FIVB Board confirms Congress in Milan
Lausanne, Switzerland, April 3, 2014 – The FIVB Board of Administration ratified the decision, which was previously announced in February, to appoint Milan, Italy as the host of the 2014 FIVB World Congress from October 31 to November 1.
The FIVB Congress will take place on October 31 and November 1 with a workshop for all federations on October 30|
The 34th FIVB World Congress will bring together members of the international volleyball family over the two day period and will be preceded by a one day workshop for all national federations on October 30.
The workshop will provide participants the opportunity to discuss issues with the FIVB and confederation officials while also providing a platform for the FIVB to update federations on key developments within the organisation.
This year’s Congress will be held after the FIVB Volleyball World Championships. The FIVB Volleyball Men’s World Championship Poland 2014 will take place from August 30 to September 21 and will be followed by the FIVB Volleyball Women’s World Championship Italy 2014 from September 23 to October 12.
Italy Volleyball Federation President and FIVB Executive Co-Opted member Carlo Magri welcomed all the members to Milan. "Following the FIVB Volleyball Women's World Championship Italy 2014 you are all welcome to Milan for what will be an outstanding Congress," Mr Magri said.
The theme for the workshop on October 30 will be “From vision to action” with the goal to have an open dialogue between member federations.
The previous workshop at the 2012 Congress included 159 participants from 146 countries and the goal for the 2014 edition is to better that number.
Key items on the proposed agenda include:
• Global development report overview from last two years.
• National Federation Strategic Report – opportunities and challenges.
• Development of competitions.
• Digital and social media
• Managing innovation and change
• Working with government in schools
The FIVB Executive Committee and the FIVB Board of Administration will also meet at the time of the Congress on October 28 and October 29 respectively.
OTHER FIVB NEWS
- Official FIVB World Congress website now open
- Ricardo and Andre win Brazil Tour opener
- Talita/Larissa win gold at Brazil’s National Tour season opener
- Brazilian beach volleyball circuit gets under way
- China, Iran top preliminary-round pools in AVC Cup
- Pass me the ball – 123,500 people play volleyball on Olympic Day in Latvia
- Saint Kitts and Nevis beach volleyball athletes begin training camp in Mexico
- Mauritian Volleyball League sees two first-time champions
- Japan, Thailand top pools at AVC Cup for Women
- FIVB President welcomes ASOIF President Francesco Ricci Bitti to FIVB headquarters
- Giovane Gavio happy to be coaching Brazil U-21 team
- FIVB Volleyball House wins award for best hospitality house of Olympic Games in Legacy category
- Argentina win U23 Men’s Pan American Cup
- Poland triumph with U20 European gold in Plovdiv
- Argentina and Cuba to play for gold in Men's U23 Pan Am Cup
- Semifinals set in Men’s U23 Pan American Cup
- FIVB survey translated into five languages
- Congress logo features major Buenos Aires landmark
- Dominican Republic win NORCECA U18 title in dramatic fashion
- Chile, Cuba and Colombia get solid victories at Men's U23 Pan Am Cup
- Mini Volley continental seminar proves a rousing success in its second phase
- Men's U23 Pan Am Cup opens third edition in Guanajuato
- Back to school for Volleyball House
- Russia women win EuroVolley U19 to earn world champs spot
- Samoilovs and Smedins delight home crowd at Jurmala Masters
- Laboureur and Sude lead German clean sweep in Jurmala
- Swiss Olympic duos set to meet for national title
- Olympic heroes set to miss Italian championships
- Clay Stanley latest of USA's 2008 golden boys to retire
- Bank Sarmayeh to face Al-Arabi in final showdown at Asian Men's Club Championship
- Bank Sarmayeh, Shanghai set up mighty clash and Al-Arabi challenge Toyoda at Asian Men's Club Championship semifinals
- Bank Sarmayeh and Al-Arabi remain only two unbeaten teams at Asian Men's Club Championship
- Myanmar, Taiwan Power, Al-Arabi and Bank Sarmayeh top their pools at Asian Men's Club Championship
- Press review: Volleyball still making headlines after rumble in Rio
- Hosts Myanmar join strong teams for convincing wins on Day 1 at Asian Men’s Club Championship
- 16 days of Volleyball House activity ends in true Rio style
- FIVB delivers impressive sports presentation masterclass at Rio 2016 Olympic Games
- Egypt crowned Girls' U18 African champions
- History makers and movers at the Volleyball House
- That's the way, ah ha, ah ha, we like it - FIVB surpasses 500,000 page likes on Facebook
- Argentina’s ‘Las Panteras’ take the Volleyball House by storm
- Lima and Conte demonstrate unifying power of volleyball
- Volleyball House a hit with AISTS students
- Athletes raise Volleyball House temperature
- FIVB Athletes’ Commission officially launched at Volleyball House
- Athlete takeover at Volleyball House
- FIVB lights up Copacabana with spectacular LED net display
- Volleyball technology wows former Brazilian stars
- VIDEO: Beach volleyball legend Randy Stoklos joins #CopaCourts fun
- Aussie rules at Volleyball House