FIVB Executive Committee meets prior to Board of Administration meeting
Lausanne, Switzerland, April 3, 2013 – The International Volleyball Federation (FIVB) Executive Committee met at the FIVB headquarters in Lausanne, Switzerland on Wednesday in preparation of the Board of Administration meeting on Thursday and Friday.
The FIVB Honorary Life President Jizhong Wei and the Presidents of the FIVB Commissions were in attendance at Wednesday's Executive Committee meeting|
Continued development and modernisation were the key themes as the Executive Committee approved the agenda for the Board of Administration meeting.
FIVB President Dr. Ary S. Graça F° opened the meeting, which included FIVB Honorary Life President Jizhong Wei and the President's of the FIVB Commissions in attendance, by stressing to the members how important they are in determining how to motivate up and coming federations.
“This week is about preparing new ideas to continue the good work Mr Wei started four years ago,” President Graça said. “I love volleyball, I played volleyball, I still play volleyball, I am here for the development of volleyball.
“The FIVB needs your help primarily because we need to improve. We need to change our mentality from the past. This is very important. If we don’t change we are going to lag behind because society is changing. We need to modernise.
“Our position in the sport world is a very good position today. The Olympics were very good but we must come back to reality and react accordingly. We must professionalise the FIVB. We have a long way to go but even if we reach our goals in the next four years it’s not enough, we must go further. That is why we have all kind of people, all kind of thinking in the Executive Committee and Board of Administration.”
Mr Wei added: “When I was President, the main task for me was to bring the FIVB back into the Olympic movement. We had to clean our house first. Now the FIVB is a clean house. Like that we have the confidence of the Olympic movement – the IOC and other sports federations.
"The real revolution starts with the presidency of Dr. Ary Graça. Like he said, to change the mind is sometimes difficult. I attended Rio (Executive Committee meeting in December), now I’m here and I agree with the philosophy of Dr. Ary Graça. This is why I am confident the revolution of the FIVB will continue."
The FIVB Board of Administration will take place at the FIVB headquarters on Thursday and Friday.
OTHER FIVB NEWS
- Rio 2016 Volleyball House legacy starting to be felt
- 35th FIVB Congress to open in period of unprecedented growth for volleyball
- Iran capture third AVC Cup title after comeback win over China
- Official FIVB World Congress website now open
- Iran, China to clash in final of Men's AVC Cup
- Ricardo and Andre win Brazil Tour opener
- Talita/Larissa win gold at Brazil’s National Tour season opener
- Brazilian beach volleyball circuit gets under way
- China, Iran top preliminary-round pools in AVC Cup
- Pass me the ball – 123,500 people play volleyball on Olympic Day in Latvia
- Saint Kitts and Nevis beach volleyball athletes begin training camp in Mexico
- Mauritian Volleyball League sees two first-time champions
- Japan, Thailand top pools at AVC Cup for Women
- FIVB President welcomes ASOIF President Francesco Ricci Bitti to FIVB headquarters
- Giovane Gavio happy to be coaching Brazil U-21 team
- FIVB Volleyball House wins award for best hospitality house of Olympic Games in Legacy category
- Argentina win U23 Men’s Pan American Cup
- Poland triumph with U20 European gold in Plovdiv
- Argentina and Cuba to play for gold in Men's U23 Pan Am Cup
- Semifinals set in Men’s U23 Pan American Cup
- FIVB survey translated into five languages
- Congress logo features major Buenos Aires landmark
- Dominican Republic win NORCECA U18 title in dramatic fashion
- Chile, Cuba and Colombia get solid victories at Men's U23 Pan Am Cup
- Mini Volley continental seminar proves a rousing success in its second phase
- Men's U23 Pan Am Cup opens third edition in Guanajuato
- Back to school for Volleyball House
- Russia women win EuroVolley U19 to earn world champs spot
- Samoilovs and Smedins delight home crowd at Jurmala Masters
- Laboureur and Sude lead German clean sweep in Jurmala
- Swiss Olympic duos set to meet for national title
- Olympic heroes set to miss Italian championships
- Clay Stanley latest of USA's 2008 golden boys to retire
- Bank Sarmayeh to face Al-Arabi in final showdown at Asian Men's Club Championship
- Bank Sarmayeh, Shanghai set up mighty clash and Al-Arabi challenge Toyoda at Asian Men's Club Championship semifinals
- Bank Sarmayeh and Al-Arabi remain only two unbeaten teams at Asian Men's Club Championship
- Myanmar, Taiwan Power, Al-Arabi and Bank Sarmayeh top their pools at Asian Men's Club Championship
- Press review: Volleyball still making headlines after rumble in Rio
- Hosts Myanmar join strong teams for convincing wins on Day 1 at Asian Men’s Club Championship
- 16 days of Volleyball House activity ends in true Rio style
- FIVB delivers impressive sports presentation masterclass at Rio 2016 Olympic Games
- Egypt crowned Girls' U18 African champions
- History makers and movers at the Volleyball House
- That's the way, ah ha, ah ha, we like it - FIVB surpasses 500,000 page likes on Facebook
- Argentina’s ‘Las Panteras’ take the Volleyball House by storm
- Lima and Conte demonstrate unifying power of volleyball
- Volleyball House a hit with AISTS students
- Athletes raise Volleyball House temperature
- FIVB Athletes’ Commission officially launched at Volleyball House
- Athlete takeover at Volleyball House