Social media brings Serbia players and fans closer together
Aleksandar Atanasijevic and Serbia are currently second in Pool B behind the USA|
Belgrade, Serbia, June 18, 2014 – Serbia’s volleyball fans have been getting to know their heroes in the men’s national team in a previously unseen way, thanks to social media and in particular Twitter.
While away playing the USA in Chicago Aleksandar Atanasijevic took part in an exclusive Q&A session with fans via Twitter.
During a 24-hour promotional campaign on Twitter, fans from around the world were able to submit questions to the opposite using #AskBata. More than 110 questions were sent to Atanasijevic, who was available for an hour to answer fans’ questions.
It is part of the Serbian Volleyball Federation’s commitment to continue their development of social media communication as a way of bringing the players closer to their fans around the globe.
Here are some highlights of Atanasijevic’s “Twitterview.”
@Zoka3130 #AskBata What was the best day of your life?
AA: When we won youth world championship gold medal in Italy!
@Dani1517T How was your stay in Poland? Would you like to come back here if you had the opportunity? #AskBata
AA: I like Poland so much :) I had the best moments of my volleyball career there and I can’t wait to be back for the world champs!
@Alma_aleks #AskBata tell us about the days you were in Iran for World League. What did you do?! Do you like this country?
AA: Iran fans are amazing - one of the best experiences in my life. I hope to go back to Iran to play new matches!
@AdsVolley who is your best friend in national team? #AskBata
AA: We have great atmosphere in the team. If I have to choose, I will pick up Majstorovic, our new libero. Crazy guy!!!!!
@Atanasijevic14 #AskBata What is your life motto?
AA: Never give up and fight until the end
@Lexie_NY #AskBata The hardest thing on the court for you is?
AA: Accepting that I will lose
@PaulinaaaD #AskBata Who is your inspiration?
AA: Ivan Miljkovic has been a great source of inspiration
@iva_ds87 What was the most useful thing Andrija Geric taught the team on the mental strength course? Did you enjoy it? #AskBata
AA: Great that you know that Andrija is our mental coach! Every day he tells us useful things!
Atanasijevic is followed by over 15,600 fans on his official Twitter account @AAtanasijevic, while the Serbia Volleyball Federation can be followed on @ossrb, where fans will be the first to hear news and see exclusive behind the scenes photos.
Other FIVB news
- Japan to host its first-ever FIVB Volleyball Women’s Club World Championship in Kobe
- Eczacibasi celebrate golden anniversary ahead of Club Worlds
- Iran capture third AVC Cup title after comeback win over China
- Preparations in full swing at PSL Manila
- Galaxy of Olympic stars in 2016-17 Brazil Superleagues
- Iran, China to clash in final of Men's AVC Cup
- 2017 World Grand Prix and World League websites launched
- Bidding process opened for 2017 Men's Club World Championship
- Iran, Japan, China, Chinese Taipei reach AVC Cup semifinals
- 2017 World League Finals bidding process launched
- Angela Leyva in rising orbit ahead of 2017 World Grand Prix Group 2
- World Championship beckons for Dominican Republic, Argentina and Cuba after U23 Pan Am Cup
- Ahead of 2017 Grand Prix European squads excel in continental qualifiers
- Trentino 4th in Italian Supercup ahead of Club Worlds
- World League hopefuls all advance to European Championship finals
- China, Iran top preliminary-round pools in AVC Cup
- Ze Roberto to stay on as coach of Brazil women's team
- Change of guard for Venezuela's men's National Team after departure of Nacci
- One month on, Rio in our hearts
- China confirm Olympic supremacy with Asian Cup title
- Men's Club World Championship takes on Olympic flavour as rosters are unveiled
- Looking back: China win Olympic gold
- Mauritian Volleyball League sees two first-time champions
- Japan, Thailand top pools at AVC Cup for Women
- Kenia Carcaces back at Volero Zürich
- Giovane Gavio happy to be coaching Brazil U-21 team
- 2017 World Grand Prix draw completed - Olympic champions China to play silver medallists Serbia in Week 3
- Increase in teams and record prize money headlines World Grand Prix Council meeting
- Referee preparation programme praised
- President Graça hails successful World Grand Prix Finals in Thailand
- FIVB Volleyball House wins award for best hospitality house of Olympic Games in Legacy category
- Olympic final rematch confirmed as 2017 World League draw completed
- We must continue our exceptional growth - President Graça
- Quality and consistency key to success of a global World League
- Rio 2016 stars to descend on Manila for Club World Champs
- Argentina win U23 Men’s Pan American Cup
- Argentina and Cuba to play for gold in Men's U23 Pan Am Cup
- Semifinals set in Men’s U23 Pan American Cup
- Volleyball Australia prepares for Tokyo 2020 Olympic cycle
- FIVB survey translated into five languages
- Smashed, tied, revised or still standing: The Records of Rio 2016
- Dominican Republic win NORCECA U18 title in dramatic fashion
- Pools and schedule outlined for Men's Club World Champs
- Trentino, UPCN and Bolivar join top teams at Men’s Club World Champs
- Argentina, Cuba get direct access to Men's U23 Pan Am Cup semifinals
- Chile, Cuba and Colombia get solid victories at Men's U23 Pan Am Cup
- A month after opening, Brazil still bask in Rio 2016 gold glory
- One month after first serve, memories of Rio still stay strong
- Men's U23 Pan Am Cup opens third edition in Guanajuato
- New Tech: The most eagle-eyed coaches at Rio 2016