Preparations to host World Grand Prix pool N in Lomas de Zamora move ahead
Buenos Aires, Argentina, June 12, 2014 - As the Argentine women's team prepare for their first match of the Pan-American Cup, hoping to qualify for the FIVB Volleyball World Grand Prix 2015, the premier annual competition for women's national teams, the Lomas de Zamora organising committee met to discuss hosting this year's World Grand Prix pool N matches.
The organising committee met to discuss hosting World Grand Prix pool N|
This year's pool N matches will take place at the new state-of-the-art stadium in Lomas de Zamora, which hosted its first international volleyball matches this weekend when Argentina took on Japan in the FIVB World League. The World Grand Prix matches will take place from August 8-10, with Argentina playing against Canada, Peru and Cuba.
FeVA President Juan Antonio Gutierrez opened the meeting wishing all an outstanding event: "We have in front of us a great chance to keep showing the best of our work. We have the necessary human resources and a great team to support our dreams to organise such an important event together with our 'Panteras'".
The President of the Organising Committee will be Fabian Ramon, FeVA Under-Treasurer. "We want to do something very different, a great level event and therefore we need the best effort from everyone. Our team will work to give the best they can at the venue," he said.
Diego Soler is the event's Executive Director. He added: "We have gathered a working team to organise a high quality event and we will work towards obtaining it."
The World Grand Prix is the FIVB's premier annual competition for women's national teams. Argentina are taking part in the competition for the fourth consecutive season. This year will see Argentina host one of the pools for the first time. Matches will take place in Lomas de Zamora stadium, which hosted the final series of the Argentine National League. It was also taken by storm by Argentine volleyball fans when it hosted FIVB World League week three matches between Argentina and Japan.
Other FIVB news
- Egypt celebrates major triumph for African volleyball
- Coaching assistance programme takes place in Haiti
- FIVB Volleyball World League - As it happened
- Brazil, China and USA complete weekend sweep in Group 1
- Australians get second win in Group 1, Finns and Argentines grab 3-1 wins in Group 2
- Egypt win World League Group 3 Finals to advance in Group 2 next year
- FIVB Volleyball World Grand Prix, Day 5: Brazil, China, USA all two-from-two in Group 1 to start 2015 tournament
- FIVB Volleyball World League Day 25 - USA secure top spot in Pool B, France finish Pool play with a perfect 12 wins
- Montenegro and Egypt to play for the gold in Group 3 Finals
- World Grand Prix in full swing with start of Groups 1 and 2
- World League highlights three superb five-setters on Day 24
- Australia competing to stay among volleyball's best
- World League Group 3 finalists have their say
- Smejkal: "Second place in pool D is our goal"
- Turkey hosts USA, Belgium, Italy in World Grand Prix
- Vercesi: "Securing a spot at the Finals remains our main objective"
- Day 23 sees Brazil and France extend their lead after both record straight sets victories
- Peru, Colombia, Cuba and Kazakhstan prepare for Pool P encounters in Trujillo
- U20 Drawing of Lots ceremony held in Puerto Rico
- Antiga: "We are now playing for a ticket to the Finals in Rio"
- Australia take on Serbia and Turkey play USA, live on YouTube
- Poland and USA prepare for Pool B climax
- Sanderson ready for emotional homecoming
- FIVB World Grand Prix 2015 - LIVE
- World Grand Prix Pool A coaches expect challenging weekend
- Countdown begins to European Volleyball Gala and Champions League drawing of lots ceremony
- World Grand Prix Week 2 preview: All 28 teams play in thrilling matches around the world
- World League Week 8 preview: Group 3 finalists in the spotlight
- Serbian fans show their support
- FAN VOTE: Your play of week seven
- Senegal's Fatou signs two-year deal with Azerbaijani club
- Brazil win Men’s U21 Pan Am Cup
- FIVB Volleyball World Grand Prix, Day 3: Peru enjoys perfect opening weekend, Kazakhstan also three-from-three
- FIVB Volleyball World League week 7: Atanasijevic hammers Serbia to five-set win
- Getting Social: FIVB Beach Volleyball World Championships 2015 Day 4
- Bright future awaits multi-talented Nora
- Germany show nerves of steel to claim first, historic European Games gold
- Peru go 2-0 on Day 2 of World Grand Prix; Kenya fight back to beat Mexico
- Brazil, USA, Netherlands and Belgium win on road in World League
- Shimizu, Ishikawa nearly help Japan upset France
- Turkey’s women claim gold at first ever European Games
- Germany and Bulgaria in final at Baku 2015 European Games
- Cuba, Kazakhstan, Peru and Colombia celebrate opening day with wins in World Grand Prix
- Czech Republic, Iran, Serbia and Argentina produce home victories on Day 20
- FIVB World League Week 7 - As It Happened
- Video: Former and current players celebrate 15th year anniversary of Serbia's Olympic gold medal triumph
- Media Guide released for exciting FIVB Volleyball World Grand Prix
- Turkey upset 4,500 home fans at European Games
- Slovaks join young players in Bratislava
- Holubec thanks fans for their support