Police Club win Maldives National Women Championship
Male, Maldives, November 30, 2013 – Police Club won a thrilling five-setter against the strong Veloxia Club in the finals to clinch the champion 3-2 (25-23, 25-19, 9-25, 16-25, 15-12) in this year’s women edition of Pascual Volleyball Association Cup.
Police Club celebrated at the victory ceremony|
It was a close score in the first set, as players of both teams had an exciting performance for their supporters. Police Club took the first set with a close score of 25-23. The performance of first set was repeated in the second set as both teams fought for every point, but Police Club won the set. Falling 0-2, Veloxia Club, however, did not give up and made up for it from the beginning of the third set. With a strong comeback Veloxia players made it an easy win by 25-09. The same scenario was repeated even at the fourth set with the score of 25-16 in favor for the Veloxia Club, forcing the match into tiebreaker.
As the match continued, the winning floor also varied from side to side. The balanced performance by both the teams generated a fifth set to be played to declare Police Club as the winner by taking the set 15-12.
Gold Medals – Police Club
Silver Medlas – Club Veloxia
Bronze Medlas – Dhivehi Sifainge Club
The National Women’s Championship started on the 20th November and concluded on November 29. The four teams played a round robin pool play with the top ranked team qualifying for the finals.
Earlier this month, Club PK won the gold medal of the men’s division of this year’s Pascual Volleyball Association Cup after beating Dhivehi Sifainge Club 3-1(22-25, 25-18, 25-20, 25-11) in the finals played on November 8. Police Club won the bronze medal.
Other FIVB news
- Coaching assistance programme takes place in Haiti
- FIVB Volleyball World League - LIVE
- Brazil, China and USA complete weekend sweep in Group 1
- Australians get second win in Group 1, Finns and Argentines grab 3-1 wins in Group 2
- Egypt win World League Group 3 Finals to advance in Group 2 next year
- FIVB Volleyball World Grand Prix, Day 5: Brazil, China, USA all two-from-two in Group 1 to start 2015 tournament
- FIVB Volleyball World League Day 25 - USA secure top spot in Pool B, France finish Pool play with a perfect 12 wins
- Montenegro and Egypt to play for the gold in Group 3 Finals
- World Grand Prix in full swing with start of Groups 1 and 2
- World League highlights three superb five-setters on Day 24
- Australia competing to stay among volleyball's best
- World League Group 3 finalists have their say
- Smejkal: "Second place in pool D is our goal"
- Turkey hosts USA, Belgium, Italy in World Grand Prix
- Vercesi: "Securing a spot at the Finals remains our main objective"
- Day 23 sees Brazil and France extend their lead after both record straight sets victories
- Peru, Colombia, Cuba and Kazakhstan prepare for Pool P encounters in Trujillo
- U20 Drawing of Lots ceremony held in Puerto Rico
- Antiga: "We are now playing for a ticket to the Finals in Rio"
- Australia take on Serbia and Turkey play USA, live on YouTube
- Poland and USA prepare for Pool B climax
- Sanderson ready for emotional homecoming
- FIVB World Grand Prix 2015 - LIVE
- World Grand Prix Pool A coaches expect challenging weekend
- Countdown begins to European Volleyball Gala and Champions League drawing of lots ceremony
- World Grand Prix Week 2 preview: All 28 teams play in thrilling matches around the world
- World League Week 8 preview: Group 3 finalists in the spotlight
- Serbian fans show their support
- FAN VOTE: Your play of week seven
- Senegal's Fatou signs two-year deal with Azerbaijani club
- Brazil win Men’s U21 Pan Am Cup
- FIVB Volleyball World Grand Prix, Day 3: Peru enjoys perfect opening weekend, Kazakhstan also three-from-three
- FIVB Volleyball World League week 7: Atanasijevic hammers Serbia to five-set win
- Getting Social: FIVB Beach Volleyball World Championships 2015 Day 4
- Bright future awaits multi-talented Nora
- Germany show nerves of steel to claim first, historic European Games gold
- Peru go 2-0 on Day 2 of World Grand Prix; Kenya fight back to beat Mexico
- Brazil, USA, Netherlands and Belgium win on road in World League
- Shimizu, Ishikawa nearly help Japan upset France
- Turkey’s women claim gold at first ever European Games
- Germany and Bulgaria in final at Baku 2015 European Games
- Cuba, Kazakhstan, Peru and Colombia celebrate opening day with wins in World Grand Prix
- Czech Republic, Iran, Serbia and Argentina produce home victories on Day 20
- FIVB World League Week 7 - As It Happened
- Video: Former and current players celebrate 15th year anniversary of Serbia's Olympic gold medal triumph
- Media Guide released for exciting FIVB Volleyball World Grand Prix
- Turkey upset 4,500 home fans at European Games
- Slovaks join young players in Bratislava
- Holubec thanks fans for their support
- Draw maps out U21 World Championship