FIVB President inspires CSV members
Maceió, Brazil, March 15, 2013 – The 67th Congress of the South American Volleyball Confederation (CSV) was held in Maceió, a northeastern coastal city of Brazil on Friday, with a total of 10 countries out of 12 participating and FIVB President Dr. Ary S. Graça F° invited as a special guest.
FIVB President Dr. Ary S. Graça F° told the CSV members that they must seize the opportunity and present sports development projects from your country to the FIVB for support
The FIVB President acknowledged the warm welcome of the CSV members and, in an effort to ensure that CSV maintains its recent growth of the past few years, encouraged them to be increasingly proactive in the promotion and development of volleyball in the region.
"In the few trips I have made since becoming FIVB President, all development projects submitted have, not only been approved, but also received funding,” Dr. Graça said. “This was the example of Sudan, Ethiopia and Algeria. Italy will take care of these countries by sending coaches and second hand equipment. Serbia is responsible for 12 countries in the Balkans and we continue to divide the world into specific areas where the more developed federations can help their neighbours. You must seize the opportunity and present sports development projects from your country to the FIVB for support."
CSV President Rafael Lloreda thanked the federations for their work carried out over the past year and listed the proposals from the previous day’s Executive Committee meeting.
The proposals approved included introducing additional training to eliminate the shortcomings in the areas of refereeing and coaches, while also confirming the structure of the South America volleyball and beach volleyball calendar for 2013, including four stops which will be part of the qualification process for the Youth Olympic Games 2014, although the locations are still to be confirmed.
President Lloreda stressed the need for greater promotion of beach volleyball throughout the continent. "We are negotiating with television sponsors for beach volleyball. Today, the South American circuit is broadcasted by Directv in all countries, but we would like to have more disclosure and we need the work and collaboration of you all."
The meeting concluded with President Lloreda congratulating the Uruguay Federation for completing 98 years of existence on the very day of the meeting while also confirming a decision of three years ago, which confirmed that CSV will participate in the South American Games with youth national teams.
OTHER FIVB NEWS
- Myanmar, Taiwan Power, Al-Arabi and Bank Sarmayeh top their pools at Asian Men's Club Championship
- Press review: Volleyball still making headlines after rumble in Rio
- Hosts Myanmar join strong teams for convincing wins on Day 1 at Asian Men’s Club Championship
- 16 days of Volleyball House activity ends in true Rio style
- FIVB delivers impressive sports presentation masterclass at Rio 2016 Olympic Games
- History makers and movers at the Volleyball House
- That's the way, ah ha, ah ha, we like it - FIVB surpasses 500,000 page likes on Facebook
- Argentina’s ‘Las Panteras’ take the Volleyball House by storm
- Lima and Conte demonstrate unifying power of volleyball
- Volleyball House a hit with AISTS students
- Athletes raise Volleyball House temperature
- FIVB Athletes’ Commission officially launched at Volleyball House
- Athlete takeover at Volleyball House
- FIVB lights up Copacabana with spectacular LED net display
- Volleyball technology wows former Brazilian stars
- VIDEO: Beach volleyball legend Randy Stoklos joins #CopaCourts fun
- Aussie rules at Volleyball House
- FIVB official partners enjoy the Rio Olympic experience at Volleyball House and #CopaCourts
- Ziraldo gives Volleyball House an ‘art attack’
- FIVB signs MoU with International Military Sports Council
- Copacabana evening rounds off memorable few days of Volleyball House visits
- President Graça welcomes Fuji TV to Volleyball House
- John Kerry leads dignitaries enjoying volleyball in Rio
- FIVB volleyball legends entertain crowds at showcase #CopaCourts
- FIVB volleyball courts open across Rio providing exciting activities for the whole family
- FIVB signs Memorandum of Understanding with International School Sport Federation
- VIDEO - Volleyball House opens its doors
- President Graça celebrates magnificent Rio 2016 Opening Ceremony
- Volleyball House opening lights up Copacabana
- Yellow Tiger Dirickx announces retirement
- Have your say and win!
- Perun Varna write history by claiming first club championship title in Bulgaria
- FIVB President Graça visits Olympians Reunion Centre Opening Ceremony
- FIVB President Graça officially opens volleyball development training centre in favela community
- Bulgaria awaits first ever club champion in beach volleyball
- FIVB stages Volleyball Your Way Festival in Rio
- Argentine men overcome Mexico 3-0 in Olympic warm-up
- Dominicans win NORCECA U20, earn ticket for 2017 World Championship
- Poland finish World Champs qualifier with clean record and five straight wins
- Turkey and Italy secure ticket to #FIVBWomensU23 World Champs
- Brazil wins second U23 Women’s South American title
- Poland claim ‘big match’ with Italy, both teams secure ticket to #FIVBMensU23
- Bulgaria, Turkey, Italy to fight for ticket to #FIVBWomensU23
- Turkey end Italy’s winning streak at #FIVBWomensU23 qualifier
- Poland, Italy make it three in a row at #FIVBMensU23 qualifier
- Copa Courts to celebrate volleyball in all its forms
- Volleyball Your Way movement to take over Madureira
- President Graça applauds growth of FIVB World League
- Volleyball House continues preparation for Rio 2016
- Volleyball athletes speak out in support of their Russian counterparts