President's Activities Report available now
Lausanne, Switzerland, July 17, 2014 - The second edition of the President's Activities Report (September 2013-June 2014) looks back at some of the important projects the International Volleyball Federation has initiated in the run-up to the FIVB Volleyball World Championships in Poland and Italy later this summer.
President Graça's agenda for change continues in 2014|
Click here to get your copy now.
The 18-page report details significant developments in volleyball and beach volleyball over the last ten months, examines the FIVB's initiatives to bring the game to an ever wider audience and reviews a selection of FIVB President Dr. Ary S. Graça F°'s meetings with key actors in the world of sport and beyond.
The latest edition of the report includes accounts of President Graça's meetings with the highest governmental and sporting representatives in Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates as part of talks on how best to promote volleyball in the region. It also reviews the President's visit to the SportAccord Convention in Belek, Turkey, where discussions with International Olympic Committee President Thomas Bach provided the perfect opportunity to present the latest developments in volleyball and how volleyball can continue to benefit the Olympic Movement.
Fruitful discussions were also held at the International Volleyball Federation's headquarters in Lausanne, Switzerland, which hosted a meeting of the FIVB Board of Administrators in April. An important meeting with beach volleyball promoters was also held in June to present the organisation's vision for the future of the sport.
Looking ahead to events later this year, President Graça is confident that both the Men's World Championships in Poland and the Women's World Championships in Italy will be memorable events for players and fans. A number of competitions have also been enhanced this year. Most notably perhaps, the World League and World Grand Prix competitions, which have gone from 18 to 28 participating teams this year. The Club World Championships and U23 World Championships in Myslowice are two more examples of successful competitions this year and are early indicators that changes afoot are producing positive results.
Finally, the report also looks at the important work the FIVB is doing in collaboration with the Continental Confederations, at projects in different countries across the world and at some of the key milestones in the months ahead. Click here to read the report now.
OTHER FIVB NEWS
- Bank Sarmayeh and Al-Arabi remain only two unbeaten teams at Asian Men's Club Championship
- Myanmar, Taiwan Power, Al-Arabi and Bank Sarmayeh top their pools at Asian Men's Club Championship
- Press review: Volleyball still making headlines after rumble in Rio
- Hosts Myanmar join strong teams for convincing wins on Day 1 at Asian Men’s Club Championship
- 16 days of Volleyball House activity ends in true Rio style
- FIVB delivers impressive sports presentation masterclass at Rio 2016 Olympic Games
- History makers and movers at the Volleyball House
- That's the way, ah ha, ah ha, we like it - FIVB surpasses 500,000 page likes on Facebook
- Argentina’s ‘Las Panteras’ take the Volleyball House by storm
- Lima and Conte demonstrate unifying power of volleyball
- Volleyball House a hit with AISTS students
- Athletes raise Volleyball House temperature
- FIVB Athletes’ Commission officially launched at Volleyball House
- Athlete takeover at Volleyball House
- FIVB lights up Copacabana with spectacular LED net display
- Volleyball technology wows former Brazilian stars
- VIDEO: Beach volleyball legend Randy Stoklos joins #CopaCourts fun
- Aussie rules at Volleyball House
- FIVB official partners enjoy the Rio Olympic experience at Volleyball House and #CopaCourts
- Ziraldo gives Volleyball House an ‘art attack’
- FIVB signs MoU with International Military Sports Council
- Copacabana evening rounds off memorable few days of Volleyball House visits
- President Graça welcomes Fuji TV to Volleyball House
- John Kerry leads dignitaries enjoying volleyball in Rio
- FIVB volleyball legends entertain crowds at showcase #CopaCourts
- FIVB volleyball courts open across Rio providing exciting activities for the whole family
- FIVB signs Memorandum of Understanding with International School Sport Federation
- VIDEO - Volleyball House opens its doors
- President Graça celebrates magnificent Rio 2016 Opening Ceremony
- Volleyball House opening lights up Copacabana
- Yellow Tiger Dirickx announces retirement
- Have your say and win!
- Perun Varna write history by claiming first club championship title in Bulgaria
- FIVB President Graça visits Olympians Reunion Centre Opening Ceremony
- FIVB President Graça officially opens volleyball development training centre in favela community
- Bulgaria awaits first ever club champion in beach volleyball
- FIVB stages Volleyball Your Way Festival in Rio
- Argentine men overcome Mexico 3-0 in Olympic warm-up
- Dominicans win NORCECA U20, earn ticket for 2017 World Championship
- Poland finish World Champs qualifier with clean record and five straight wins
- Turkey and Italy secure ticket to #FIVBWomensU23 World Champs
- Brazil wins second U23 Women’s South American title
- Poland claim ‘big match’ with Italy, both teams secure ticket to #FIVBMensU23
- Bulgaria, Turkey, Italy to fight for ticket to #FIVBWomensU23
- Turkey end Italy’s winning streak at #FIVBWomensU23 qualifier
- Poland, Italy make it three in a row at #FIVBMensU23 qualifier
- Copa Courts to celebrate volleyball in all its forms
- Volleyball Your Way movement to take over Madureira
- President Graça applauds growth of FIVB World League
- Volleyball House continues preparation for Rio 2016