Chennai
- Peru win gold medal at U20 Final Four Cup
- International coaches course begins in Costa Rica
- IRCC begins in Zimbabwe
- Cameroon hosts Teachers VCP
- Tomis sets up U13 department in neighbouring city of Tulcea
- Swedish women, Norwegian men take gold at U19 NEVZA Championships
- China and Korea clash top of agenda on day 3 of Asian U20 Championships
- Iran, Qatar match highlights day two of Asian U20 Championships
- Marte Hoffiz to preside Dominican Hall of Fame induction ceremony
- Day two set to begin at Asian U20 Men’s Championship
- Hosts Thailand up against Korea, Japan set cup 2012 final rematch with China in semi-finals of Asian Girls’ U17 Championship
- Peru and Dominican Republic open with victories
- Hong Kong outclass India in playoff of Asian Girls’ U17 Championship
- Lima ready for first edition of U20 Final Four
- Peru host U20 Final Four Gatorade Cup
- Japan aim to make it three in a row at 17th Asian Men's U20 Championship
- Hosts Thailand stun world champions China in Asian Girls’ U17 playoffs
- Halkbank clinch Turkish Super Cup crown
- Congo hosts fifth Volleyball festival
- Auckland completes VCP coaching on a high note
- Russia retain first place in European women's ranking
- Sixth edition of Denitza Krivova Memorial held in France
- JaVA look forward to increased participation in Developmental Volleyball Championship
- Wiener Städtische announced as Serbian League sponsor for ninth season
- China, Japan, Korea, Thailand send rivals packing at Asian Girls’ U17 Championship
- Hosts Thailand, Japan, China, Korea top their pools at Asian Girls’ U17 Championship
- President Medina congratulates Dominican women’s team
- Brazil win South American U22 Championship
- Benfica edge Castêlo to win Portuguese Supercup