Board puts volleyball on the path to greater success
Lausanne, Switzerland, April 3, 2014 –The International Volleyball Federation (FIVB) Board of Administration completed vibrant discussions on key subjects in order to take volleyball towards an exciting new era on the opening day of its annual meeting at the Lausanne headquarters on Thursday.
The members of the FIVB Board of Administration outside the FIVB headquarters in Lausanne|
FIVB President Dr. Ary S. Graça F° encouraged all the members to carry on the outstanding spirit which is currently enveloping the FIVB and its member federations in his opening address of the meeting before the FIVB Board of Administration members discussed and approved many proposals throughout the day to go to the FIVB Congress, all in the aim of taking the FIVB and the sport of volleyball to a new level of dynamism and innovation.
The FIVB Board of Administration received proposals from the FIVB Finance, Press, Legal, Development, Technical, Coaching and Medical Commissions. All approved proposals will go forward to the FIVB Congress, which will be held from October 31 to November 1 in Milan, Italy.
The meeting started with the FIVB President Dr. Ary S. Graça F° encouraging all members to focus on what lies ahead. “Together we have a bright future, to be bigger than we are today,” he said. “Let’s help volleyball, with your help and support we will succeed in this mission.”
The President concluded the meeting by applauding all the members for their active contribution. "This shows to me, everyone is inline with our vision and inspired by the direction of where volleyball is going."
The guest of honour at the FIVB Board of Administration meeting was Olympic Broadcasting Services Chief Executive Officer Yiannis Exarchos who outlined the key changes in Olympic television and the exciting future ahead.
With all 32 members in attendance, plus the Presidents of the 11 FIVB Commissions and Sports Events Council, it made for a packed meeting room and invigorating debate.
The Board approved the FIVB Treasurer’s Report, the Budget, the External Audit Report by Ernst & Young, the Financial Controller’s Report and the Internal Audit Report. It also ratified the date and location of the next FIVB Congress - In Milan, Italy form October 31 to November 1.
The members also received an update on the proposed extension of the FIVB headquarters to include a “Hall of Dreams” – a virtual museum for which the project is expected to start in July.
The second and final day of the Board of Administration will be completed on Friday, with reports from the Beach Volleyball Commission, Sports Events Council, Rules of the Game Commission and TV & New Media Commission on the agenda in addition to the reports from each of the five Confederations.
OTHER FIVB NEWS
- Myanmar, Taiwan Power, Al-Arabi and Bank Sarmayeh top their pools at Asian Men's Club Championship
- Press review: Volleyball still making headlines after rumble in Rio
- Hosts Myanmar join strong teams for convincing wins on Day 1 at Asian Men’s Club Championship
- 16 days of Volleyball House activity ends in true Rio style
- FIVB delivers impressive sports presentation masterclass at Rio 2016 Olympic Games
- History makers and movers at the Volleyball House
- That's the way, ah ha, ah ha, we like it - FIVB surpasses 500,000 page likes on Facebook
- Argentina’s ‘Las Panteras’ take the Volleyball House by storm
- Lima and Conte demonstrate unifying power of volleyball
- Volleyball House a hit with AISTS students
- Athletes raise Volleyball House temperature
- FIVB Athletes’ Commission officially launched at Volleyball House
- Athlete takeover at Volleyball House
- FIVB lights up Copacabana with spectacular LED net display
- Volleyball technology wows former Brazilian stars
- VIDEO: Beach volleyball legend Randy Stoklos joins #CopaCourts fun
- Aussie rules at Volleyball House
- FIVB official partners enjoy the Rio Olympic experience at Volleyball House and #CopaCourts
- Ziraldo gives Volleyball House an ‘art attack’
- FIVB signs MoU with International Military Sports Council
- Copacabana evening rounds off memorable few days of Volleyball House visits
- President Graça welcomes Fuji TV to Volleyball House
- John Kerry leads dignitaries enjoying volleyball in Rio
- FIVB volleyball legends entertain crowds at showcase #CopaCourts
- FIVB volleyball courts open across Rio providing exciting activities for the whole family
- FIVB signs Memorandum of Understanding with International School Sport Federation
- VIDEO - Volleyball House opens its doors
- President Graça celebrates magnificent Rio 2016 Opening Ceremony
- Volleyball House opening lights up Copacabana
- Yellow Tiger Dirickx announces retirement
- Have your say and win!
- Perun Varna write history by claiming first club championship title in Bulgaria
- FIVB President Graça visits Olympians Reunion Centre Opening Ceremony
- FIVB President Graça officially opens volleyball development training centre in favela community
- Bulgaria awaits first ever club champion in beach volleyball
- FIVB stages Volleyball Your Way Festival in Rio
- Argentine men overcome Mexico 3-0 in Olympic warm-up
- Dominicans win NORCECA U20, earn ticket for 2017 World Championship
- Poland finish World Champs qualifier with clean record and five straight wins
- Turkey and Italy secure ticket to #FIVBWomensU23 World Champs
- Brazil wins second U23 Women’s South American title
- Poland claim ‘big match’ with Italy, both teams secure ticket to #FIVBMensU23
- Bulgaria, Turkey, Italy to fight for ticket to #FIVBWomensU23
- Turkey end Italy’s winning streak at #FIVBWomensU23 qualifier
- Poland, Italy make it three in a row at #FIVBMensU23 qualifier
- Copa Courts to celebrate volleyball in all its forms
- Volleyball Your Way movement to take over Madureira
- President Graça applauds growth of FIVB World League
- Volleyball House continues preparation for Rio 2016
- Volleyball athletes speak out in support of their Russian counterparts