Accreditation process opens for FIVB Women's World Championship Italy 2014
Lausanne, Switzerland, July 10, 2014 - The accreditation process for the FIVB Volleyball Women's World Championship Italy 2014 is now officially open. Journalists who have previously successfully registered through the FIVB's online accreditation system can log in to request accreditation here.
The accreditation process for the FIVB Volleyball Women's World Championship opens today|
For journalists who have not previously registered inside the FIVB's online accreditation system, they will need to follow the steps here.
Please refer to the User Reference Guide for more information. The guide provides a detailed description of how to fill in the online form and how to navigate and apply for accreditation once you have received your login details.
A total of 24 teams will compete for the title in the FIVB Volleyball Women's World Championship Italy 2014 which will take place from September 23 to October 12, 2014. The host country has automatically qualified for the quadriennal event, and the other 23 vacancies were determined through qualifying tournaments held within the five FIVB Confederations (AVC, CAVB, CEV, CSV and NORCECA).
A total of 141 teams played in the women’s world championship qualification process.
The 24 teams will be spread across four pools of six teams playing in a round-robin system, with the top four teams advancing to a second round of preliminary matches featuring two pools of eight teams. The top three teams from the two second-round pools will advance to the third round with the winners placed in each pool, while the second and third will be drawn. The third and Final Round will also consist of a round-robin system, with the top two teams of each pool advancing to the semifinals before the Final Round takes place in Milan on October 12. The third ranked teams will be tied for fifth place.
Visit the official website for more information: FIVB Volleyball Women’s World Championship Italy 2014
Other FIVB news
- Brazil defeat Canada before trip to France
- Teams aim to take their game a notch higher in Komaki
- Self-belief and hard work result in gold for Russia
- Honda presents FIVB with new CR-V
- Peru to warm up in the Dominican Republic
- Molero hired to coach Puerto Rico's U20 Women's team
- Teams travel from Sendai and Okayama to Nagoya
- VOTE: Rio 2016 dreams on the line
- As It Happened - FIVB Volleyball Women's World Cup Japan 2015 - Day 8
- USA, Russia, China, Serbia keep 7-1 win-loss cards on Day 8
- Six teams confirmed for Men's Club World Championship
- USA whitewash Cuba 3-0 to lead World Cup title race
- Favourites gear up for Men's World Cup
- U18 world champion Egonu an ambassador for the new Italy
- Canada coach Barrett: 'We are happy to arrive early'
- As It Happened - FIVB Volleyball Women's World Cup Japan 2015 - Day 7
- Serbia score huge upset on Russia on World Cup Day 7
- As It Happened - FIVB Volleyball Women's World Cup Japan 2015 - Day 6
- Brazil claim final USAV Cup win
- Russia and USA stay on top at start of World Cup second round
- Win with the #VabochanChallenge
- Teams expect tough competition in Sendai
- Cuba, Italy and Russia book semifinal tickets at Men's U23 World Championship
- Blengini and Juantorena claim win in run-up to World Cup
- Expectations rise as U21 World Championship nears
- Cuban captain says volleyball made dream come true
- As It Happened - FIVB Volleyball Women's World Cup Japan 2015 - Day 5
- Russia top World Cup first round rankings
- Nine clubs to compete for Asian title
- USAV Cup hosts claim first win
- Russia, Cuba, Italy and Turkey secure top 8 spots at Men's U23
- Top favourites succeed in Day 4 of World Cup
- As It Happened - FIVB Volleyball Women's World Cup Japan 2015 - Day 4
- Hosts concede second defeat to Brazil in USAV Cup
- Poland celebrates first U19 World Championship title
- Russia win clash of Titans at Men's U23 World Championship
- Men's U21 World Championship match schedule now online
- USA lose to Brazil in USAV Cup opener
- Poland defeat France in Wagner Cup
- As It Happened - FIVB Volleyball Women's World Cup Japan 2015 - Day 3
- Favourites start victorious at Men's U23 World Championship
- VOTE: Will Russia get their reward?
- Russia stand as lone unbeaten team on Day 3 of World Cup
- Follow the Men's U23 World Championship in the United Arab Emirates
- As It Happened - FIVB Volleyball Women's World Cup Japan 2015 - Day 2
- Coaches name Brazil, Russia and Italy as Men's U23 favourites
- China and Russia score back-to-back wins on Day 2 of World Cup
- As It Happened - FIVB Volleyball Women's World Cup Japan 2015 - Day 1
- Russia, Cuba, USA, China, Peru and Japan seal victories in World Cup opener
- Taichung Bank capture maiden Asian Men’s Club title