Let’s maintain exciting vision – President Graça tells Executive Committee
Lausanne, Switzerland, April 2, 2014 – FIVB President Dr. Ary S. Graça F° encouraged all the members of the International Volleyball Federation (FIVB) Executive Committee to continue their great work and maintain the FIVB’s vision towards an exciting future for the organisation and for volleyball overall during its opening meeting of 2014 at its Lausanne headquarters on Wednesday.
President Graça pinpointed the FIVB Volleyball World Championships 2014 as key events to take the promotion of volleyball to another level|
Dr. Graça applauded the Committee members during the meeting - where the members reviewed all the proposals of the FIVB Commissions in preparation for the FIVB Board of Administration meeting, which will be held on Thursday and Friday - for their great effort during the past year and the many accomplishments achieved over the last 12 months however he stressed there was still plenty of work ahead in order to continue the growth and development of volleyball around the world.
“Our future promises to be very exciting,” Dr Graça said. “We have a great sport and coupled with the extremely proficient and passionate individuals who represent volleyball around the world, we have the necessary manpower and tools to continue to take volleyball to another level.
“Let’s keep looking forward. The last year has been very hard working and we are continuing the evolution, everything in the past was good but we must improve or we will stay behind.
“I have been traveling all around the world. I visited the Congress of all the Confederations, which were very beneficial for all parties, especially myself, providing a great opportunity to meet all the members of the FIVB family. I would like to
congratulate the Confederation Presidents, I feel and I have seen they
are working very hard. We must continue to be close, working together
whilst at the same time respecting their individual needs.
“Now the FIVB has a new development plan where the federations can ask for assistance and they have the full support of the international governing body for volleyball but of course, what comes with that is responsibility on their part, a responsibility to deliver.
"Our two disciplines continue to undergo encouraging modifications with new technology at the forefront of our ongoing innovation. Beach volleyball has improved this year with more events and record prize money while the two Drawing of Lots for the FIVB Volleyball World Championships were the best ever I have participated in. I would like to congratulate Poland and Italy for a great show, which provided a great preview of what we can expect later this year during the World Championship proper. I’m sure we are going to have two successful World Championships in two great volleyball countries. Let's make no mistake, this is our great chance to promote volleyball.”
The FIVB Executive Committee gave a round of applause to FIVB Honorary Life President and Advisor to the Board of Administration Jizhong Wei who was in the meeting having recently recovered from surgery.
The FIVB Board of Administration meeting will run from 09:00 to 18:00 (Lausanne time) on Thursday and Friday.
OTHER FIVB NEWS
- Bank Sarmayeh, Shanghai set up mighty clash and Al-Arabi challenge Toyoda at Asian Men's Club Championship semifinals
- Bank Sarmayeh and Al-Arabi remain only two unbeaten teams at Asian Men's Club Championship
- Myanmar, Taiwan Power, Al-Arabi and Bank Sarmayeh top their pools at Asian Men's Club Championship
- Press review: Volleyball still making headlines after rumble in Rio
- Hosts Myanmar join strong teams for convincing wins on Day 1 at Asian Men’s Club Championship
- 16 days of Volleyball House activity ends in true Rio style
- FIVB delivers impressive sports presentation masterclass at Rio 2016 Olympic Games
- History makers and movers at the Volleyball House
- That's the way, ah ha, ah ha, we like it - FIVB surpasses 500,000 page likes on Facebook
- Argentina’s ‘Las Panteras’ take the Volleyball House by storm
- Lima and Conte demonstrate unifying power of volleyball
- Volleyball House a hit with AISTS students
- Athletes raise Volleyball House temperature
- FIVB Athletes’ Commission officially launched at Volleyball House
- Athlete takeover at Volleyball House
- FIVB lights up Copacabana with spectacular LED net display
- Volleyball technology wows former Brazilian stars
- VIDEO: Beach volleyball legend Randy Stoklos joins #CopaCourts fun
- Aussie rules at Volleyball House
- FIVB official partners enjoy the Rio Olympic experience at Volleyball House and #CopaCourts
- Ziraldo gives Volleyball House an ‘art attack’
- FIVB signs MoU with International Military Sports Council
- Copacabana evening rounds off memorable few days of Volleyball House visits
- President Graça welcomes Fuji TV to Volleyball House
- John Kerry leads dignitaries enjoying volleyball in Rio
- FIVB volleyball legends entertain crowds at showcase #CopaCourts
- FIVB volleyball courts open across Rio providing exciting activities for the whole family
- FIVB signs Memorandum of Understanding with International School Sport Federation
- VIDEO - Volleyball House opens its doors
- President Graça celebrates magnificent Rio 2016 Opening Ceremony
- Volleyball House opening lights up Copacabana
- Yellow Tiger Dirickx announces retirement
- Have your say and win!
- Perun Varna write history by claiming first club championship title in Bulgaria
- FIVB President Graça visits Olympians Reunion Centre Opening Ceremony
- FIVB President Graça officially opens volleyball development training centre in favela community
- Bulgaria awaits first ever club champion in beach volleyball
- FIVB stages Volleyball Your Way Festival in Rio
- Argentine men overcome Mexico 3-0 in Olympic warm-up
- Dominicans win NORCECA U20, earn ticket for 2017 World Championship
- Poland finish World Champs qualifier with clean record and five straight wins
- Turkey and Italy secure ticket to #FIVBWomensU23 World Champs
- Brazil wins second U23 Women’s South American title
- Poland claim ‘big match’ with Italy, both teams secure ticket to #FIVBMensU23
- Bulgaria, Turkey, Italy to fight for ticket to #FIVBWomensU23
- Turkey end Italy’s winning streak at #FIVBWomensU23 qualifier
- Poland, Italy make it three in a row at #FIVBMensU23 qualifier
- Copa Courts to celebrate volleyball in all its forms
- Volleyball Your Way movement to take over Madureira
- President Graça applauds growth of FIVB World League