Match schedule set for FIVB World Grand Champions Cup
Lausanne, Switzerland, October 17, 2013 – The match schedule for the FIVB Volleyball World Grand Champions Cup has been released for the men’s and women’s competitions, to be held in Japan this November.
Thailand and the Dominican Republic will play the opening match of the FIVB Volleyball World Grand Champions Cup in the women's competition on November 12. The last played against each other at the last World Grand Champions Cup in 2009|
The FIVB Volleyball Women’s World Grand Champions Cup will take place November 12 to 17, 2013.
World No. 12 Thailand and world No. 8 the Dominican Republic will have the honour of playing the opening match of the women’s tournament on November 12 at 12:00 local time in Nagoya, Japan.
The tournament features a total of six teams, with hosts Japan being joined by the continental winners from Asia (Thailand), Europe (Russia), NORCECA (USA) and South America (Brazil), along with the FIVB/JVA/NTA selection (the Dominican Republic).
The matches will take place at Nagoya Nippongaishi Hall (November 12-13) and Tokyo Metropolitan Gymnasium (November 15-17).
for the full match scheduleMen
The FIVB Volleyball Men's World Grand Champions Cup will take place November 19 to 24, 2013.
Current Olympic champions and World League winners, Russia will face World No. 3, Italy in the first match of the tournament on November 19 at 12:00 local time in Kyoto, Japan.
The men’s tournament features a total of six teams, with the hosts Japan being joined by the continental winners from Asia (Iran), Europe (Russia), NORCECA (USA) and South America (Brazil), along with the FIVB/JVA/NTA selection (Italy).
The matches will take place at Kyoto Prefectural Gymnasium (Nov. 19-20) and Tokyo Metropolitan Gymnasium (Nov. 22-24).
Click here for the full match schedule
Other FIVB news
- FAN VOTE: Your play of week seven
- Brazil win Men’s U21 Pan Am Cup
- FIVB Volleyball World Grand Prix, Day 3: Peru enjoys perfect opening weekend, Kazakhstan also three-from-three
- FIVB Volleyball World League week 7: Atanasijevic hammers Serbia to five-set win against Italy, Poland win in Tehran on day 22
- Getting Social: FIVB Beach Volleyball World Championships 2015 Day 4
- Bright future awaits multi-talented Nora
- Germany show nerves of steel to claim first, historic European Games gold
- Peru go 2-0 on Day 2 of World Grand Prix; Kenya fight back to beat Mexico
- Brazil, USA, Netherlands and Belgium win on road in World League
- VIDEO: President Graça shows how to #VolleyballYourWay
- Shimizu, Ishikawa nearly help Japan upset France
- Turkey’s women claim gold at first ever European Games
- Germany and Bulgaria in final at Baku 2015 European Games
- Cuba, Kazakhstan, Peru and Colombia celebrate opening day with wins in World Grand Prix
- Czech Republic, Iran, Serbia and Argentina produce home victories on Day 20
- FIVB World League Week 7 - As It Happened
- Video: Former and current players celebrate 15th year anniversary of Serbia's Olympic gold medal triumph
- Media Guide released for exciting FIVB Volleyball World Grand Prix
- Turkey upset 4,500 home fans at European Games
- Slovaks join young players in Bratislava
- Holubec thanks fans for their support
- Draw maps out U21 World Championship
- FAN VOTE: Your play of week five
- Russia and USA meet in World League 'Match of the Week', live on YouTube
- Edgar leads Volleyroos in Group 1 challenge
- Kovac: "It will be very difficult to win"
- Group 3 travels to Taldykorgan for FIVB World Grand Prix opening weekend
- Poland to play Bulgaria in European Games semis, Germany take on Russia hoping to make amends for defeat in pool play
- Australia and Brazil not worried about fatigue
- Australia ready for improved World Grand Prix performance
- Men's U21 World Championship draw to take place in Tijuana
- Draw held in Argentina for U19 World Championship
- Finland know World League target
- World Grand Prix preview: Six-week, record-breaking spectacle kicks off in Mexico and Kazakhstan
- World League Week 7 Preview: France aim to equal Dutch record
- Poland, Serbia, Turkey and hosts Azerbaijan make European Games semis
- Australia brace for big showdown with Brazil in Sydney
- Montenegro lead the way in Group 3
- FAN VOTE: Your play of week six
- USA and China to renew rivalry at World Cup
- Eliminating language barriers: The evolution of volleyball Olympic pictograms
- Kenya, Algeria turn attention to World Grand Prix
- World League Week 6 review
- Top band The Potbelleez to entertain Australia-Brazil crowds
- Olympic and World champions to meet in World Cup
- FIVB World League Week 6 - As It Happened
- USA win third crown in four years at Pan Am Cup
- Puerto Rico and Venezuela record their first victories in the World League 2015
- France well on their way to chase record consecutive wins
- Kenya beat Algeria for ninth African women's crown