Historic Board of Administration meeting begins in Lausanne
Lausanne, Switzerland, April 4, 2013 – The first FIVB Board of Administration meeting under the presidency of Dr. Ary S. Graça F° officially opened at the FIVB headquarters in Lausanne, Switzerland on Thursday.
The FIVB Board of Administration is meeting properly for the first time under the presidency of Dr. Ary S. Graça F°|
The two-day meeting, which includes the presence of FIVB Honorary Life President Mr Jizhong Wei and Honorary Executive Vice President and Board of Administration member Mr Theofanis Tsiokris, will see the Board focus on the proposals of the FIVB Commissions, which were reviewed by the FIVB Executive Committee on Wednesday, while also evaluating key ways to modernise the FIVB and the sport of volleyball.
President Graça opened the meeting by emphasising the important role each of the Board members have. “Your presence is very important, we created a base with Mr Wei, from now on though, it depends on us, it depends on you.
“Today we must compete with other sports. We must modernise, innovate and change. It is all about participation - in this meeting and also on the court. We must believe what is going to be the future.
“There is a lot of work to do so we can’t sit still. We must give opportunities all over the world. Like that we will reach our goals.”
Mr Wei also addressed the members: “Thank you for keeping me active in this family. But I am very happy to transfer the FIVB responsibility to a new team led by Dr. Ary Graça.
“During my time as FIVB President I didn’t bring any new principles, all these new principles were already in your mind for a long time. I helped make them public.
“Under the leadership of Dr. Ary Graça you will start a new era of the FIVB. It is time to accept this new concept.”
Since the election of President Graça at the FIVB Congress in Anaheim, USA in September, the new Board of Administration met briefly during the Congress but this week's two-day meeting is the first fully-fledged Board of Administration meeting.
OTHER FIVB NEWS
- Myanmar, Taiwan Power, Al-Arabi and Bank Sarmayeh top their pools at Asian Men's Club Championship
- Press review: Volleyball still making headlines after rumble in Rio
- Hosts Myanmar join strong teams for convincing wins on Day 1 at Asian Men’s Club Championship
- 16 days of Volleyball House activity ends in true Rio style
- FIVB delivers impressive sports presentation masterclass at Rio 2016 Olympic Games
- History makers and movers at the Volleyball House
- That's the way, ah ha, ah ha, we like it - FIVB surpasses 500,000 page likes on Facebook
- Argentina’s ‘Las Panteras’ take the Volleyball House by storm
- Lima and Conte demonstrate unifying power of volleyball
- Volleyball House a hit with AISTS students
- Athletes raise Volleyball House temperature
- FIVB Athletes’ Commission officially launched at Volleyball House
- Athlete takeover at Volleyball House
- FIVB lights up Copacabana with spectacular LED net display
- Volleyball technology wows former Brazilian stars
- VIDEO: Beach volleyball legend Randy Stoklos joins #CopaCourts fun
- Aussie rules at Volleyball House
- FIVB official partners enjoy the Rio Olympic experience at Volleyball House and #CopaCourts
- Ziraldo gives Volleyball House an ‘art attack’
- FIVB signs MoU with International Military Sports Council
- Copacabana evening rounds off memorable few days of Volleyball House visits
- President Graça welcomes Fuji TV to Volleyball House
- John Kerry leads dignitaries enjoying volleyball in Rio
- FIVB volleyball legends entertain crowds at showcase #CopaCourts
- FIVB volleyball courts open across Rio providing exciting activities for the whole family
- FIVB signs Memorandum of Understanding with International School Sport Federation
- VIDEO - Volleyball House opens its doors
- President Graça celebrates magnificent Rio 2016 Opening Ceremony
- Volleyball House opening lights up Copacabana
- Yellow Tiger Dirickx announces retirement
- Have your say and win!
- Perun Varna write history by claiming first club championship title in Bulgaria
- FIVB President Graça visits Olympians Reunion Centre Opening Ceremony
- FIVB President Graça officially opens volleyball development training centre in favela community
- Bulgaria awaits first ever club champion in beach volleyball
- FIVB stages Volleyball Your Way Festival in Rio
- Argentine men overcome Mexico 3-0 in Olympic warm-up
- Dominicans win NORCECA U20, earn ticket for 2017 World Championship
- Poland finish World Champs qualifier with clean record and five straight wins
- Turkey and Italy secure ticket to #FIVBWomensU23 World Champs
- Brazil wins second U23 Women’s South American title
- Poland claim ‘big match’ with Italy, both teams secure ticket to #FIVBMensU23
- Bulgaria, Turkey, Italy to fight for ticket to #FIVBWomensU23
- Turkey end Italy’s winning streak at #FIVBWomensU23 qualifier
- Poland, Italy make it three in a row at #FIVBMensU23 qualifier
- Copa Courts to celebrate volleyball in all its forms
- Volleyball Your Way movement to take over Madureira
- President Graça applauds growth of FIVB World League
- Volleyball House continues preparation for Rio 2016
- Volleyball athletes speak out in support of their Russian counterparts