FIVB Board confirms Congress in Milan
Lausanne, Switzerland, April 3, 2014 – The FIVB Board of Administration ratified the decision, which was previously announced in February, to appoint Milan, Italy as the host of the 2014 FIVB World Congress from October 31 to November 1.
The FIVB Congress will take place on October 31 and November 1 with a workshop for all federations on October 30|
The 34th FIVB World Congress will bring together members of the international volleyball family over the two day period and will be preceded by a one day workshop for all national federations on October 30.
The workshop will provide participants the opportunity to discuss issues with the FIVB and confederation officials while also providing a platform for the FIVB to update federations on key developments within the organisation.
This year’s Congress will be held after the FIVB Volleyball World Championships. The FIVB Volleyball Men’s World Championship Poland 2014 will take place from August 30 to September 21 and will be followed by the FIVB Volleyball Women’s World Championship Italy 2014 from September 23 to October 12.
Italy Volleyball Federation President and FIVB Executive Co-Opted member Carlo Magri welcomed all the members to Milan. "Following the FIVB Volleyball Women's World Championship Italy 2014 you are all welcome to Milan for what will be an outstanding Congress," Mr Magri said.
The theme for the workshop on October 30 will be “From vision to action” with the goal to have an open dialogue between member federations.
The previous workshop at the 2012 Congress included 159 participants from 146 countries and the goal for the 2014 edition is to better that number.
Key items on the proposed agenda include:
• Global development report overview from last two years.
• National Federation Strategic Report – opportunities and challenges.
• Development of competitions.
• Digital and social media
• Managing innovation and change
• Working with government in schools
The FIVB Executive Committee and the FIVB Board of Administration will also meet at the time of the Congress on October 28 and October 29 respectively.
OTHER FIVB NEWS
- Myanmar, Taiwan Power, Al-Arabi and Bank Sarmayeh top their pools at Asian Men's Club Championship
- Press review: Volleyball still making headlines after rumble in Rio
- Hosts Myanmar join strong teams for convincing wins on Day 1 at Asian Men’s Club Championship
- 16 days of Volleyball House activity ends in true Rio style
- FIVB delivers impressive sports presentation masterclass at Rio 2016 Olympic Games
- History makers and movers at the Volleyball House
- That's the way, ah ha, ah ha, we like it - FIVB surpasses 500,000 page likes on Facebook
- Argentina’s ‘Las Panteras’ take the Volleyball House by storm
- Lima and Conte demonstrate unifying power of volleyball
- Volleyball House a hit with AISTS students
- Athletes raise Volleyball House temperature
- FIVB Athletes’ Commission officially launched at Volleyball House
- Athlete takeover at Volleyball House
- FIVB lights up Copacabana with spectacular LED net display
- Volleyball technology wows former Brazilian stars
- VIDEO: Beach volleyball legend Randy Stoklos joins #CopaCourts fun
- Aussie rules at Volleyball House
- FIVB official partners enjoy the Rio Olympic experience at Volleyball House and #CopaCourts
- Ziraldo gives Volleyball House an ‘art attack’
- FIVB signs MoU with International Military Sports Council
- Copacabana evening rounds off memorable few days of Volleyball House visits
- President Graça welcomes Fuji TV to Volleyball House
- John Kerry leads dignitaries enjoying volleyball in Rio
- FIVB volleyball legends entertain crowds at showcase #CopaCourts
- FIVB volleyball courts open across Rio providing exciting activities for the whole family
- FIVB signs Memorandum of Understanding with International School Sport Federation
- VIDEO - Volleyball House opens its doors
- President Graça celebrates magnificent Rio 2016 Opening Ceremony
- Volleyball House opening lights up Copacabana
- Yellow Tiger Dirickx announces retirement
- Have your say and win!
- Perun Varna write history by claiming first club championship title in Bulgaria
- FIVB President Graça visits Olympians Reunion Centre Opening Ceremony
- FIVB President Graça officially opens volleyball development training centre in favela community
- Bulgaria awaits first ever club champion in beach volleyball
- FIVB stages Volleyball Your Way Festival in Rio
- Argentine men overcome Mexico 3-0 in Olympic warm-up
- Dominicans win NORCECA U20, earn ticket for 2017 World Championship
- Poland finish World Champs qualifier with clean record and five straight wins
- Turkey and Italy secure ticket to #FIVBWomensU23 World Champs
- Brazil wins second U23 Women’s South American title
- Poland claim ‘big match’ with Italy, both teams secure ticket to #FIVBMensU23
- Bulgaria, Turkey, Italy to fight for ticket to #FIVBWomensU23
- Turkey end Italy’s winning streak at #FIVBWomensU23 qualifier
- Poland, Italy make it three in a row at #FIVBMensU23 qualifier
- Copa Courts to celebrate volleyball in all its forms
- Volleyball Your Way movement to take over Madureira
- President Graça applauds growth of FIVB World League
- Volleyball House continues preparation for Rio 2016
- Volleyball athletes speak out in support of their Russian counterparts