Crvena Zvezda win their 12th Cup title
Belgrade, Serbia, February 25, 2014 - Crvena Zvezda have won their 12th Cup title with the win over Ribnica Kraljevo at the 49th Serbian Cup in straight sets 3-0 (25-21, 26-24, 25-19) after 83 minutes of play.
Crvena Zvezda clebrate their 12th title in the Serbian Cup|
The final match was played in the city of Kraljevo in front of 2,000 spectators and was refereed by Mirko Jankovic and Vladimir Simonovic. The Serbian national anthem was performed by the members of the Kraljevo City Choir ‘Crvcanin’.
The winners’ trophy was presented to Dusan Petkovic, team captain of Crvena Zvezda by Mr. Aleksandar Boricic, President of the Volleyball Federation of Serbia. Mr. Aleksandar Bicanin, member of the Association of First Division Volleyball Clubs, presented Predrag Bicanin, team captain of Ribnica with the consolation trophy.
The MVP award went to Dusan Petkovic, team captain of Crvena Zvezda and was presented to him by Mr. Dejan Brdovic, a former national team player and winner of two National Cups with Crvena Zvezda (in 1991 and 1997).
Professor Dr. Aca Markovic (President of Crvena Zvezda General Assembly), Mr. Zoran Avramovic (Marketing Director of Volleyball Federation of Serbia) were on hand to present the gold medals to the players of Crvena Zvezda. Mr. Slobodan Milosevic (Secretary General of the Volleyball Federation of Serbia) and Mr. Dragan Arsic (President of VC Ribnica) handed over the silver medals to the players of Ribnica. Mr. Rade Janic, President of the VC Ribnica General Assembly, handed medals to the officials.
Once again, the fans from Kraljevo helped to create a fantastic atmosphere in the packed Hall of Sports as tehy witnessed a great volleyball match between old rivals.
The final match of the 49th Serbian Cup was attended also by Mr. Aleksandar Boricic (President of the Volleyball Federation of Serbia), Mr. Bratislav Gasic (Lord Mayor of Krusevac), Mr. Slobodan Milosevic (Secretary General of the Volleyball Federation of Serbia) and Mr. Zoran Avramovic (Marketing Director) as well as Mr. Dejan Brdovic (former national team player and winner of two National Cups with Crvena Zvezda (in 1991 and 1997)) and Gordan Vilimanovic (President of the Regional Volleyball Association of Kraljevo).
49th Serbian Cup 2013/2014 season (Senior
Final Tournament Results - Kraljevo (Sports Hall)
Sunday, February 23, 2014 – Finals
Crvena Zvezda – Ribnica (Kraljevo)
3-0 (25-21, 26-24, 25-19)
Saturday, February 22 – Semifinals
Ribnica (Kraljevo) – Spartak (Ljig)
3-1 (25-14, 24-26, 25-23, 25-22)
Crvena Zvezda – Partizan Vizura
3-2 (20-25, 25-18,18-25, 25-23,15-11)
Other FIVB news
- FIVB Volleyball World League - LIVE
- World Grand Prix in full swing with start of Groups 1 and 2
- World League highlights three superb five-setters on Day 24
- Australia competing to stay among volleyball's best
- World League Group 3 finalists have their say
- Smejkal: "Second place in pool D is our goal"
- Turkey hosts USA, Belgium, Italy in World Grand Prix
- Vercesi: "Securing a spot at the Finals remains our main objective"
- Day 23 sees Brazil and France extend their lead after both record straight sets victories
- Peru, Colombia, Cuba and Kazakhstan prepare for Pool P encounters in Trujillo
- U20 Drawing of Lots ceremony held in Puerto Rico
- Antiga: "We are now playing for a ticket to the Finals in Rio"
- Australia take on Serbia and Turkey play USA, live on YouTube
- Poland and USA prepare for Pool B climax
- Sanderson ready for emotional homecoming
- FIVB World Grand Prix 2015 - LIVE
- World Grand Prix Pool A coaches expect challenging weekend
- Countdown begins to European Volleyball Gala and Champions League drawing of lots ceremony
- World Grand Prix Week 2 preview: All 28 teams play in thrilling matches around the world
- World League Week 8 preview: Group 3 finalists in the spotlight
- Serbian fans show their support
- FAN VOTE: Your play of week seven
- Senegal's Fatou signs two-year deal with Azerbaijani club
- Brazil win Men’s U21 Pan Am Cup
- FIVB Volleyball World Grand Prix, Day 3: Peru enjoys perfect opening weekend, Kazakhstan also three-from-three
- FIVB Volleyball World League week 7: Atanasijevic hammers Serbia to five-set win
- Getting Social: FIVB Beach Volleyball World Championships 2015 Day 4
- Bright future awaits multi-talented Nora
- Germany show nerves of steel to claim first, historic European Games gold
- Peru go 2-0 on Day 2 of World Grand Prix; Kenya fight back to beat Mexico
- Brazil, USA, Netherlands and Belgium win on road in World League
- Shimizu, Ishikawa nearly help Japan upset France
- Turkey’s women claim gold at first ever European Games
- Germany and Bulgaria in final at Baku 2015 European Games
- Cuba, Kazakhstan, Peru and Colombia celebrate opening day with wins in World Grand Prix
- Czech Republic, Iran, Serbia and Argentina produce home victories on Day 20
- FIVB World League Week 7 - As It Happened
- Video: Former and current players celebrate 15th year anniversary of Serbia's Olympic gold medal triumph
- Media Guide released for exciting FIVB Volleyball World Grand Prix
- Turkey upset 4,500 home fans at European Games
- Slovaks join young players in Bratislava
- Holubec thanks fans for their support
- Draw maps out U21 World Championship
- FAN VOTE: Your play of week five
- Russia and USA meet in World League 'Match of the Week', live on YouTube
- Edgar leads Volleyroos in Group 1 challenge
- Kovac: "It will be very difficult to win"
- Group 3 travels to Taldykorgan for FIVB World Grand Prix opening weekend
- Poland to play Bulgaria in European Games semis, Germany take on Russia hoping to make amends for defeat in pool play
- Australia and Brazil not worried about fatigue