Novi Sad hosts volleyball exhibition
Novi Sad, Serbia, June 27, 2014 - Novi Sad's Square of Liberty hosted a tournament organised by VC "Vojvodina NS Seme" and Novi Sad's volleyball school. A large number of spectators watched eight finalist teams from Novi Sad's Youth Boys and Girls Municipal Championship, before Serbia's men's team took centre stage for an exhibition match.
Novi Sad hosted a tournament organised by VC "Vojvodina NS Seme" and Novi Sad's volleyball school|
The national team also gave away t-shirts, uniforms, volleyballs, hats, and special gifts prepared in cooperation with the Vip mobile company, who are sponsors of the Volleyball Federation of Serbia. The Volleyball Federation of Serbia also used the tournament to promote its social awareness programme, called "Volleyball Connects at City Squares".
The citizens of Novi Sad enthusiastically welcomed Serbia's men's team to the Square of Liberty. Onlookers included Mr Predrag Svilar, Municipal Secretary for Youth and Sports of the City of Novi Sad, Mrs Howyda Mondy, FIVB Supervisor, Mr Simone Santi and Mr Frans Loderus, international referees, Mr. Zoran Avramovic, Marketing Director at the Volleyball Federation of Serbia, Mr Nikola Salatic, Director at VC "Vojvodina NS Seme", and Mr Nikola Maric, Sports Director at VC "Vojvodina NS Seme".
"The event demonstrated that volleyball is really for everyone and that it connects people in the best possible way. This is great. If you see the happiness on the children's faces, your heart is filled with joy and excitement. Keep up with the good work and keep the ball flying," said Mrs Howyda Mondy, FIVB Supervisor.
"This was the best possible invitation for volleyball fans in Novi Sad to come and see the World League matches between Serbia and Bulgaria. But, the most important thing is that our national team players are always willing to participate in this kind of event, and that they are trying their best to make children happy and to let their fans interact with them. Of course, with the addition of some great gifts we prepared in cooperation with our general sponsor - Vip mobile company - I can say that this was a wonderful night," said Mr Zoran Avramovic, Marketing Director of the Volleyball Federation of Serbia.
The complete photo gallery is available here.
Serbia will play this weekend's FIVB Volleyball World League matches against Bulgaria on Friday, June 27 from 20.00 CET in Novi Sad, and on Sunday, June 29, also from 20.00 CET, in the City of Niš.
Other FIVB news
- Four qualify for U21 World Championship at Asian U20s
- "World champs show volleyball is still growing" says Sykora
- “Iron Hammer” takes heart from encouraging new start
- Grankin inducted into elite Sergey Tetyukhin Club
- MVP award crowns Wlazly's persistence
- Qatar, Taipei complete final eight at Asian U20 champs
- Japan, Thailand bag crucial wins to reach Asian U20 quarterfinals
- Peru win gold medal at U20 Final Four Cup
- Tomis sets up U13 department in neighbouring city of Tulcea
- Swedish women, Norwegian men take gold at U19 NEVZA Championships
- "Unpredictable" World Championship impresses Zorzi
- Japan beat hosts Thailand to retain Asian Girls’ U17 crown
- China show dominance on third day of Asian U20 champs
- Four teams bettered previous bests at Italy 2014
- Peru to meet Argentina for the gold at U20 Final Four
- China and Korea clash top of agenda on day 3 of Asian U20 Championships
- Japan, hosts Thailand set up final showdown in Asian Girls’ U17 Championship
- Peru overcome Cuba to stay undefeated at U20 Cup
- Hosts Thailand up against Korea, Japan set cup 2012 final rematch with China in semi-finals of Asian Girls’ U17 Championship
- Peru and Dominican Republic open with victories
- MVP Hill shares World Championship glory
- Hong Kong outclass India in playoff of Asian Girls’ U17 Championship
- Watch: Hill, Zeng lead teams during impressive FIVB Women's WCH final
- Peru host U20 Final Four Gatorade Cup
- Japan aim to make it three in a row at 17th Asian Men's U20 Championship
- Volleyball Tracking System offers new insight for fans
- Hosts Thailand stun world champions China in Asian Girls’ U17 playoffs
- Russia retain first place in European women's ranking
- Panoramic view provides unique souvenir of Women's World Championship final in Milan
- Sixth edition of Denitza Krivova Memorial held in France
- China, Japan, Korea, Thailand send rivals packing at Asian Girls’ U17 Championship
- Hosts Thailand, Japan, China, Korea top their pools at Asian Girls’ U17 Championship
- President Medina congratulates Dominican women’s team
- World champions USA claim top spot in women's ranking
- Brazil win South American U22 Championship
- Chinese Taipei suffer first loss at Asian Girls’ U17 Championship
- FIVB selects Rosetta Stone to enhance communication among athletes and referees
- FIVB Women's World Championship - Final Day - As It Happened
- USA's Kim Hill honoured with World Championship MVP award
- Golden moment closes World Championship
- USA win first World Championship title, China and Brazil complete the podium
- Cuba top U23 Men’s Pan Am Cup
- Who will be the Most Valuable Player at the 2014 World Championship?
- Coaches Lang Ping and Kiraly, star players 30 years ago, face off in title match
- More history to be decided in Finals
- USA and China to meet in World Championship final
- USA and China to battle for gold at FIVB Women’s World Championship
- FIVB Women's World Championship - Day 19 - As It Happened
- Strong start for competition favourites at Asian Girls’ U17 Championship in Thailand
- Volleyball and art collide for a great cause in Milan