Bari’s Organising Committee promotes Women's World Championship in New York
Bari, Italy, June 23, 2014 – The FIVB Volleyball Women’s World Championship Italy 2014 will take place in six cities, including Bari. On Friday, representatives of Bari's Local Organising Committee
traveled to New York to meet with tour operators, promote the
Championship and the region of Apulia.
Members of the Local Organising Committee traveled to New York to promote the FIVB Volleyball Women's World Championship Italy 2014, which will stop in the capital city of Apulia in September |
Bari, the capital city of Apulia, which is known internationally for its beautiful landscapes, cultural heritage and delicious food, will host matches in this year's volleyball highlight from September 23 through to October 5. The city will be the venue for matches in preliminary round pool D, which features the national teams of Azerbaijan, Belgium, China, Cuba, Japan, and Puerto Rico.
Tickets to the matches from September 23-28 went on sale ten days ago. Fans who would like to buy tickets for single matches or for a complete afternoon session on a given competition day are invited to visit the following website: www.ticketone.it
The Local Organising Committee in Bari has also promoted the World Championship extensively on social media, combining campaigns on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. The Facebook page has collected 2,300 likes, while the Twitter account has also drawn attention from volleyball fans overseas, with messages featuring the official hashtag #barivolley2014.
A special website has been set up for the event at www.barivolley2014.it, which also includes “instagrammed” photos by volleyball fans enthusiastically looking forward to the Championship.
Other FIVB news
- DO NOT PUBLISH Win with the #VabochanChallenge
- Teams expect tough competition in Sendai
- Cuba, Italy and Russia book semifinal tickets at Men's U23 World Championship
- New Italy coach Blengini and Juantorena claim win in run-up to World Cup
- Expectations rise as U21 World Championship nears
- Cuban captain says volleyball made dream come true
- As It Happened - FIVB Volleyball Women's World Cup Japan 2015 - Day 5
- Russia top World Cup first round rankings
- Nine clubs to compete for Asian title
- USAV Cup hosts claim first win
- Russia, Cuba, Italy and Turkey secure top 8 spots at Men's U23
- Top favourites succeed in Day 4 of World Cup
- As It Happened - FIVB Volleyball Women's World Cup Japan 2015 - Day 4
- Hosts concede second defeat to Brazil in USAV Cup
- Poland celebrates first U19 World Championship title
- Russia win clash of Titans at Men's U23 World Championship
- Men's U21 World Championship match schedule now online
- USA lose to Brazil in USAV Cup opener
- Poland defeat France in Wagner Cup
- As It Happened - FIVB Volleyball Women's World Cup Japan 2015 - Day 3
- Favourites start victorious at Men's U23 World Championship
- VOTE: Will Russia get their reward?
- Russia stand as lone unbeaten team on Day 3 of World Cup
- Follow the Men's U23 World Championship in the United Arab Emirates
- As It Happened - FIVB Volleyball Women's World Cup Japan 2015 - Day 2
- Coaches name Brazil, Russia and Italy as Men's U23 favourites
- China and Russia score back-to-back wins on Day 2 of World Cup
- As It Happened - FIVB Volleyball Women's World Cup Japan 2015 - Day 1
- Russia, Cuba, USA, China, Peru and Japan seal victories in World Cup opener
- Taichung Bank capture maiden Asian Men’s Club title
- Wagner Cup coaches putting on finishing touches ahead of World Cup
- The future is bright for Women's U23 champions Brazil
- Teams in Tokyo all set for World Cup opening day
- VOTE: Top of the class?
- Rising star Souza takes Brazil forward
- Walking in illustrious footsteps
- Taichung Bank and Al Arabi ready for Asian Men’s Club Championship final
- Moim expects Kenya to surprise
- Experienced hosts welcome Men's U23 World Championship
- VOTE: Japan on track for a podium place?
- Arakida: “We aim to develop the best teamwork in the world”
- Hosts Taichung Bank join Paykan, Pavlodar, Al Arabi in semifinals of Asian Men’s Club Championship
- Local Organising Committee prepare Men's U21 World Championship
- Olympic Games places on line in Japan at Women’s World Cup
- #NoiSiamoNoi: Prime Minister Renzi celebrates U18 world champions
- VOTE: Who will win the Women's World Cup?
- 2016 World Grand Prix draw results announced
- Draw held for new World League format
- Brazil win gold medal at Men’s Pan Am Cup
- Hosts Taichung Bank and powerhouses Paykan still in contention for Asian Men’s Club crown