Novi Sad hosts volleyball exhibition
Novi Sad, Serbia, June 27, 2014 - Novi Sad's Square of Liberty hosted a tournament organised by VC "Vojvodina NS Seme" and Novi Sad's volleyball school. A large number of spectators watched eight finalist teams from Novi Sad's Youth Boys and Girls Municipal Championship, before Serbia's men's team took centre stage for an exhibition match.
Novi Sad hosted a tournament organised by VC "Vojvodina NS Seme" and Novi Sad's volleyball school|
The national team also gave away t-shirts, uniforms, volleyballs, hats, and special gifts prepared in cooperation with the Vip mobile company, who are sponsors of the Volleyball Federation of Serbia. The Volleyball Federation of Serbia also used the tournament to promote its social awareness programme, called "Volleyball Connects at City Squares".
The citizens of Novi Sad enthusiastically welcomed Serbia's men's team to the Square of Liberty. Onlookers included Mr Predrag Svilar, Municipal Secretary for Youth and Sports of the City of Novi Sad, Mrs Howyda Mondy, FIVB Supervisor, Mr Simone Santi and Mr Frans Loderus, international referees, Mr. Zoran Avramovic, Marketing Director at the Volleyball Federation of Serbia, Mr Nikola Salatic, Director at VC "Vojvodina NS Seme", and Mr Nikola Maric, Sports Director at VC "Vojvodina NS Seme".
"The event demonstrated that volleyball is really for everyone and that it connects people in the best possible way. This is great. If you see the happiness on the children's faces, your heart is filled with joy and excitement. Keep up with the good work and keep the ball flying," said Mrs Howyda Mondy, FIVB Supervisor.
"This was the best possible invitation for volleyball fans in Novi Sad to come and see the World League matches between Serbia and Bulgaria. But, the most important thing is that our national team players are always willing to participate in this kind of event, and that they are trying their best to make children happy and to let their fans interact with them. Of course, with the addition of some great gifts we prepared in cooperation with our general sponsor - Vip mobile company - I can say that this was a wonderful night," said Mr Zoran Avramovic, Marketing Director of the Volleyball Federation of Serbia.
The complete photo gallery is available here.
Serbia will play this weekend's FIVB Volleyball World League matches against Bulgaria on Friday, June 27 from 20.00 CET in Novi Sad, and on Sunday, June 29, also from 20.00 CET, in the City of Niš.
Other FIVB news
- VOTE: Rio 2016 dreams on the line
- USA, Russia, China, Serbia keep 7-1 win-loss cards on Day 8
- USA whitewash Cuba 3-0 to lead World Cup title race
- Favourites gear up for Men's World Cup
- U18 world champion Egonu an ambassador for the new Italy
- Canada coach Barrett: 'We are happy to arrive early'
- As It Happened - FIVB Volleyball Women's World Cup Japan 2015 - Day 7
- LIVE - FIVB Volleyball Women's World Cup Japan 2015 - Day 8
- Serbia score huge upset on Russia on World Cup Day 7
- As It Happened - FIVB Volleyball Women's World Cup Japan 2015 - Day 6
- Brazil claim final USAV Cup win
- Russia and USA stay on top at start of World Cup second round
- Win with the #VabochanChallenge
- Teams expect tough competition in Sendai
- Cuba, Italy and Russia book semifinal tickets at Men's U23 World Championship
- Blengini and Juantorena claim win in run-up to World Cup
- Expectations rise as U21 World Championship nears
- Cuban captain says volleyball made dream come true
- As It Happened - FIVB Volleyball Women's World Cup Japan 2015 - Day 5
- Russia top World Cup first round rankings
- Nine clubs to compete for Asian title
- USAV Cup hosts claim first win
- Russia, Cuba, Italy and Turkey secure top 8 spots at Men's U23
- Top favourites succeed in Day 4 of World Cup
- As It Happened - FIVB Volleyball Women's World Cup Japan 2015 - Day 4
- Hosts concede second defeat to Brazil in USAV Cup
- Poland celebrates first U19 World Championship title
- Russia win clash of Titans at Men's U23 World Championship
- Men's U21 World Championship match schedule now online
- USA lose to Brazil in USAV Cup opener
- Poland defeat France in Wagner Cup
- As It Happened - FIVB Volleyball Women's World Cup Japan 2015 - Day 3
- Favourites start victorious at Men's U23 World Championship
- VOTE: Will Russia get their reward?
- Russia stand as lone unbeaten team on Day 3 of World Cup
- Follow the Men's U23 World Championship in the United Arab Emirates
- As It Happened - FIVB Volleyball Women's World Cup Japan 2015 - Day 2
- Coaches name Brazil, Russia and Italy as Men's U23 favourites
- China and Russia score back-to-back wins on Day 2 of World Cup
- As It Happened - FIVB Volleyball Women's World Cup Japan 2015 - Day 1
- Russia, Cuba, USA, China, Peru and Japan seal victories in World Cup opener
- Taichung Bank capture maiden Asian Men’s Club title
- Wagner Cup coaches putting on finishing touches ahead of World Cup
- The future is bright for Women's U23 champions Brazil
- Teams in Tokyo all set for World Cup opening day
- VOTE: Top of the class?
- Rising star Souza takes Brazil forward
- Walking in illustrious footsteps
- Taichung Bank and Al Arabi ready for Asian Men’s Club Championship final
- Moim expects Kenya to surprise