Spanish Volleyball International Congress to feature well-known top-level coaches
Madrid, Spain, October 20, 2012 – The International Congress on Volleyball Training in Valladolid will focus the attention of volleyball fans in Spain next November, when some of the most renowned coaches in the world will travel to the Spanish city for three productive days of knowledge-sharing.
Marco Mencarelli of Italy and Argentinian Raul Lozano are two of the most experienced international coaches expected at the November training congress|
The city of Valladolid will host the eleventh edition of the Spanish International Congress on Volleyball Training November 2 to 4. High level international coaches, including Raul Lozano and Marco Mencarelli, as well as Spanish coaches Francisco Hervas, Fernando Muñoz and Ricardo Maldonado will participate.
The Argentine Raul Lozano, originally from the city of La Plata, is one of the most experienced and successful coaches on the international scene. He has successfully served in some of the top clubs and top national teams of the world, including Sisley Treviso, Lube Banca Macerata, Iveco Palermo, Iraklis Thessaloniki, and the national teams of Spain, Poland and Germany.
Italian Marco Mencarelli is the coach of the Junior Women's National Team of Italy. He has been responsible for the grass-root programmes of Italy’s teams, achieving a wide range of successes – most notably the 2011 FIVB Women's Junior World Championship and the CEV Women’s Junior European Championships in 2006, 2008 and 2010. Mencarelli has also coached the Italian women's national team, winning the Mediterranean Games in 2005.
The Congress will welcome the coach of Spain’s national men’s team, Fernando Muñoz. The Madrid-born coach will attend Valladolid having achieved third place in the 2012 CEV European League. He has also had a successful career with clubs includin Arkas Izmir, Eurosport Brutium Cosenza, Numancia Voley and Unicaja Almería.
Francisco Hervas is the coach of Spain’s women’s national team. He finished his first season with them by qualifying to play the 2013 CEV Women’s European Championship. Hervas, who was a legendary player in Spain, returned this season to lead the women's national team after coaching the national squad from 1997 to 2000 and taking a five-year stint directing the men’s national team.
Ricardo Maldonado completes the trio of Spanish national coaches participating in the Congress. The coach of Spain’s youth national team recently achieved one of the biggest successes of Spanish volleyball history, winning a silver medal in the 2012 CEV Junior European Championship. He also led the youth national team to a historic silver medal in 2011 FIVB Youth World Championship.
A large turnout of fans and volleyball professionals is expected in Valladolid for one of the most important development events held in Spain.
- Technical Seminar-VIS held in Indonesia in June
- India hosts Technical Seminar on Setting
- Ouagadougou hosts Level 1 Coaches Course
- Coaching assistance programme takes place in Haiti
- Level I Coaches Course completed in Tunisia
- Countdown begins to European Volleyball Gala and Champions League drawing of lots ceremony
- Senegal's Fatou signs two-year deal with Azerbaijani club
- Brazil win Men’s U21 Pan Am Cup
- Cuba and USA crowned in Punta Cana
- Germany show nerves of steel to claim first, historic European Games gold
- Turkey’s women claim gold at first ever European Games
- Germany and Bulgaria in final at Baku 2015 European Games
- Turkey upset 4,500 home fans at European Games
- Slovaks join young players in Bratislava
- Our Side of the Net project hits Novi Sad
- Poland to play Bulgaria in European Games semis, Germany take on Russia hoping to make amends for defeat in pool play
- School teachers attend course in US Virgin Islands
- Volleyball in the Pacific wraps up for 2015
- Poland, Serbia, Turkey and hosts Azerbaijan make European Games semis
- Kenya, Algeria turn attention to World Grand Prix
- Top band The Potbelleez to entertain Australia-Brazil crowds
- Latvia's Plavins and Regza take European Games gold
- Betschart and Eiholzer win 'Alpine derby' at European Games
- Azerbaijan edge Belgium in five sets at European Games
- Russia, Netherlands win five-setters at European Games
- Red Dragons take first European Games win in tiebreak thriller
- Poland take third tiebreak win at European Games
- Egypt holds successful Level II Coaches Course
- Bahrain hosts VIS Technical Seminar
- Level I VCP Coaches Course held in Bhutan
- Kenya and Algeria ready for Women's African Championship final
- Russia open fourth day of action at European Games with show of strength
- France get first victory at European Games
- Women's competition organised in Palestine
- New version of FIVB Referee Online Course launched
- Vanuatu hosts VCP Teachers Course
- Russia win thrilling European Games clash
- Turkey upset Serbia in European Games Pool A
- Serbia team show their support
- "Our side of the net" project gathers 400 children in Novi Sad
- 1,500 kids take part in Mini-Volleyball Day in Portugal
- Level I Coaches Course held in Cordoba, Argentina
- Dutch, German and Serbian teams start European Games in top form in pool B
- Italy down 'Yellow Tigers' in Pool A opener, Azerbaijan get the party started at Crystal Hall, Poland upset Turkey at European Games
- The European Games begin
- Philippines hosts successful VCP Beach Volleyball Grassroots Course
- Level II Coaches Course hosted in Cape Verde
- Turkish Volleyball Federation appoints TSE Consulting to facilitate long-term strategy development
- FIVB/CEV Volleyball Technical Seminars a huge success in England
- 700 youngsters enjoy Gira Volei in Alentejo