Rogers/Dalhausser partnership ends
Lausanne, Switzerland, September 19, 2012 – Phil Dalhausser has announced the end of his partnership with Todd Rogers. He is teaming up with Sean Rosenthal starting in the 2013 season.
Rogers and Dalhausser have been one of the game's top teams since 2006|
Dalhausser made the announcement September 17 on the internet volleyball radio show, The Net Live.
“Playing with Phil was a
blast,” Rogers told Presidio Sports, a local Santa Barbara sports news
provider. “We had a great run — one of the better ones in history.”
Rogers, 38, is planning to cut back on international play. Dalhausser has been looking for a new partner to take a run at the 2016 Olympics in Rio de Janeiro.
Dalhausser said his choice came down to Rosenthal and Nick Lucena, with whom he played before Rogers. He admitted it was a tough decision but he picked Rosenthal because it gives him the chance to play on the right side of the court.
Rosenthal is ending his seven year partnership with Jake Gibb, who is now 36. They played in two Olympics and this summer won the FIVB World Tour title. Dalhausser and Rosenthal are both 32.
Rogers said the Dalhausser/Rosenthal pairing should be a good one.
“They are great athletically on paper and I’m sure they will do well. Phil will play the right side, probably, and it is a challenge I know he has been looking at,” Rogers said.
The Rogers/Dalhausser combo was one of the most successful volleyball partnerships of all time. Together since 2006, they won an FIVB World Championship in 2007, an Olympic gold medal in their first of two Games together in 2008, an FIVB World Tour Championship, and 12 FIVB World Tour Grand Slams.
- The Fan Zone - Swatch Beach Volleyball FIVB World Tour Finals - Day 5
- Fort Lauderdale shows beach volleyball is on the right track
- Familiar family, friends, fans and FOE
- Players compete for "colorful" SWATCH FIVB World Tour Finals trophy
- Brazil vs. Germany for women’s US$100,000 first-place prize Sunday
- Beach Volleyball Impressions - 1981 from southern California to now in south Florida
- The Fan Zone - Swatch Beach Volleyball FIVB World Tour Finals - Day 4
- Current & past FIVB world champions “stayin’ alive” in Fort Lauderdale
- President Graça meets legends past and present in Fort Lauderdale
- Rematches galore in Fort Lauderdale
- Women’s SWATCH FIVB World Tour Finals women’s bracket set
- Brazil, Germany and USA pairs net Swatch FIVB World Tour Finals bracket berths
- Top seeds win opening matches at AVC Women’s Beach Volleyball Championship in Hong Kong
- Canadian Olympian Drakich likes what he sees
- VIDEOS - Meeting the SWATCH FIVB World Tour Finals athletes
- German girls twinkling and laughing
- Brazilian world champions featured Wednesday
- Beach Volleyball rivalry blasts sky high
- Racecar driver visits SWATCH FIVB World Tour Finals
- Lost in America
- New date for U17 World Champs
- “Wild Card” Tuesday at SWATCH FIVB World Tour Finals
- 2017 Beach Volleyball World Championships bidding process extended
- Canadians Created Head Shaking
- 36 hours or 36 days?
- SWATCH FIVB World Tour Finals - Revised Side Court Schedule
- A mum who sides out
- Players ready for Florida heat
- $500,000 Swatch FIVB Beach Volleyball World Tour Finals
this week in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA
- 2015 FIVB Beach Volleyball World Tour season update after FIVB Xiamen Open
- First FIVB World Tour gold for Switzerland's Heidrich/Zumkehr at Xiamen Open
- Milestone Saturday for Lucena & Dalhausser
- Zumkehr/Heidrich upset top seeds Wang/Yue to enter Xiamen Open semifinal
- Milestone gold medal for USA’s Lucena/Dalhausser in Xiamen Open
- Swatch FIVB World Tour Finals Participants Dalhausser & Lucena advance in China
- Latvia's Plavins/Regza storm to first FIVB World Tour semifinals at Xiamen Open
- Top seeds Yue/Wang unbeaten in pool play at Xiamen Open
- Swatch FIVB World Tour Finals participants beat the heat & humidity, stayin’ alive
- Top seeds Wang/Yue off to good start in Main Draw at Xiamen Open
- Samoilovs/Smedins, Lucena/ Dalhausser reach last 16 at Xiamen Open
- Brooke's bitter “Sweat" times
- Swatch FIVB World Tour Finals participants - Continue success & starting play
- Top seeds Samoilovs/Smedins lead pool in Xiamen Open Main Draw
- Germany's Mersmann/Schneider lead eight teams into women's Main Draw at Xiamen Open
- Making the “Benjamin Button of beach volleyball”
- USA's Crabb brothers reach 2015 Xiamen Open Main Draw in first major tournament
- Day & Kessy jet-setting around the world - SoCal to China to FLA to SoCal
- FIVB World Tour returns to China for $150,000 FIVB Xiamen Open
- Disappointment, but elation
- Prelude to Fort Lauderdale