Board puts volleyball on the path to greater success
Lausanne, Switzerland, April 3, 2014 –The International Volleyball Federation (FIVB) Board of Administration completed vibrant discussions on key subjects in order to take volleyball towards an exciting new era on the opening day of its annual meeting at the Lausanne headquarters on Thursday.
The members of the FIVB Board of Administration outside the FIVB headquarters in Lausanne|
FIVB President Dr. Ary S. Graça F° encouraged all the members to carry on the outstanding spirit which is currently enveloping the FIVB and its member federations in his opening address of the meeting before the FIVB Board of Administration members discussed and approved many proposals throughout the day to go to the FIVB Congress, all in the aim of taking the FIVB and the sport of volleyball to a new level of dynamism and innovation.
The FIVB Board of Administration received proposals from the FIVB Finance, Press, Legal, Development, Technical, Coaching and Medical Commissions. All approved proposals will go forward to the FIVB Congress, which will be held from October 31 to November 1 in Milan, Italy.
The meeting started with the FIVB President Dr. Ary S. Graça F° encouraging all members to focus on what lies ahead. “Together we have a bright future, to be bigger than we are today,” he said. “Let’s help volleyball, with your help and support we will succeed in this mission.”
The President concluded the meeting by applauding all the members for their active contribution. "This shows to me, everyone is inline with our vision and inspired by the direction of where volleyball is going."
The guest of honour at the FIVB Board of Administration meeting was Olympic Broadcasting Services Chief Executive Officer Yiannis Exarchos who outlined the key changes in Olympic television and the exciting future ahead.
With all 32 members in attendance, plus the Presidents of the 11 FIVB Commissions and Sports Events Council, it made for a packed meeting room and invigorating debate.
The Board approved the FIVB Treasurer’s Report, the Budget, the External Audit Report by Ernst & Young, the Financial Controller’s Report and the Internal Audit Report. It also ratified the date and location of the next FIVB Congress - In Milan, Italy form October 31 to November 1.
The members also received an update on the proposed extension of the FIVB headquarters to include a “Hall of Dreams” – a virtual museum for which the project is expected to start in July.
The second and final day of the Board of Administration will be completed on Friday, with reports from the Beach Volleyball Commission, Sports Events Council, Rules of the Game Commission and TV & New Media Commission on the agenda in addition to the reports from each of the five Confederations.
OTHER FIVB NEWS
- Ricardo and Andre win Brazil Tour opener
- Talita/Larissa win gold at Brazil’s National Tour season opener
- Brazilian beach volleyball circuit gets under way
- China, Iran top preliminary-round pools in AVC Cup
- Pass me the ball – 123,500 people play volleyball on Olympic Day in Latvia
- Saint Kitts and Nevis beach volleyball athletes begin training camp in Mexico
- Mauritian Volleyball League sees two first-time champions
- Japan, Thailand top pools at AVC Cup for Women
- FIVB President welcomes ASOIF President Francesco Ricci Bitti to FIVB headquarters
- Giovane Gavio happy to be coaching Brazil U-21 team
- FIVB Volleyball House wins award for best hospitality house of Olympic Games in Legacy category
- Argentina win U23 Men’s Pan American Cup
- Poland triumph with U20 European gold in Plovdiv
- Argentina and Cuba to play for gold in Men's U23 Pan Am Cup
- Semifinals set in Men’s U23 Pan American Cup
- FIVB survey translated into five languages
- Congress logo features major Buenos Aires landmark
- Dominican Republic win NORCECA U18 title in dramatic fashion
- Chile, Cuba and Colombia get solid victories at Men's U23 Pan Am Cup
- Mini Volley continental seminar proves a rousing success in its second phase
- Men's U23 Pan Am Cup opens third edition in Guanajuato
- Back to school for Volleyball House
- Russia women win EuroVolley U19 to earn world champs spot
- Samoilovs and Smedins delight home crowd at Jurmala Masters
- Laboureur and Sude lead German clean sweep in Jurmala
- Swiss Olympic duos set to meet for national title
- Olympic heroes set to miss Italian championships
- Clay Stanley latest of USA's 2008 golden boys to retire
- Bank Sarmayeh to face Al-Arabi in final showdown at Asian Men's Club Championship
- Bank Sarmayeh, Shanghai set up mighty clash and Al-Arabi challenge Toyoda at Asian Men's Club Championship semifinals
- Bank Sarmayeh and Al-Arabi remain only two unbeaten teams at Asian Men's Club Championship
- Myanmar, Taiwan Power, Al-Arabi and Bank Sarmayeh top their pools at Asian Men's Club Championship
- Press review: Volleyball still making headlines after rumble in Rio
- Hosts Myanmar join strong teams for convincing wins on Day 1 at Asian Men’s Club Championship
- 16 days of Volleyball House activity ends in true Rio style
- FIVB delivers impressive sports presentation masterclass at Rio 2016 Olympic Games
- Egypt crowned Girls' U18 African champions
- History makers and movers at the Volleyball House
- That's the way, ah ha, ah ha, we like it - FIVB surpasses 500,000 page likes on Facebook
- Argentina’s ‘Las Panteras’ take the Volleyball House by storm
- Lima and Conte demonstrate unifying power of volleyball
- Volleyball House a hit with AISTS students
- Athletes raise Volleyball House temperature
- FIVB Athletes’ Commission officially launched at Volleyball House
- Athlete takeover at Volleyball House
- FIVB lights up Copacabana with spectacular LED net display
- Volleyball technology wows former Brazilian stars
- VIDEO: Beach volleyball legend Randy Stoklos joins #CopaCourts fun
- Aussie rules at Volleyball House
- FIVB official partners enjoy the Rio Olympic experience at Volleyball House and #CopaCourts