Cristobal Marte Hoffiz reelected as NORCECA President
Punta Cana, Dominican Republic, October 8, 2011 – FIVB First Executive Vice President Cristobal Marte Hoffiz was reelected by acclamation as president of the North, Central American and Caribbean Volleyball Confederation (NORCECA) for a new four-year term after receiving the unanimous vote from the delegates of the 40 National Federations in attendance at the 21st NORCECA Congress on Saturday.
FIVB President Jizhong Wei along with reelected NORCECA President Cristobal Marte Hoffiz and the confederation board of administration and executive committee members|
In the presence of FIVB President Jizhong Wei, FIVB vice-presidents André Meyer (CEV president) and Dr Ary Graça (CSV president), the delegates also voted to elect the members of the NORCECA Board of Administration and Executive Committee.
“We need to focus on the future, a bright future that lies ahead for our confederation,” Mr Marte Hoffiz said following his election. “I express my gratitude to all of you for the vote of confidence I have received today and I will do my best to work beyond my limits.”
Mr Marte Hoffiz is being joined by Saul Castro Verdugo (Mexico), Douglas Beal (United States), Mushtaque Mohammed (Trinidad and Tobago), Marta Centeno de Sajche (Guatemala), Hugh Wong (Canada), Glenn Quinlan (St. Kitts and Nevis), Jose Luis Jimenez (Costa Rica), Lucille Hobson (U.S. Virgin Islands), Nelson Perez (Puerto Rico), Bertha Cuadra (Nicaragua) and Sabinah Mason (British Virgin Islands).
Mr Castro Verdugo and Mr Beal were named first and second executive vice presidents respectively, while Mr Mohammed, Ms Centeno, Mr Quinlan and Mr Wong were appointed as vice presidents representing the zones of Caribbean, Central America, Eastern Caribbean and Central. Jimenez Lao will be the General Secretary and Jesus Prieto (Puerto Rico) acting treasurer.
The assembly also designated the candidates of NORCECA to the FIVB Board of Administration to be confirmed during the FIVB Congress in Anaheim, United States in October of 2012. They are together with Mr Marte Hoffiz, Mr Castro Verdugo, Ms Centeno de Sajche, Mr Beal, Mr Mohammed and Mr Wong.
The delegates also voted to elect the presidents of the 10 different commissions that operate within NORCECA. They are Mr Castro Verdugo (Sport Organizing), Mr Mohammed (Development, Technical and Coaches), Puerto Rico’s Jose Perez Vento (Refereeing), Puerto Rico’s Arnaldo Sanchez (Beach Volleyball), Dominican Republic’s Andres Piña (Medical), Mexico’s Alberto Arreola (Finance), Cuba’s Lisset Ricardo (Media), Dominican Republic’s Giovanni Gautreaux (Legal), Guatemala’s Zully Saravia (Marketing) and Nicaragua’s Judith Sandino (VIS and Statistics).
The elections were preceded by the presentation of plaques to the most outstanding national federations organizing competitions during the period 2009-2010. They are: French Saint Martin (Eastern Caribbean), Cayman Islands (Caribbean), Guatemala (Central America) and Puerto Rico and Mexico in the NORCECA Confederation.
OTHER FIVB NEWS
- Myanmar, Taiwan Power, Al-Arabi and Bank Sarmayeh top their pools at Asian Men's Club Championship
- Press review: Volleyball still making headlines after rumble in Rio
- Hosts Myanmar join strong teams for convincing wins on Day 1 at Asian Men’s Club Championship
- 16 days of Volleyball House activity ends in true Rio style
- FIVB delivers impressive sports presentation masterclass at Rio 2016 Olympic Games
- History makers and movers at the Volleyball House
- That's the way, ah ha, ah ha, we like it - FIVB surpasses 500,000 page likes on Facebook
- Argentina’s ‘Las Panteras’ take the Volleyball House by storm
- Lima and Conte demonstrate unifying power of volleyball
- Volleyball House a hit with AISTS students
- Athletes raise Volleyball House temperature
- FIVB Athletes’ Commission officially launched at Volleyball House
- Athlete takeover at Volleyball House
- FIVB lights up Copacabana with spectacular LED net display
- Volleyball technology wows former Brazilian stars
- VIDEO: Beach volleyball legend Randy Stoklos joins #CopaCourts fun
- Aussie rules at Volleyball House
- FIVB official partners enjoy the Rio Olympic experience at Volleyball House and #CopaCourts
- Ziraldo gives Volleyball House an ‘art attack’
- FIVB signs MoU with International Military Sports Council
- Copacabana evening rounds off memorable few days of Volleyball House visits
- President Graça welcomes Fuji TV to Volleyball House
- John Kerry leads dignitaries enjoying volleyball in Rio
- FIVB volleyball legends entertain crowds at showcase #CopaCourts
- FIVB volleyball courts open across Rio providing exciting activities for the whole family
- FIVB signs Memorandum of Understanding with International School Sport Federation
- VIDEO - Volleyball House opens its doors
- President Graça celebrates magnificent Rio 2016 Opening Ceremony
- Volleyball House opening lights up Copacabana
- Yellow Tiger Dirickx announces retirement
- Have your say and win!
- Perun Varna write history by claiming first club championship title in Bulgaria
- FIVB President Graça visits Olympians Reunion Centre Opening Ceremony
- FIVB President Graça officially opens volleyball development training centre in favela community
- Bulgaria awaits first ever club champion in beach volleyball
- FIVB stages Volleyball Your Way Festival in Rio
- Argentine men overcome Mexico 3-0 in Olympic warm-up
- Dominicans win NORCECA U20, earn ticket for 2017 World Championship
- Poland finish World Champs qualifier with clean record and five straight wins
- Turkey and Italy secure ticket to #FIVBWomensU23 World Champs
- Brazil wins second U23 Women’s South American title
- Poland claim ‘big match’ with Italy, both teams secure ticket to #FIVBMensU23
- Bulgaria, Turkey, Italy to fight for ticket to #FIVBWomensU23
- Turkey end Italy’s winning streak at #FIVBWomensU23 qualifier
- Poland, Italy make it three in a row at #FIVBMensU23 qualifier
- Copa Courts to celebrate volleyball in all its forms
- Volleyball Your Way movement to take over Madureira
- President Graça applauds growth of FIVB World League
- Volleyball House continues preparation for Rio 2016
- Volleyball athletes speak out in support of their Russian counterparts