Police Club win Maldives National Women Championship
Male, Maldives, November 30, 2013 – Police Club won a thrilling five-setter against the strong Veloxia Club in the finals to clinch the champion 3-2 (25-23, 25-19, 9-25, 16-25, 15-12) in this year’s women edition of Pascual Volleyball Association Cup.
Police Club celebrated at the victory ceremony|
It was a close score in the first set, as players of both teams had an exciting performance for their supporters. Police Club took the first set with a close score of 25-23. The performance of first set was repeated in the second set as both teams fought for every point, but Police Club won the set. Falling 0-2, Veloxia Club, however, did not give up and made up for it from the beginning of the third set. With a strong comeback Veloxia players made it an easy win by 25-09. The same scenario was repeated even at the fourth set with the score of 25-16 in favor for the Veloxia Club, forcing the match into tiebreaker.
As the match continued, the winning floor also varied from side to side. The balanced performance by both the teams generated a fifth set to be played to declare Police Club as the winner by taking the set 15-12.
Gold Medals – Police Club
Silver Medlas – Club Veloxia
Bronze Medlas – Dhivehi Sifainge Club
The National Women’s Championship started on the 20th November and concluded on November 29. The four teams played a round robin pool play with the top ranked team qualifying for the finals.
Earlier this month, Club PK won the gold medal of the men’s division of this year’s Pascual Volleyball Association Cup after beating Dhivehi Sifainge Club 3-1(22-25, 25-18, 25-20, 25-11) in the finals played on November 8. Police Club won the bronze medal.
Other FIVB news
- As It Happened - FIVB Volleyball Women's World Cup Japan 2015 - Day 7
- Serbia score huge upset on Russia on World Cup Day 7
- As It Happened - FIVB Volleyball Women's World Cup Japan 2015 - Day 6
- Brazil claim final USAV Cup win
- Russia and USA stay on top at start of World Cup second round
- Win with the #VabochanChallenge
- Teams expect tough competition in Sendai
- Cuba, Italy and Russia book semifinal tickets at Men's U23 World Championship
- New Italy coach Blengini and Juantorena claim win in run-up to World Cup
- Expectations rise as U21 World Championship nears
- Cuban captain says volleyball made dream come true
- As It Happened - FIVB Volleyball Women's World Cup Japan 2015 - Day 5
- Russia top World Cup first round rankings
- Nine clubs to compete for Asian title
- USAV Cup hosts claim first win
- Russia, Cuba, Italy and Turkey secure top 8 spots at Men's U23
- Top favourites succeed in Day 4 of World Cup
- As It Happened - FIVB Volleyball Women's World Cup Japan 2015 - Day 4
- Hosts concede second defeat to Brazil in USAV Cup
- Poland celebrates first U19 World Championship title
- Russia win clash of Titans at Men's U23 World Championship
- Men's U21 World Championship match schedule now online
- USA lose to Brazil in USAV Cup opener
- Poland defeat France in Wagner Cup
- As It Happened - FIVB Volleyball Women's World Cup Japan 2015 - Day 3
- Favourites start victorious at Men's U23 World Championship
- VOTE: Will Russia get their reward?
- Russia stand as lone unbeaten team on Day 3 of World Cup
- Follow the Men's U23 World Championship in the United Arab Emirates
- As It Happened - FIVB Volleyball Women's World Cup Japan 2015 - Day 2
- Coaches name Brazil, Russia and Italy as Men's U23 favourites
- China and Russia score back-to-back wins on Day 2 of World Cup
- As It Happened - FIVB Volleyball Women's World Cup Japan 2015 - Day 1
- Russia, Cuba, USA, China, Peru and Japan seal victories in World Cup opener
- Taichung Bank capture maiden Asian Men’s Club title
- Wagner Cup coaches putting on finishing touches ahead of World Cup
- The future is bright for Women's U23 champions Brazil
- Teams in Tokyo all set for World Cup opening day
- VOTE: Top of the class?
- Rising star Souza takes Brazil forward
- Walking in illustrious footsteps
- Taichung Bank and Al Arabi ready for Asian Men’s Club Championship final
- Moim expects Kenya to surprise
- Experienced hosts welcome Men's U23 World Championship
- VOTE: Japan on track for a podium place?
- Arakida: “We aim to develop the best teamwork in the world”
- Hosts Taichung Bank join Paykan, Pavlodar, Al Arabi in semifinals of Asian Men’s Club Championship
- Local Organising Committee prepare Men's U21 World Championship
- Olympic Games places on line in Japan at Women’s World Cup
- #NoiSiamoNoi: Prime Minister Renzi celebrates U18 world champions