Novi Sad hosts volleyball exhibition
Novi Sad, Serbia, June 27, 2014 - Novi Sad's Square of Liberty hosted a tournament organised by VC "Vojvodina NS Seme" and Novi Sad's volleyball school. A large number of spectators watched eight finalist teams from Novi Sad's Youth Boys and Girls Municipal Championship, before Serbia's men's team took centre stage for an exhibition match.
Novi Sad hosted a tournament organised by VC "Vojvodina NS Seme" and Novi Sad's volleyball school|
The national team also gave away t-shirts, uniforms, volleyballs, hats, and special gifts prepared in cooperation with the Vip mobile company, who are sponsors of the Volleyball Federation of Serbia. The Volleyball Federation of Serbia also used the tournament to promote its social awareness programme, called "Volleyball Connects at City Squares".
The citizens of Novi Sad enthusiastically welcomed Serbia's men's team to the Square of Liberty. Onlookers included Mr Predrag Svilar, Municipal Secretary for Youth and Sports of the City of Novi Sad, Mrs Howyda Mondy, FIVB Supervisor, Mr Simone Santi and Mr Frans Loderus, international referees, Mr. Zoran Avramovic, Marketing Director at the Volleyball Federation of Serbia, Mr Nikola Salatic, Director at VC "Vojvodina NS Seme", and Mr Nikola Maric, Sports Director at VC "Vojvodina NS Seme".
"The event demonstrated that volleyball is really for everyone and that it connects people in the best possible way. This is great. If you see the happiness on the children's faces, your heart is filled with joy and excitement. Keep up with the good work and keep the ball flying," said Mrs Howyda Mondy, FIVB Supervisor.
"This was the best possible invitation for volleyball fans in Novi Sad to come and see the World League matches between Serbia and Bulgaria. But, the most important thing is that our national team players are always willing to participate in this kind of event, and that they are trying their best to make children happy and to let their fans interact with them. Of course, with the addition of some great gifts we prepared in cooperation with our general sponsor - Vip mobile company - I can say that this was a wonderful night," said Mr Zoran Avramovic, Marketing Director of the Volleyball Federation of Serbia.
The complete photo gallery is available here.
Serbia will play this weekend's FIVB Volleyball World League matches against Bulgaria on Friday, June 27 from 20.00 CET in Novi Sad, and on Sunday, June 29, also from 20.00 CET, in the City of Niš.
Other FIVB news
- FIVB Volleyball World Grand Prix, Day 3: Peru enjoys perfect opening weekend, Kazakhstan also three-from-three
- FIVB Volleyball World League week 7: Atanasijevic hammers Serbia to five-set win against Italy, Poland win in Tehran on day 22
- Getting Social: FIVB Beach Volleyball World Championships 2015 Day 4
- Germany show nerves of steel to claim first, historic European Games gold
- Peru go 2-0 on Day 2 of World Grand Prix; Kenya fight back to beat Mexico
- Brazil, USA, Netherlands and Belgium win on road in World League
- VIDEO: President Graça shows how to #VolleyballYourWay
- Shimizu, Ishikawa nearly help Japan upset France
- Turkey’s women claim gold at first ever European Games
- Germany and Bulgaria in final at Baku 2015 European Games
- Cuba, Kazakhstan, Peru and Colombia celebrate opening day with wins in World Grand Prix
- Czech Republic, Iran, Serbia and Argentina produce home victories on Day 20
- FIVB World League Week 7 - As It Happened
- Video: Former and current players celebrate 15th year anniversary of Serbia's Olympic gold medal triumph
- Media Guide released for exciting FIVB Volleyball World Grand Prix
- Turkey upset 4,500 home fans at European Games
- Slovaks join young players in Bratislava
- Holubec thanks fans for their support
- Draw maps out U21 World Championship
- FAN VOTE: Your play of week five
- Russia and USA meet in World League 'Match of the Week', live on YouTube
- Edgar leads Volleyroos in Group 1 challenge
- Kovac: "It will be very difficult to win"
- Group 3 travels to Taldykorgan for FIVB World Grand Prix opening weekend
- Poland to play Bulgaria in European Games semis, Germany take on Russia hoping to make amends for defeat in pool play
- Australia and Brazil not worried about fatigue
- Australia ready for improved World Grand Prix performance
- Men's U21 World Championship draw to take place in Tijuana
- Draw held in Argentina for U19 World Championship
- Finland know World League target
- World Grand Prix preview: Six-week, record-breaking spectacle kicks off in Mexico and Kazakhstan
- World League Week 7 Preview: France aim to equal Dutch record
- Poland, Serbia, Turkey and hosts Azerbaijan make European Games semis
- Australia brace for big showdown with Brazil in Sydney
- Montenegro lead the way in Group 3
- FAN VOTE: Your play of week six
- USA and China to renew rivalry at World Cup
- Eliminating language barriers: The evolution of volleyball Olympic pictograms
- Kenya, Algeria turn attention to World Grand Prix
- World League Week 6 review
- Top band The Potbelleez to entertain Australia-Brazil crowds
- Olympic and World champions to meet in World Cup
- FIVB World League Week 6 - As It Happened
- USA win third crown in four years at Pan Am Cup
- Puerto Rico and Venezuela record their first victories in the World League 2015
- France well on their way to chase record consecutive wins
- Kenya beat Algeria for ninth African women's crown
- Kenya, Algeria to fight for African women's crown
- FIVB President supports kids at Mini Volleyball event in Greece
- Azerbaijan edge Belgium in five sets at European Games