Volleyball will have a big role to play – President Graça
Lausanne, Switzerland, April 4, 2014 – FIVB President Dr. Ary S. Graça F° closed the 2014 Board of Administration meeting on Friday after a very successful and fruitful two days of discussions by praising the members for their dedication to developing volleyball and believing in the new direction the FIVB is heading.
“Thank you for a lot of things, but especially to be here. It is very important for us, everybody came, everybody participated. It was a satisfaction that almost all of you participated in our debates. This is very stimulating to see that you are committed with volleyball. You are here because you love volleyball. You are very busy people but you are here because you really love volleyball.
“It was a great surprise and emotional to receive your praise but most importantly, it is good to know and see that things are working. Nothing would happen without your help. Thank you for your words but without the help of the Confederation Presidents, the Board of Administration, the Executive Committee and all the Commissions that work very hard, it would be impossible to go anywhere.
“The same way you gave me good words, I’m saying the same to you because I feel you are all committed to volleyball. You are going to help the FIVB develop and in the few years we are going to be the second sport in the world, I believe in that.
“Together we can make a lot of things but people in the national federations must help themselves, by also asking for local support. However, we must be confident. The FIVB and volleyball is going to have a big role to play in the very near future.”
Earlier in the day, the FIVB Board of Administration members ratified the decisions of the Beach Volleyball Commission and Sports Events Council and approved the proposals of the Rules of the Game Commission, Refereeing Commission, TV & New Media Commission and the combined Rules of the Game Commission and Refereeing Commission including a new rules test – the block and the first contact - which will be conducted at the 2014 Beach Volleyball Age Group World Championships this year.
The meeting closed with the presentation of the activities of the Confederations, which continue to blossom under the new leadership of the FIVB.
The next FIVB Board of Administration meeting will take place on October 29, two days before the FIVB Congress, which will be held in Milan, Italy from October 31 to November 1.
OTHER FIVB NEWS
- Myanmar, Taiwan Power, Al-Arabi and Bank Sarmayeh top their pools at Asian Men's Club Championship
- Press review: Volleyball still making headlines after rumble in Rio
- Hosts Myanmar join strong teams for convincing wins on Day 1 at Asian Men’s Club Championship
- 16 days of Volleyball House activity ends in true Rio style
- FIVB delivers impressive sports presentation masterclass at Rio 2016 Olympic Games
- History makers and movers at the Volleyball House
- That's the way, ah ha, ah ha, we like it - FIVB surpasses 500,000 page likes on Facebook
- Argentina’s ‘Las Panteras’ take the Volleyball House by storm
- Lima and Conte demonstrate unifying power of volleyball
- Volleyball House a hit with AISTS students
- Athletes raise Volleyball House temperature
- FIVB Athletes’ Commission officially launched at Volleyball House
- Athlete takeover at Volleyball House
- FIVB lights up Copacabana with spectacular LED net display
- Volleyball technology wows former Brazilian stars
- VIDEO: Beach volleyball legend Randy Stoklos joins #CopaCourts fun
- Aussie rules at Volleyball House
- FIVB official partners enjoy the Rio Olympic experience at Volleyball House and #CopaCourts
- Ziraldo gives Volleyball House an ‘art attack’
- FIVB signs MoU with International Military Sports Council
- Copacabana evening rounds off memorable few days of Volleyball House visits
- President Graça welcomes Fuji TV to Volleyball House
- John Kerry leads dignitaries enjoying volleyball in Rio
- FIVB volleyball legends entertain crowds at showcase #CopaCourts
- FIVB volleyball courts open across Rio providing exciting activities for the whole family
- FIVB signs Memorandum of Understanding with International School Sport Federation
- VIDEO - Volleyball House opens its doors
- President Graça celebrates magnificent Rio 2016 Opening Ceremony
- Volleyball House opening lights up Copacabana
- Yellow Tiger Dirickx announces retirement
- Have your say and win!
- Perun Varna write history by claiming first club championship title in Bulgaria
- FIVB President Graça visits Olympians Reunion Centre Opening Ceremony
- FIVB President Graça officially opens volleyball development training centre in favela community
- Bulgaria awaits first ever club champion in beach volleyball
- FIVB stages Volleyball Your Way Festival in Rio
- Argentine men overcome Mexico 3-0 in Olympic warm-up
- Dominicans win NORCECA U20, earn ticket for 2017 World Championship
- Poland finish World Champs qualifier with clean record and five straight wins
- Turkey and Italy secure ticket to #FIVBWomensU23 World Champs
- Brazil wins second U23 Women’s South American title
- Poland claim ‘big match’ with Italy, both teams secure ticket to #FIVBMensU23
- Bulgaria, Turkey, Italy to fight for ticket to #FIVBWomensU23
- Turkey end Italy’s winning streak at #FIVBWomensU23 qualifier
- Poland, Italy make it three in a row at #FIVBMensU23 qualifier
- Copa Courts to celebrate volleyball in all its forms
- Volleyball Your Way movement to take over Madureira
- President Graça applauds growth of FIVB World League
- Volleyball House continues preparation for Rio 2016
- Volleyball athletes speak out in support of their Russian counterparts