Sixteen teams will participate in the FIVB Volleyball Men's Junior World
This is how the 16 teams were decided:
As hosts of the competition, Brazil qualified automatically for the Championship.
The 15 remaining teams qualified through Continental tournaments:
- Tunisia and Egypt won the two qualifying places available at the 2010 Men's Junior African Championship.
- Japan, Iran and India won the three qualifying places available at the 2010 Men's Junior Asian Championship.
- Russia won the 2010 Men's Junior European Championship to qualify for the tournament. They were joined by Serbia, Spain, Bulgaria, Germany and Belgium following the 2011 Men's Junior European Qualification Tournaments.
- USA, Canada and Puerto Rico took the three qualifying places available at the 2010 Men's Junior NORCECA Championship.
- Argentina won the one qualifying place available at the 2010 Men's Junior South American Championship, joining Brazil as South America's two teams.
|AFRICA||view full results|
|14th African Nations championship Men's Junior - October 2-10, 2010 - Misurata, Libya|
6. South Africa
8. Cote d'Ivoire
|ASIA||view full results|
|15th Men's Junior Asian Championship - October 1-9, 2010 - Nakhonpathom and Ratchaburi, Thailand|
6. Chinese Taipei
10. Sri Lanka
14. New Zealand
|EUROPE||view full results|
2011 Men's Junior European Qualification Tournament-
May 17-22, 2011 - Various
Russia qualified as 2010 CEV Men's Junior European champions
Other qualified teams:
Bulgaria - Winner of Qualification Tournament - Pool A (Sofia, BUL)
Serbia - Winner of Qualification Tournament - Pool B (Mogilev, BLR)
Spain - Winner of Qualification Tournament - Pool C (Nitra, SLK)
Germany - Winner of Qualification Tournament - Pool D (Spergau, GER)
Belgium - Best Second
|NORCECA||view full results|
|2010 NORCECA Men´s Junior Championship - August 14-22, 2010 - Gatineau, Canada|
3. Puerto Rico
5. Dominican Republic
11. St Lucia
|SOUTH AMERICA||view full results|
|2010 South American Men's Junior Championship - September 22-26, 2010 - Santiago, Chile|
Tunisia edge Egypt to reclaim crown
October 9, 2010 - Tunisia completed their successful defence of the Men's Junior African Nations Championship by beating arch-rivals Egypt 3-2 (25-16, 22-25, 25-27, 25-20, 15-13) in an exciting final in Misurata, Libya. More...
Japan, Iran and India qualify for Men's Junior World Championship
October 9, 2010 - Japan shattered Iran's dreams of making it three Junior Men's Volleyball Championship titles in a row, stunning their rivals in four dramatic sets to win 3-1 (25-19, 19-25, 25-12, 25-23) and capture the Asian crown for the first time in 22 years. More...
Russia back on top of Europe
September 5, 2010 - Russia is back on top of Europe for the delight of a massive audience in Bobruisk after winning the CEV Junior Championship. More...
USA win gold at NORCECA Men’s Junior Championship
August 21, 2010 – The United States defeated hosts Canada in straight sets in front of a packed house to win their first gold medal at the NORCECA Men’s Junior Tournament. More...
Brazil regain South American crown
September 28, 2010 – Brazil’s junior men’s team regained bragging rights in South America on Sunday, as they beat defending champions Argentina 3-0 (28-26, 29-27, 32-30) to take the title at the 16th Junior Men’s South American Championship in Santiago, Chile. More...